• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else love thier midwife??

well its nice to see so many positive comments, especially as i read quite a few negative ones earlier! i have a lovely md but im losing her as she goes back to the hosptial now so i dont know who im having but i meet her soon, its not ideal , as you have one you gel with then there is a change i know they dont do it deliberatley! but it would be nice to have some continuity especially as its my first, i do think if you're not happy with your md then look to change you need to feel supported, what i liked about mine was the aspect that it was so informal and there was a lot of laughing and joking im not one of these who like the pc formal thing it gets on my nerves you need to have a laugh at times!:thumbup:

I don't know because i've barely seen her. I had one very quick appointment to fill out some forms and get some folic acid. But when should i hear from her? How often do you see the midwife throughout? I really want it to be a nice, personal experience.

You will see your midwife at booking in apt (around 7/8 weeks) at 16/18 weeks and then 25 weeks.. from then on I think its slightly more often if its your first baby x

I love my midwife!
She is knowledgeable and never rushes me out of my appointments. If I have questions she is always thorough in her answers and never makes me feel like I'm asking a dumb question.
She also never seems to pressure me on anything and even told me that keeping track of my weight is optional if I felt uncomfortable with her weighing me
She's also a very calming presence to be around...hard to explain but I think she's going to be just wonderful in the delivery room to keep me on track

My midwife has been lovely, especially as i had an awful 21 week loss in may this year. She is so supportive and is happy to see me as often as i would like . So im seeing her every week at the moment which really reassures me.x

Mine is abit of a dope (sorry but she is, she wasn't concerned i had GD at all and wouldn't send me for a test until 16 weeks) but the one at the hospital was fantastic! I hope she is my birthing one :D

My midwife is ok, she does what she's meant to do in routine check ups. Unfortunately she seems unable to make conversation, put my mind at ease about any worries I have and can't take blood without making my arm black with bruising! She just doesn't seem bothered :(

I love my midwife but then i am lucky she is one of my closest friends!

Over the course of this pregnancy I have been to see at least 6 different sonographers/technicians/doctors (never sure what qualifications they have as they never introduce themselves that way), been to see two different midwives in the UK, a midwife in New Zealand and an emergency obstetric doctor along with a midwife in New Zealand. Without fail, every single one of them has been delightful! Their manner of dealing with patients has been very varied, but they have all been kind, polite and respectful. I couldn't have been happier. We're travelling in NZ (from London) and have been since 12 weeks pg. Having had such pleasant experiences and been to see such nice health care professionals makes it much easier for me to seek out help when I need it.

x

Thanks ladies. I'm coming up to 8 wks tomorrow. I might chase her up! I really don't want to be a number on her list.

I've had a different one each time I've been too, I didn't realise some people have the same one, i just figured it worked the same as a doctor's surgery where you get whoever is available at the time lol.

Also they never answer the phone and never call me back...I called them sobbing twice now, once after a punch in the stomach (from one of my kids) and once with really bad pains and no-one returned my calls :( got an appt tomorrow, wonder if it'll be another new one lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"