Anyone else heard of ticc tocc?

SianMA

Mum to Ryan TTC#2
Reaction score
I've started researching as I'm planning another home birth and came across this, anyone had success in getting their midwives to agree to optimal cord clamping? I did mention it with my son but think his cord was cut quite quickly anyway.

https://www.drgreene.com/ticc-tocc/

When I had my first baby I specifically stated that I wanted the cord to stop pulsing before it was cut. The midwives were fine with it and duly waited for it to stop first.

Good to know that there's hope, it seems like such a simple sensible hint to do so ill put it in the birth plan properly this time!

I've not heard of this campaign specifically, but I think this looks like a great initiative. It's actually considered a 'best practice' now and the RCM has been pretty outspoken about all babies having optimal cord clamping (instead of early) assuming all else is healthy. So it's great to see someone trying to spread the word. I love TED talks too.

We left the cord intact for just over an hour (then had to clamp and cut it because I unfortunately needed the injection for the placenta). It was in my birth plan, but my midwives seemed to consider it pretty normal practice. No one even mentioned doing otherwise at any of my appts when I discussed my birth plan or at my birth. Granted, I had a home birth, so I think there is more expectation of that anyway, but no one was ever in a hurry to cut it and I'm really glad we waited. Besides all the benefits to my daughter, it was just nice to have everyone stay hands off for the first hour and give us our time together.

Thanks, I've told my midwife I want a home birth and she seemed really positive so hopefully will be as switched on as yours was.

Congratulations on your lovely home birth!

I'm telling the midwives I'm planning on a lotus birth, even though it'll be partial lotus since I want to encapsulate. No clamping at all here, although I do have some cord ties, should I want them.

with my youngest then the cord was white and drained by the time we cut it, i think i had delivered the placenta by then too lol no Mw's around so the job went to the paramedic, they were happy to go with what i wanted so long as i didnt hemmorage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->