Anyone else not using middle names for baby?

Emx

Mum/Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
We have had our name chosen right from the beginning - even before we knew we were having a girl...

Have decided not to go for any middle names, I dont have one and think it would detract from her first name... People seem to think its odd that I dont want to give her any other names though?!

We aren't using a middle name either, i like just Ruby on its own xx

Ruby is a gorgeous name - and one I considered... OH is red headed though so I dont want to risk having a baby with red hair called Ruby - if you know what I mean!! Its such a strong name too, I dont think it needs a middle name to go with it x

I want a middle name but OH doesn't. He doesn't have one and thinks they're silly. I like them and think they're a good way of preserving family names. If we have a girl I want her to have my middle name, which was my great grandmother's middle name and his Mum's middle name. We're generally struggling with boys' names fullstop. He says seeing as it's so hard to find one name, two's impossible. I have to concede it's a good point.

In my family we have always used middle names, and in my opinion, a middle name can help distinguish between one individual and another. I went to school with two girls called Emma Robinson, and we used to refer to them by their initials, because one of them had the middle name Louise, so it was ER and ELR. Even the teachers did it, because they were in the same class as one another.

But my husband doesn't have a middle name, and he wasn't too bothered about choosing one. I won him over though, because I like so many names and I had to be able to have a middle name for my baby. It's a personal choice though; there's nothing wrong with not wanting one. But it may also come in handy if when your child is older they don't like their given name and want to go by another name.

I have two middle names and OH has none.

I would like LO to have a middle name but OH is not sure.

That being said we have not even decided on a first name yet! If we go for my favorite first name I would be happy to compromise and leave the middle name.

We shall see ;)

DH has a middle name and I don't. His family have a tradition of using the fathers name as a middle name for a boy, so we've agreed if we have a boy it will have his name as a middle name (even though we've not decided on the first name yet!) and if we have a girl I get to make the decision on if she has a middle name, and if so what it will be.

I'm unsure what I'll do if we have a girl at the moment... the only thing I'm certain off is that I won't give her my name as a middle name as it doesn't sound right with any of the first names we have on our shortlist!!

We're going to have a middle name for our little girl but that is because the name I liked and the name hubby liked worked very well together - so we're both happy. If we'd been having a boy he wouldn't have had a middle name as hubby doesn't have a middle name and the men in my family all have 2 middle names - some kind of tradition and they hate it. It causes so much trouble/hassle on important documents,

Nope!!!

OH has *three* surnames because his parents didn't marry and double-barreled it (even though his dad's was already double-barreled), so 4 names all together is enough! We aren't married either and there's no way I'd tack my own surname onto that, plus a middle name! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->