Anyone else have a lo that doesn't drink much?!

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
My lo is nearly 6 weeks now and still only has 2-3oz out of her milk even with a space of 3 hours in-between. Only once every few days can I get her to have 4oz! She is happy & alert between feeds/naps.

I was feeding her on demand & she was gaining weight each week & the hv advised to space her out to 3 hours on Friday due to my lo having a lot of wind, so it will be interesting to see what her weight is like this week.

Anyone have a lo that didn't drink much & has been fine?

Yes! Our LO was a small grazer until about a month ago when she suddenly spiked and started draining 7oz bottles. I know it's so frustrating but best to just feed her as she wishes. You'll soon know if she's not getting enough if you weigh her regularly. I thought my LO would never drink vast quantities but now she's guzzling and I'm worried she's having too much! The worry never ends :D

Yes! Our LO was a small grazer until about a month ago when she suddenly spiked and started draining 7oz bottles. I know it's so frustrating but best to just feed her as she wishes. You'll soon know if she's not getting enough if you weigh her regularly. I thought my LO would never drink vast quantities but now she's guzzling and I'm worried she's having too much! The worry never ends :D

Thanks! That's good to know and I totally agree with the worrying!!! :dohh:

Yep same here!! My LO is 17wks today and only has 4oz every 2-3hours (mostly 3hrs!) definitely a little grazer!! She's gaining weight absolutely fine though so I have no concerns! MIL has insisted it must be time to start weaning because of this but we're not, she's certainly not ready for that just yet! x

Hi hun. Chloe is 10 weeks old and still only takes 4oz max a bottle. VERY rarely she will take 5, but never the 6 she is recommended to be taking. She is putting on weight well though so i just take it shes not as greedy as my son was who was on 8oz bottles of hungry baby by her age!

As long as your LO is putting on weight she'll be fine. She will let you know if and when she wants more

xx

EDIT: Totally agree about the grazing. She's just like her Daddy who will be picking at food allll day!

Thanks for your replies! :flower:

Glad to see it's just not my lo! She does let me know when she is hungry around 3 hours and then is totally fine inbetween which makes me think if she was hungry I would know about it!

I've tried changing her nappy etc and then seeing if she will have more but she will never take anymore :dohh:

I was so stressed about this, but you know they know how much they want, Jess took 4 months to get to 6/7 oz, sometimes she will have 4oz sometimes 6, sometimes 7 - it is different every feed but she is ok, putting on weight so I try not to worry

I was so stressed about this, but you know they know how much they want, Jess took 4 months to get to 6/7 oz, sometimes she will have 4oz sometimes 6, sometimes 7 - it is different every feed but she is ok, putting on weight so I try not to worry

That's it, I think as long as they put on weight it's ok. Hopefully she will still continue to gain this week. :thumbup:

Harrison didnt start taking more than an oz every 3hours till he was about a month old, then he was still only having 2/3oz at 10 weeks. He is 8months now and the most he has ever drank is a 6oz bottle. Dont worry about it, if the weight gain is fine then LO is getting everything that they need xx

Marielle drank about 3oz every 4 hours! I was really nervous when I has her weighed because I was convinced she had lost weight. But nope, she still was perfectly on the line.
She drank 3 5oz bottles the other day out of the blue and then slept through the night! She did the same yesterday and once again slept through the night.
Today she drank loads again and even had an extra feed!
What a monkey.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back