Anyone else having awful all day sickness?

macydarling

Reaction score
Im 6+3 and the nausea and vomiting is terrible. It kicked in at 6wks and I havent been able to keep anything down. Whatever I eat or drink just comes right back up. Ive been up all night dry heaving and puking acid bc there is nothing left. Finally this morning tried to just sip ginger ale...nope immediately back up. I had nausea with my mc preg but only vomited maybe once or twice total. With this preg Im vomiting 5+ times a day. And no relief either still horribly nauseated. Anyone else have this? Is it normal?

I have had terrible day sickness too. The vomiting has subsided to 1-2 times a day, (it was worse a few weeks ago), but the nausea is just as terrible...

If you are vomiting that many times in continuous days, I advise you go to the hospital. You may be seriously dehydrated (which can cause you to vomit more), and you may need to be put on an IV drip. Please go soon!!

I hope it gets better soon xx

Thanks hun. Sorry you have been suffering. Unfortunately I cant go to the hospital as my new ins doesnt kick in til the 11th and cant afford to pay out of pocket for a hospital visit. Ugh. Im so thirsty but it just refuses to stay down.

Can you buy Gatorade (or something equivalent)? Or even hydrating Popsicles/drinks from the chemist? That way when you do vomit, you will have some electrolytes stay in your system and it will stop you from being so dehydrated. Maybe ask the chemist if they can recommend any tablets to help morning sickness.

I can't imagine living in a country where you need insurance to go to the hospital for dehydration, that's just terrible. I have private health insurance in Australia, but I could very easily live without it (I just wouldn't have the luxury of private hospitals/rooms or would have to wait longer for certain services). It just sounds insane to me!! Good luck, rest up, and I hope you feel better soon x

Thank you hun. I know it really is outrageous, just being seen in the er is $1000+ and I cant even imagine how much it would be to actually recieve treatment or stay there for any time.

Ive tried gatorade, popsicles, ginger ale. You name it. I puke it. If I can just make it 4 more days and still sick I will head to the hospital.

I know you said you can't afford to go but if it gets any worse you should. It could be the start of hyperemesis if you're throwing up so often and can't keep anything down. Hope you feel better soon it's horrible x

Thanks mummy. If I could afford to pay out of pocket I would go, its just so terrible. I feel like that sounds dramatic but Ive never been this sick in my life. Didnt know it was possible!

Thanks mummy. If I could afford to pay out of pocket I would go, its just so terrible. I feel like that sounds dramatic but Ive never been this sick in my life. Didnt know it was possible!

You're definitely not being dramatic and don't let anyone make you think that, it's debilitating when you feel so sick and especially the dehydration.
I understand I definitely couldn't afford 1000£ for medical help, hopefully you'll be ok for a few dats before your insurance comes through but definitely been seen, they should give you sickness medication and a drip xx

Im trying to locate a free clinic. My eyelids have become so puffy its hard to see, Im worried its a sign of dehydration.

Hugs hun it's awful isn't it. I suffer badly from it too although this pregnancy isn't as bad as my first 2 (had HG with them and couldn't keep anything down).

I've been on anti-sickness tablets with all my other pregnancies to keep it under control and they enable me to eat small portions and drink fluids although it hasn't stopped me from being sick in this pregnancy. I'm just over 11 weeks and it has finally started to lift a bit.

I hope you can get seen somewhere hun as it does sound like you could be dehydrated x

manydarling I feel for you that is the worst feeling in the world I had hyperemesis with my son it started at week 7 and lasted to week 21. I was given cyclazine tablets to take nausea away but they worked a little but made me so sleepy!
What helped me was fizzy drinks and eating little and often if my stomach got hungry atall I was so sick. Sucking on clove rock or cinnamon sweets also helped ease it a little! I was hospitalised 3 times due to dehydration but luckily we paid for private healthcare and my doctor took very good care of me and put me on best meds. I am currently almost 6 weeks pregnant with second baby and we are not going private this time so I will not get same care but I am hoping and praying I don't feel like that again. So far I have been ok just feeling nauseated when hungry but no vomiting as of yet!

Thank you all so much. I ended up going to a walk in clinic and just paid out of pocket. They said I have hyperemesis...whatever and gave me fluids and anti nausea meds. They def take the edge off and I have been.able to sip water! Thank God.

UGH I'm sorry you're so sick. I am 9w and I get very gaggy and dry heave, but have not vomited (yet). I hope it gets better for you.

id speak to a doctor. could be possible that you have hyperemisis x

I'm glad you saw someone, I was really worried about you!

Thanks so much lala! You are too sweet. Ahhhh this zofran is gold. Pure gold. There is still a little nausea there but NOTHING like it was. Feels soooo good to sip water xx

Thanks Ella. I sure hope this sickness means I have my sticky rainbow!!!

Glad you got seen and are feeling better. Yes I've read that morning sickness is a goo sign baby will stick :) x

They do not prescribe zofran in n Ireland and the meds they do prescribe do nothing to help! Can I buy it anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->