Anyone else have this?

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
awful blocked nose with yucky stuff coming out every morning??? Woke at 4 am with such Nose and sinus pain and feeling sick had to get up and have a hot drink and biscuit! No one else around me seems to be like this so wandering if it's pregnancy.. Just so congested.

I always come down with a bug after finding out I'm pregnant 😃

I feel like I have a flu coming. I have a cold and sore eyes and stuff nose. Even my throat felt sore just before I found out I was pg. I suppose I only have about a week left until the nausea kicks in going by my last 2 pregnancies!

Thanks.. Can't work out if it's a bug or pregnancy! Felt like a was have to get up and be sick at 4 am this morning.. Think that bit is definitely pregnancy!! X

I also feel really run down and full of cold probably just another wonderful part of pregnancy haha

It's quite common in pregnancy to have a permanent blocked nose! Then with your immune system lowered, you're more likely to get infections with everything so clogged up. With my daughter I was congested for the first 6 months pretty much and had three bouts of full on agonisingly painful sinusitis in that time (once lasting ten days of acute pain and all manner of green yucky stuff). It's so frustrating as you can't take any sinusitis medicine due to pregnancy. My GP wasn't terribly helpful (though obviously she couldn't do much!) and just recommended lots of vit C, saline nose spray and breathing in steam with eucalyptus oil in it (couple of drops) - that did help a bit, but the relief was only ever temporary.

I'm really sorry you're going through this now, it did make me really miserable for a few months, but it did pass and so will yours. Hope it clears soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->