Anyone else have fibromyalgia?

marie-louise

Reaction score
Hi there girlies,

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has fibromyalgia as I am really struggling with it at the moment, if so how are you feeling? thanks!

hey im gatecrashing from 1st tri but i have fm and found its gotten worse already :( my doctor said thats very common :(:( i would usually have taken tramadol before but obviously cant now.. what are you finding helps? Ithink warm baths are my lifesaver lol xx

hun - i havent but there is adisabled mummys group and i believe there is a lady in tehre who has that ... i will PM her this thread incase she misses it ...

It's M.E I have, not fibro, but my OH has it and I know a bit about it... :)

I get similar pains, and while I was pregnant I also had to come off tramadol. Instead I used: A tens machine (just not on my tummy) warm baths, hot water bottles and wheatie bags, a heat lamp and I also had something u can put in the bath to make it into a spa bath, u can either get a mat or a tube thing... that really helped.

When the pain got really bad I used to take codeine... its one of the "if the benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the baby) scenarios.

Good luck, and come and join us in the disabled mummy's thread :)

Thanks so much for answering me girlies, I was on arcoxia before I got pg and movelat gel also but now I have been relying on warm baths alone. This past couple of weeks though I have been finding it really tough and have decided to go to the docs on monday to see if I can get some time off work as my job has been hectic and I am struggling to cope. I didn't realise that it is common for it to get worse in pregnancy!! I hope you don't mind me asking but have you ladies been able to work? Angel2fire thanks for the invitation to the disabled mummies thread, I'll definitely pop in!!!

Oh i just remembered something else as well... we use something called udder cream. It is what they use on cow udders for mastitis, but is excellent for muscle pains. It souds really weird but it works wonders!
You can only get it from farm supply shops but there are a lot about online :)

Hi there girlies,

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has fibromyalgia as I am really struggling with it at the moment, if so how are you feeling? thanks!

Wow I was surprised to see someone else had Fibro too. I have had it since 2005. I'm not as far along as you are but I can already see this is going to be a hard pregnancy for me. I'm extra tired and having more flare ups than I usually have. I don't usually have much pain but been noticing more lately. And the fatigue has been worse as well. And I think the cramping that all pregnant women get has been much worse for me due to our increased pain sensitivity.

And the drugs I'm on worry me but I can't go off any of them. I take Zoloft for depression, Trazadone to help me sleep and Klonopin to stop the seizure activity I have going on. Its mainly the Klonopin the doctors are worried about but not taking it is much worse for the baby so nothing I can do but pray hard every day. At least I'm on a very low dosage. That has to help some.

hi love,

i have rheumatoid arthritis ( so in the same group of conditions as you). obviously i cannot take tramadol and voltarol now but with both my pregnancies i have struggles and have had a depo-medrone steroid injection which is perfectly safe... don't know if you can have that? it really helps me. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->