Anyone else in agony suffer with effects of episiotmy and bad back after birth?

Celine35

Lucy, aged 4 and 39wks
Reaction score
:happydance: Heh everyone, finally had little Toby on friday morning but was just wondering if anyone suffered really badly with not being able to get about due to episiotemy and a bad back after child birth, I think I'm actually less mobile now than when I was full term. Don't get me wrong he is more than worth it :happydance: but am in sooo much pain :cry:

oh hunni :hug::hug::hug:

i had a bit of uncomfort after mine but i wouldnt say pain, had to sit down slowly etc.. if i sat to quickly over the first week or so i got a very sharp stingy pain, but wasnt constant, dont recall any back ache so if i did it cabt of been bad. I hope your feeling yourself soon, but if your in pain then maybe get your local modwife to check you over just incase of infections etc, but its only been a few days so it may just settle itself xxxx

yes!!! and i h8 to say it but i still get discomfort getting out of bed now....i was in AGONY!! my stitches came out and i was left with a gaping hole not good man!! but i feel for ya i no how horrid it is xxx

Thanks girlies - going to get checked over tomorrow and make appt with doc re. back as well. The joys of childbirth!!!! Even though this is my second, i think my DH and myself are surprised as because the birth wasn't as bad as last time i thought i'd be springing right back into action but nope.

:hug:

Celine

I was REALLY bad after I had Harry.

I had a 2nd degree tear and a MASSIVE bruise on my bum (for some reason!) The midwives said it was caused by the pushing stage! It was the size of my whole hand, was completely black and was so painful I couldn't stand (or sit) and had to just lie down and not move for it not to hurt. I was on painkillers for a fortnight, and it finally went after a month.

The 2nd degree tear didn't cause me too much pain - it was just uncomfortable and would sting when I went to the toilet which I think is quite common.

As for back ache - I didn't have any immediately after the birth, but certainly have it now! I've also now got incredibly bad ankles and my pelvis is painful too. I had SPD whilst pregnant which has gone, but is aggrevated by my long walks with the pram each day. I'm putting the back and ankle pain down to going from doing nothing whilst pregnant, to now lugging Harry around and being really busy and mobile.

Hope you feel better soon.

Here's my story...

I'm normally around 100 lbs and at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter I weighed 160 lbs. I was 40 weeks 3 days when I went into labour with my daughter. It took me 2 hours of pushing + an episiotomy & tear (3rd degree) to deliver my 9 lbs 9.5 oz & 23 inches tall baby girl.

I remember the nurse recommending to lay on my side to help the swelling down below and for about 2 months, I could barely walk. So this time around, I'm not going to lay on my side...

10 days after I had her, DF noticed that some of my stitches had fallen out. He drove me to the ER and the doc just said it was normal and gave me antibiotics. DF wasn't convinced so he brought me to our local doc for a 2nd opinion and I indeed did have an infection and she gave me another kind of antibiotic and told me it would take twice as long to heal.

Well 7 months later I was FINALLY healed!!! As for the chronic back pain, I decided to start seeing a chiropractor around 9 months after I had my daughter. I went for about 4 months and it didn't help.

So the only thing that cured my back problem was to sleep with a pillow between my legs and my back has felt better ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->