anyone else have the baby-gaga/birthwatch app on facebook?

lilwelsh1

3 happy kids+2 angels
Reaction score
i've been avidly reading the site for the pregnancy week by week breakdown, i'm nosey like that and like many others LOVE knowing roughly whats going on in there. (I apologise now because the rst of this may seem OTT or hysterical, get ready to roll your eyes and tut :haha: lol.)

Well i read week 33, 34 & 35 yesterday and to be honest it really frightened the crap out of me. Its been going on about labour, what to expect, pain relief, hopsital births versus homebirths versus birthing centres. Ok thats fine, we all like to be fully informed but it seems the publications biased, it was going on about c-sections, episitomies and ventouse/forceps deliveries as well as inductions either early or when going over due. They gave some pretty grim cons and not many pro's for these things.

It freaked me out! I've had 2 children whom i gave birth to flat on my back (another thing they said would make birth hard) one was an early induction with an episiotomy and the other was a pretty straight forward birth, on both occaisions i was strapped to a ctg monitor to watch babys heart rate - which apparently isnt a beneficial thing either.

Dont get me wrong i'm all for letting nature take its course, listening to your body, using minimal pain relief et etc. Im also all for straight talking advice and being fully informed before making a decision but the info on that site has really knocked my confidence, i feel like i've ''done everything wrong'' im worried now, surely doctors only act in yours n babys best interest? They wouldnt put these procedures in place if the risks were THAT great? I feel very naive again, i just thought i'd go to hospital either to be induced or cuz im in labour and give birth vaginally with as much speed as my 1st 2 children :shrug: now all i can think of is doctors interfering, not having a say on anything, and if i got into trouble and ended up with an emergency c section i'd somehow be putting mine n babys life at risk! Stupid publication! Did anyone else feel the info was biased? Or am i just picking up the negatives and chewing over them too much? :wacko:

i have the baby gaga on my facebook and i think its alright wish they wouldnt use the word birth canal though lol

lmao. Whats wrong with that? Well i suppose we all have terms we prefer not to use.

The app itself is brill, its just clicking the link to read the detail about that particular stage and their adversity to many things lol.

Think im just worrying about labour cuz its getting close :-/

I don't think you can actually give labour in the 'wrong way'! You do it in the way that's best for you and makes you most comfortable right? Exactly why I'm keeping an open mind and am open for suggestions/advice, but won't be making any decision until I'm actually in labour and know what the hell I'm talking about ;).

As for the App, I use the Baby Gaga weekly update just for fun, not always the best descriptions, but I like it ;). I haven't read too much of the week by week breakdown, I'm afraid I'll get to nervous about birth ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->