Anyone else having first scan tomorrow?

Leids

Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow! :happydance: They'll also do all of the other first tri fun things like the pap smear and blood work, bleh.

I'm worried but not, it's a weird feeling. My husband is going but I'm not sure if he'll be able to see the scan as my toddler has trouble when I take him to appointments. :( He just sits and cries so dh will be in the waiting room for the most part.

Anyone else with a scan tomorrow? I'm hoping it makes everything more real. :)

I'm having my first scan Friday, very excited! I'm further along than you though, I think I'll be 12+4/5 on the day. I didn't need a dating scan.

My pregnancy's definitely been a bit unreal so far as I'm not really showing and I don't have any symptoms! I remember feeling the same way last time like, "Am I REALLY pregnant?!"

Good luck for the scan, I hope it goes well!

My first one tomorrow! At 12+4. I am excited but nervous at the same time. They do an internal scan aswell which I didn't have before, which can't say i'm looking forward to.
Even though I have heard the heartbeat on the doppler, THIS will make it ACTUALLY real.

natnee internals dont hurt, they shouldnt hurt if they do they are doing it wrong
they put a condom on the rod and lube and slide it up softly

good luck ladies

I have mine on Wednesday, think I will be about 12wk 4days odd maybe 13 weeks not sure but I am very excited :)

My OH is away working and we haven't told anyone else yet so I will be alone but I am quite looking forward to it, less distractions. We are going to go for a private one in a few weeks as OH will be away for the 20 week one too :(

I have mine tomorrow eee I'm so nervous & excited at the same time!
Think I'm gonna be afraid to look in case it's bad news to begin with! Got NT test as well and got to give lots of blood coz they think I'm rhesus negative, last time they only managed to get two vials out of me but this time they need 3 and I've had a cold so good luck to em getting it to come out this time lol

natnee internals dont hurt, they shouldnt hurt if they do they are doing it wrong
they put a condom on the rod and lube and slide it up softly

good luck ladies

i'm not worried about it hurting, I just don't particularly want things like that going up there!

Wafflewaffle i'll be having bloods done too as they do this aswell at the 12 week scan at my hospital, they use this as well as measurements etc done at the scan, to give a result about problems with the baby. Will have to wait a few days to get the results!

My first scan is on friday! Good luck and let us know how it goes! Xx

mine's also tomorrow. I am beyond nervous eeek! Just having the dating scan, as hubby and I discussed it and would prefer not to have the NT scan. Already had booking bloods etc so literally just the scan! It can't come quick enough as I have wished it over the past few weeks, but now it's finally here i'm a wreck haha! x

My first scan is tomorrow at 10+2. Nervous for this. Starting to feel better these days and worries me that something is wrong. My bday is Wednesday so I really hope for a bday gift of a beautiful pic and heartbeat.

Good luck ladies! :hugs: I leave in 30 min, eek!

I think it's usually the norm to have an earlier scan in the US (usually around 8 weeks), then one at 12 weeks, then one around 20 weeks.

Nerves hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. It doesn't help my kiddo was up from 2:30am-5am for no reason this morning. :sleep:

Phew! The appointment went great. :thumbup: I love the midwife that I saw and she was extremely supportive about breastfeeding through pregnancy and natural childbirth. This is the first midwife I've ever encountered and I'm impressed! I've never felt more comfortable.

They weren't sure whether to do an ultrasound or not but because the dating isn't concrete they have me scheduled at 1pm for a scan. 1 1/2 hours from now! :happydance:

Blood work and initial pokes all done though. :coffee:

Glad everything went well Leids, how did the scan go? :) Well...I have mine in 3 hours omg. I can't shake the nerves or the 'bad feeling'. Has everyone else had that? I am a worrier anyway, but im trying so hard to relax or I'll be a wreck when I get to the hospital! x

Glad everything went well Leids, how did the scan go? :) Well...I have mine in 3 hours omg. I can't shake the nerves or the 'bad feeling'. Has everyone else had that? I am a worrier anyway, but im trying so hard to relax or I'll be a wreck when I get to the hospital! x

I am with you Shopaholic! Mine is at 330 today and I have to wait ALL day! I am so nervous for the first scan. I just want to know that there really IS something in there (and I am not just getting fat, lol). Just want a great picture and a heartbeat today! GOOD LUCK!

Leids, howd it go!??

Glad everything went ok Waffle :) Had mine and everything is great with me too! I am 10+4 so little further behind than I thought, which makes baba due in May but I am just so relieved everything is there and ok haha! Good luck Gaves.....not long to go! x

Attachments

• scan photo.jpg
    scan photo.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
Everything went great! :) Baby was measured at 8+1 yesterday so about 4 days ahead! There's only one in there too. :)

Glad ur scans went well ladies! Mines on friday and then my 12 weeks one will be on 6 november :D ill let u know how it goes! Excited and nervous at the same time!! Xxx

It is a GREAT morning after yesterday!! Got the fab picture that’s attached. 5/11 is confirmed as the due date and spot on for size at 10 weeks 2 days. We didn’t get to hear a heartbeat but we could certainly see the heart pounding away and during the scan she was able to calculate 172 beats per minute! It was shocking to me that only at 10 weeks, you can see what you see!!! Little arms and legs are visible!! It was funny when she was trying to check the beats, man was he squirming and wiggling around! Creepy that it’s all happening in there but yet so small that you feel nothing.

:happydance:

Attachments

• photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member