Anyone else have 35 - 40 day cycles?

teacup

Reaction score
Helloo! :wave:

I am on day one of my second cycle TTC. My cycles are usually around 31 - 35 days, but my last cycle was 40 days!!! I wonder if my anxiousness/excitement about TTC delayed ovulation?

Do any of you girls have long cycles? Do you track ovulation? I haven't been tracking ovulation but it is making it really tricky working out when I'm most fertile. :coffee:

Thanks!

Hi teacup, I had a really mixed bag of cycles, 27 to about 40, so predicting when I would ovulate in the month was tricky so i didn't try and just had a lot of :sex: from day 10 to 20ish maybe later, turned out the cycle I conceived was going to be around 35 and I ovulated around cd20/21 possibly by dating scan.

Good luck! don't worry about your long cycles. Do you know what your usual luteal phase is?

Hi teacup, I had a really mixed bag of cycles, 27 to about 40, so predicting when I would ovulate in the month was tricky so i didn't try and just had a lot of :sex: from day 10 to 20ish maybe later, turned out the cycle I conceived was going to be around 35 and I ovulated around cd20/21 possibly by dating scan.

Good luck! don't worry about your long cycles. Do you know what your usual luteal phase is?

Thanks Fxmummyduck! I'm glad I'm not the only one. So many ladies seem to have regular 28 day cycles. I haven't a clue how long my luteal phase is! How do you work it out?

I have been recording my cycle lengths for almost two years and they are anything from 28 days to 40! Average seems to be about 32 - 34.

I'm guessing I ovulate later than I thought, so we probably missed the egg last cycle. I think this cycle we will BD ever couple of days throughout the main part of my cycle! Hopefully we wont miss it that way. :thumbup:

I'd say we have very similar cycles! I tended to look for symptoms of ovulating like cm, aching were most obvious to me, and I'd usually ovulate a few days later, but I would write on the calendar the days I had symptoms, then when AF arrived I would count back to the symptoms and roughly see how many days it had been - regardless of cycle length my luteal phase was always 14/15 days. I did this for ages before we were trying to conceive and honestly don't know how helpful it is other than getting to know a bit more when you ovulate!

Sorry that doesn't sound very helpful! All I'd say is that you may ovulate later than you think so carry on :sex: longer into the cycle than you originally would based on people ovulating cd14 blah etc cos were not all like that! When I conceived the last day we did anything was cd20 and by dates only just caught that egg, with spermies possibly surviving a few days too!

Loads of luck, hopefully you'll get that bfp real soon!

MY cycles are roughly 35-38 days long and i ovulated on CD20 this month and CD21 last cycle :)

I'd say we have very similar cycles! I tended to look for symptoms of ovulating like cm, aching were most obvious to me, and I'd usually ovulate a few days later, but I would write on the calendar the days I had symptoms, then when AF arrived I would count back to the symptoms and roughly see how many days it had been - regardless of cycle length my luteal phase was always 14/15 days. I did this for ages before we were trying to conceive and honestly don't know how helpful it is other than getting to know a bit more when you ovulate!

Sorry that doesn't sound very helpful! All I'd say is that you may ovulate later than you think so carry on :sex: longer into the cycle than you originally would based on people ovulating cd14 blah etc cos were not all like that! When I conceived the last day we did anything was cd20 and by dates only just caught that egg, with spermies possibly surviving a few days too!

Loads of luck, hopefully you'll get that bfp real soon!

Thank you! No that really helps! :thumbup: Yes are cycles do sound similar! I'll aim to do most of the BD'ing around cd20 then, thanks!

The only symptoms I have had around ovulation is slight crampy twinges and I sometimes get EWCM but not always. So I'll look out for those symptoms. I think because this was my first cycle trying I went by my ticker (which I had set to a 31 day cycle) so it wasn't very accurate. I was probably a week off of my actual ovulation. Thanks for all the advice. :flower:

Congratulations on expecting a baby! :happydance: Best wishes for a healthy happy 9 months! xxx

MY cycles are roughly 35-38 days long and i ovulated on CD20 this month and CD21 last cycle :)

Thanks OhTheJoy! It definitely sounds like it's around cd20 when we should do the most BD'ing then! I feel much more prepared this cycle now, thanks. :hugs:

Thank you! No that really helps! :thumbup: Yes are cycles do sound similar! I'll aim to do most of the BD'ing around cd20 then, thanks!

The only symptoms I have had around ovulation is slight crampy twinges and I sometimes get EWCM but not always. So I'll look out for those symptoms. I think because this was my first cycle trying I went by my ticker (which I had set to a 31 day cycle) so it wasn't very accurate. I was probably a week off of my actual ovulation. Thanks for all the advice. :flower:

Congratulations on expecting a baby! :happydance: Best wishes for a healthy happy 9 months! xxx

It's really hard spotting ovulation and I think I got it wrong alot despie lots of practice, but just being aware of things helps I think. Perhaps bd every other day earlier on and then every day if you can nearer to cd19,20 etc you dont want to miss if it you have a shorter cycle and ovulate cd17 or something!

Thanks for the congrats :flower: keeping my fingers x that things carry on healthily! I dont know you worry trying to conceive, and even when you get your bfp you carry on worrying to 12 weeks, make it to the scan and then start worrying all over again! he he!

Good luck! I'l be stalking the boards to see how you get on xx

Hi Teacup! I remember you from wtt boards last year (happy brooders or something like that??) but I took a hiatus until now. Off bcp in April and cycle #1 was 34 days. Now on cycle #2 and TTC/NTNP cycle #1! In the past when i took breaks from bcp my cycles were usually 30-38 days so I am certainly in the same boat. Trying not to get too obsessed with details as I'm afraid of turning sexy time into a stressful time- but I know my type A personality will eventually prevail... :)
Happy to see you in TTC! Good luck Lady!!!!

Hi Teacup! I remember you from wtt boards last year (happy brooders or something like that??) but I took a hiatus until now. Off bcp in April and cycle #1 was 34 days. Now on cycle #2 and TTC/NTNP cycle #1! In the past when i took breaks from bcp my cycles were usually 30-38 days so I am certainly in the same boat. Trying not to get too obsessed with details as I'm afraid of turning sexy time into a stressful time- but I know my type A personality will eventually prevail... :)
Happy to see you in TTC! Good luck Lady!!!!

Thanks! Yes it was a loooong wait! I'm pleased to be finally TTC, and had all my hopes on conceiving the first month. It seems strange having tried to avoid pregnancy for so long and then when you finally TTC you expect it to happen straight away! But of course it's not that easy/simple.

Congratulations on reaching TTC too! Hope you get your BFP straight away! xx

It's really hard spotting ovulation and I think I got it wrong alot despie lots of practice, but just being aware of things helps I think. Perhaps bd every other day earlier on and then every day if you can nearer to cd19,20 etc you dont want to miss if it you have a shorter cycle and ovulate cd17 or something!

Thanks for the congrats :flower: keeping my fingers x that things carry on healthily! I dont know you worry trying to conceive, and even when you get your bfp you carry on worrying to 12 weeks, make it to the scan and then start worrying all over again! he he!

Thanks! I hope I get my BFP on cycle #2 like you! xx :hugs:

Thanks! I hope I get my BFP on cycle #2 like you! xx :hugs:

Maybe it's lucky! Your chances go up every month :hugs:

Hi Ladies! Teacup where you at cd wise? Any healthy/fun/distracting activities or reads to keep my mind off my tww?

Hi Ladies! Teacup where you at cd wise? Any healthy/fun/distracting activities or reads to keep my mind off my tww?

I'm cd2! So still dealing with the witch. I'm going out tonight though so at least I know I can have a drink! :haha:

Last 2ww (which was actually 3 weeks) I read other ladies symptoms on the twoweekwait website (slightly obsessively!). But that probably isn't healthy or distracting! Read a new book? Do a painting/drawing? Knit a baby hat/toy? Sun bathe? :thumbup:

I found it really hard to think of anything else except "am I pregnant?" during the 2ww. What cd are you on? When are you testing? Good luck!

I am right there with you ladies! I went off the pill in May and havent had a legit AF yet so I have no real clue exactly when may have O'd.

Draculisa- I feel ya!
Teacup- that's what I'm trying NOT to do too much! But of COURSE I can't help but symptom spot! Or actually the opposite, I feel like I'm try to will symptoms to appear. So far I have none! Like no cm, no breast tenderness, no bloating... My body feels kinda androgynous right now. Ah well. Distracting activities are including baking, biking, reading Damned Nations (subject matter of which makes my symptom spotting seem really frivolous!) and making elaborate dinners with my man.
So you're gearing up for bd time soonish then Teacup! I find that I have to think of ways to keep the sexiness sexy- this month was new lingerie. I guess im going to have to come up with a new thing every cycle... ;)
Cd 23 today. I guess if I even o'd at all this month, AF should be around the 19-20th. I think I'll test on the 16th for Father's Day just in case though ;)

Hi my cycle as been up and down since comeing off the depo a yr ago it took 7 months to finally get my period then it was coming around 35 days last period 30 days so I am hoping this mayb the start of a regular thing.I am also trying to conceive but got told I was not ovulating so may have to take clomid I am at the hospital end of this month.But in the mean time I keep a track of my periods and when I should ovulate and bought a self testing kit and by the calculations I should ovulate on tue so fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->