Anyone else having hip pains?

stucky

Reaction score
For about a week now, my hip & butt bones (sorry TMI) have really really been sore. My older sister says it's ligaments and my pelvis preparing itself for birth. Does anyone else hurt like this? It's preventing me from doing a lot of stuff.. Anything I can do to ease the pain? Exercises or something?

I'm not having it yet, but had it awful bad when I was pg with my son. My doctor said getting a maternity band and wearing it around my hips could help, and also to just avoid being on my feet for long periods of time, and to sit and relax whenever it started hurting. The relaxing thing helped, so I never did try the maternity band. Tylenol also seemed to help a little bit.

I had the same horrible affliction the entire pregnancy with my daughter. But seriously right after I delivered, it disappeared as quickly as it came. Feel better hun! :hugs:

I had it but only for the first few weeks, maybe at 4-6 weeks? Don't worry it's normal, but yes it makes it hard to do things!

I've had it since 8 weeks on my right side. The bit where my pelvis meets my spine is a bit painful and it's clicking and feels like there's pressure on it.

I mentioned this to my midwife. She says that it might be my ligaments becoming lose already and advised me to go to physio. Apparently there is quite a long waiting list around here so she advised me to call as soon as possible.

I'd mention it to your midwife and see if you can get a referral. I've been to physiotherapy for a prolapsed disc in the past and it really helped.

I still am getting this and actually right at this moment. I have mentioned it to my doctor and they say its normal and to take Tylenol if I need to.

Yes i've had this pain for the last few weeks, feels like a very mild period pain. I've read somewhere that it's normal

Yes I get this in my hips, butt and especially lower back, it's just everything getting ready to change.

Try to do some light exercise on a regular basis, which will also help with the labour in the long run.

I try to walk for 20mins to half an hour everyday, nothing too strenuous.

Although the aches and pains can be really uncomfortable at least we know our bodies are preparing for our babies growing hey? :thumbup: x

Try to do some light exercise on a regular basis, which will also help with the labour in the long run.

I try to walk for 20mins to half an hour everyday, nothing too strenuous.
That reminds me! My doc said that exercise will help, too, and he recommended doing it in a swim pool, because the slight 'weightless' effect is supposed to help loads. I was big as a boat and scared of swimsuits, so I didn't try that, either, but I intend to this time around!!

I've had hip pain for years (due to an injury) and have to see the chiropractor weekly to keep it in check... and it actually rarely hurts me anymore- especially after I saw an acupuncturist... yay! lol. But I don't want to take any chances it may get worse being pregnant... so I still see my chiro once a week and get an hour massage before hand... they know I'm pregnant and as I grow they will take care in how they adjust me.

You might check into chiropractic care? Or even an occasional massage could do wonders. I honestly cannot imagine how wrecked I would be without it! LOL.

I also kept up my work out routine and stretch often :)

Me too! By the end of work (I stand all day at my job) my tailbone hurts something fierce! My whole pelvic bone region is not my friend atm.

I'm going to be talking to my midwife about it at my next appt. She'll prolly tell me to exercise or something.

Im glad somebody posted about this becuase Im having the same issue, and it really gets to me at night when Im trying to sleep. It feels like a slight pulling inside my hips, like their stretching or something. I have been taking tylenol which helps a little, and also warm baths seem to help too. Other than that, a heating pad works wonders (just dont place it near your belly or use it for long periods of time) its also nice for lower back pain. I love feeling like my body is preparing for the baby! I might have to try one of those maternity bands.

Good Luck!

I've been getting pain in my right hip at night for the past few nights but so far it's fine during the day x

Thanks everyone.. I'm glad I'm not the only one hurting! I'm super excited that the baby is growing and all, but jeez.. I have already been blessed with child bearing hips. Haha.

By the time I got myself into bed last night, I could hardly get up to go to the restroom. I think I overdid some of my house work. I coach softball (which means that this year I get to keep the books instead of being "hands on") and 3 times a week, I am walking around for about 2 hours a day on top of all my house work and chasing a 3 year old. I'm just so happy that my MS is getting better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->