anyone else made this decision?

siobhankerry

Mummy to 1 - Expecting #2
Reaction score
hi ladies :)
so had my 12 week scan on monday & found out baby peanut is due on December 26th EEEEKKKKK! anyway baby measuring fine & all looked good with little bubs ..

so after the scan i met with my consultant who i had with my DD & he was asking how i was, how DD was all the usual chit chat, but then he asked if i would be wanting a planned c-section or if i wanted to be left to my own devices & see if i labour on my own (i had an emergency Section with my DD due to distress & failing to progress, so thats why he asked about the c-section) anyway .. he said that if i choose to let nature take its course then i would only get to 40 weeks & if i hadnt went into labour i would end up with the c-section anyway, as they wouldnt induce me with the gel or Tablets ,but if they could they would only break my waters soo if nothing happend (progress wise) then i would be taken to theatre anyway .. yeah sorry i realise im kinda repeating myself a little haha .. but i keep getting upset because i really wanna try & labour & deliver on my own, but i really dont want to go through that *personal* feeling of failure again if i get the section either way :( i know its all about baby getting here safely, but i just wanna do it on my own & have this horrible gut feeling that it just isnt gonna happen .. PLus does this mean that if i go for the planned section, i will have to have subsequent sections afer this one & never have the option of labouring again? because of the increased risk of scar rupture & other reasons
(im assuming there will be other reasons why they would encourage subsequent sections) ... sooooo anyone else been through this & wanna shed some light on this for me please ??

Happy Pregnancy Ladies <3 x

Aww, I do understand having been through labour that it feels like something of an achievement but honestly, it's not the be all and end all. My sis in law has had to have two sections due to having to deliver early due to high blood pressure. I had a horrible delivery and now I think 'next time round maybe I can just have a c-section'. I know that doesn't really help you at all, but just managing to grow the baby and carry it round for nine months is a massive achievement - don't be too upset if you don't get your vbac, just know that the doctors want what is best for you and your baby in the long run xx

Im in the same boat as you. I failed to progress with DD and after a 43 hour labour I ended up with an EMCS. It was very traumatic and im starting to worry about this one already. Im seeing my consultant on Friday for the first time so will find out what my options are. Part of me thinks just go for ELCS and be done with it then I know where I stand and can be prepared for it but part of me thinks VBAC but then get scared that it will end in EMCS again which I don't want. Need to find out what they will do if I was to fail to progress again. I have a feeling they have a low threshold for the next intervention if you've had a previous section as they don't mess around with uterine rupture so don't leave you labouring for hours on end like they did with DD. My sister had an EMCS with her first and went on to have 2 fantastic VBACs so it can be done.

Goodness me you don't have to decide yet! You have got lots of time & more appointments to discuss your options. Have a read around yourself, do your own research, question everything & then make the best, informed choice for yourself :) They can't 'do' anything to you without your consent so have a think & do whatever you think is best for you & baby!

My friend had a planned section after a horrendous 3 rd degree tear with her first. She said it was great, so stress free having a planned date - DEC 20th for her - so home for Christmas and could organise child care / family staying etc. she said it was the best decision ever made!

2 sections might limit natural labour after so guess that depends of how many kids you thought you'd have.

thanks everyone for ur replies, I do know I have some time to make my decision but to me it is a big decision because it can change everything.. I know the advantages & disadvantages of the section vs Natural, it's trying to get my head fund the idea that making it through a full labour & delivery might never be an option for me again .. Would like to know of anyone has had 2 sections (one after the other) & then decided to have a VBAC that has been sucsessful

Anyway thanks girl, ail have to hve a chat with my midwife whn I see her next month!

Good luck everyone xo

Sorry for any typos, on my phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"