Anyone else in for a looong Christmas Eve?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kitten, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

We have teething and a growth spurt here and if last night and this morning is anything to go by then he's just going to continue biting my nipples and not show any interest in feeding or sleeping until it catches up with him and he starts screaming hysterically :thumbup: Lol.

So I'm thinking Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are just going to blur into one horrible painful haze but hey, that's what kids are for :haha: I was going to have a beer to chill me out a bit as I'm quite wired from sleep dep. but LO has had a bit of Calpol and I don't want to risk mixing it (even though he threw all the Calpol back up).

Anyone else having baby troubles and sure they're in for a long night? I'm going to take a nice collection of dvds up to bed with me and maybe a stash of choccies too as I was starving through the night last night. On the plus side he's impressing OH by trying to talk. He's trying to teach him "dada" and at the moment we have "gla ga glee ga ga ga gla glee" but OH is cooing and fussing all over him so at least there's a joyous side for one of us.

2. CountingDown

CountingDown Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to be as Olivia has been in a fussy mood all day and she decided that she was too excited about Santa and has refused to sleep all day. It has taken me 90 mintues but she has finally nodded off so I am now running a hot bath and am going to enjoy some crap tv.

Hope you manage to get him settled soon xx

3. Kitten

Enjoy your bath :D

4. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

yup!

luisa has a bad cough so didnt sleep last night :( so think tonight will be the same

5. Kitten

He fed for an hour and fell asleep on me at 9.30pm... scared to move now!!

6. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

We will be through the night, Brookes top teeth are cutting through so during the night she's awful, but as soon as daytime comes she's absolutley fine :lol:

7. pip holder

pip holder Well-Known Member

^^^^ glad he's had a proper feed now eh :hugs:

My LO is getting to grips with 'grandbloodyma' who he hasn't seen for a month so isn't comfy with her yet, and he is still ill and grisly and just wants to lie feeding with me but no, lets jiggle him round upsetting him even more and make out like mummy is an idiot for wanting to settle you down. .:growlmad: :growlmad:

I need a large gin :cry: :cry:

8. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

I've had the loooooonest evening of my life, at OH's cousins for dinner, no one wanted to let Halen sleep, they've all spelt his name wrong on his card n pressies, they all called him "Aaayylen" all night and kept asking to hold him whilst their far too drunk :dohh: he was so tired but ohhhhh nooo can't let him sleep!!

9. Loverman

Loverman Proud Daddy to Leo-6.4.11

im in for a long lonley evening as OH dont finish till 7:30 tomorow

10. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

me :(

emily's teething and has one nasty ass cold
    and she wakes up because she cant breathe
    through her nose properly ... so we get half
    hour naps instead of sleeping though :cry:
    poor buggers been badly teething since she
    was 2 months old ... but do her teeth wanna
    break through ... NOOOOOOOOO :growlmad:

:hugs: xx​

11. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Aisling's just been up crying for 40 minutes after it taking me 90 minutes to settle her earlier. I just want to go to bed! :sleep:

12. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Halen was awake from 3am-6.30am. I'm bloody shattered :cry:

13. Kitten

How are you now JayleighAnn?

Theakston slept in the end until 6.30am but he must have woken at some point because I found him in my bed at 3am so I must have brought him in sometime? Scary times but all is well.

Managed to completely overstimulate him today and now he's dead to the world. Sleep was my best xmas prezzie :D