Anyone else have many possible EDD?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
So my cycles have ranged from 21-31 days over the last 6/7 months. 6 cycles of 21 days, cycle 7 was 31 days. I wasn't TTC over these cycles.

So if I had a 21 day cycle this time, my EDD would be 5th December. Making me 5 weeks today. My latest EDD could be 12th Dec. Making me 4 weeks pregnant.

My last MP was March 7th and I got my BFP on 31st March, so only 24 days later I got my BFP. Would you say I was 5 weeks preg now or 4?? Confused. I got a pregnant 1-2 on digi.

I would say closer to 4 give or take a couple of days x

They will likely do a dating scan at some point to help figure it out. I got pregnant first cycle off of birth control that I stopped a little early. My due dates range from April 16 (LMP) to April 26th (dating scan) but ever since then, baby has been right on April 19/20 at every scan. Due dates are not an exact science anyway, so it isn't uncommon to have a range instead of a date.

It makes it tough when everyone asks when baby is due and at the end for you to have an end date in mind! But it isn't uncommon.

I would just go off LMP for now, which would be 4 weeks. Then when you get your dating scan you can change it if you want. As you know, it's just an estimate anyways. With daughter, I went off LMP even though all of my scans put me ahead. Didn't really matter in the end as daughter decided to come at 35 weeks anyway :) Congrats!

9 times of out 10 mw will follow 28 day rule regardless of your cycle length until you get dating scan if date is out by certain amount days (everywhere is different on how they do it) they will adjust your dd then.
Ideally its good to know your O date as if you go overdue you could be pressured into induction earlier than its needed.

If you have had 6/7 months at 21 day cycles i would count that as your typical cycle length and calculate it based on that. Chances are high the 31 day cycle was a late cycle for you. To calculate mine i always go based on my average cycle length. I have had a couple cycles that were 32 days but my average is 28 and thats how i calculated and i was on time at the dating scan. Everyone always has a late cycle at some point, but yours looks pretty consistant at 21 days. Right now in any case even if you are regular only a dating scan can tell exactly where baby is as some people implant late.

I have no idea when I O'd. I have a scan on April 24th so should get a rough idea then :)

Yeah by then you will be far enough along to see baby on us.

Congratulations! There's so many of us on Instagram that are now pregnant with our second!

Congratulations! There's so many of us on Instagram that are now pregnant with our second!

I've just realised who you are!! Congratulations!! How exciting! Hope you're well :)

I have longer cycles 32 days, wasn't actually trying but was tracking, countdown to pregnancy put me at November 11th, doctor has put me at the 10th and my app put me at the 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->