Anyone else heard anything about a +Hpt indicating Cancer?

carlywarly

Reaction score
Sooo...I am TTC (using a donor) which means we get 1 shot a month using the AI method. Now I got AF a couple weeks ago but took a Hpt for fun 2 days ago and today. Both were very faintly positive! I know I can't be pregnant as our donor was out of the country this cycle so we didn't get to try.

I have Googled some stuff and found a site that states a positive hpt can indicate cancer....now I am stressing out a bit. If this is true, how do I bring this up to my GP and how could they narrow down to specific cancers?

Attachments

• hpt jun 14.jpg
    hpt jun 14.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P6121509.jpg
    P6121509.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 11
Use a different test, like a First Response. The internet cheapies are CRAP! I was convinced last time we tried I was pregnant because I kept getting faint positives on those. Nope, not pregnant. Not sure about the +HPT indicating cancer, though.

I heard that be true for men, never heard it to be true for women. The pictures kind of look like evaps though, maybe a bad batch of tests. I would definitely try a first response and not worry about the cancer aspect.

Was it a normal AF a few weeks ago? Never heard anything about a positive HPT indicating cancer....:shrug:

Only heard about it in regards to men. I would try a different brand of test or do a control on those tests using water.

Thanks all, couldn't get my hands on a frer today but used ASDA twin pack. 1st test this aft deffo no line but the second few hours later had a very faint line once again. Oh I dunno, just gonna get bloods/tests done. Thanks for responses.

The site does say cancer in both men and women. Also someone mentioned that a tv programme called the little couple (or something like that) had the woman in it found out she had cancer due to +hpt. I am sure it's nothing like that right? I'll get tests anyway :)

interesting, let us know the outcome!

if your last AF was lighter, shorter, less crampy maybe you are pregnant from last cycle when you had AI?

Thanks all, couldn't get my hands on a frer today but used ASDA twin pack. 1st test this aft deffo no line but the second few hours later had a very faint line once again. Oh I dunno, just gonna get bloods/tests done. Thanks for responses.

The site does say cancer in both men and women. Also someone mentioned that a tv programme called the little couple (or something like that) had the woman in it found out she had cancer due to +hpt. I am sure it's nothing like that right? I'll get tests anyway :)

Yes, please get your blood tested. And speaking of the Little Couple, Jen on the show was getting her blood checked regularly during and after her chemo treatments for the presence of hcg, because cancer produces hcg. They were making sure the level was staying down after her chemo.

I hope you are okay!

Awh thanks guys will definitely let you know. AF wasn't lighter...was very crampy so deffo not pregnant hun.

I would recommend against those tests in particular. I used them last year and nearly all of them had evaps that I always initially thought were positives. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Hope you're alright. x

I would recommend against those tests in particular. I used them last year and nearly all of them had evaps that I always initially thought were positives. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Hope you're alright. x

Thanks hun. I have had light bfp's on 4 brands in the last month though. 2 types of Internet cheapies, FRER and the Asda ones. Since the other day they have all been bfn's though - it's just very confusing :/ I am going tomorrow for bloods doing. Will see what's what (hopefully it's all just coincidence and I'm being a mega hypochondriac) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->