Anyone else off food?

nic_B

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, anyone else lost interest in food? I'm really struggling with it as usually I am a total 'foodie' and absolutely love cooking and eating but for the past few weeks I just can't get interested and when we sit down to eat I manage a few mouthfuls before I feel too sick to eat any more. The best I can do at the moment is a couple of slices of toast which I'm sure can't be good for the baby in terms of nutritional value. The worst thing is - even without eating properly, I've still had to go up a size in work trousers.....

Hey am exactly the same. Not ate in 3weeks so miss my takeaways lol. The things I find ok now is cup of soup and slice of bread. Tangerines, and actimel yogurts smell off food makes me sick :-(

I know what you mean about smells - everything, not just food is getting to me - even poor hubby comes near me sometimes and I am like 'oooh, sorry, you smell funny!"

my shower gel this morning made me want to vomit! And i also have problems with plain yoghurt, it does smell off and i put it in my mouth and it tastes really bad!

Yes I'm having trouble eating, but I'm finding that when I do eat all I want to eat is rubbish! I'm really off meat at the minute and I just can't eat fruit so I'm a bit worried that I'm just wanting unhealthy food!

Heather x

im the same im worse at tea time i just cant cook anymore xxxx

I think its just pregnancy hormones. Im living on really plain food just now. Toast, plain crisps, i managed chicken the other day but its mostly boring carbohydrates. I hate it and i love eating, but i just cant face it. I cant tolerate sweet things at all. The thought makes me heave! My hubby made me macaroni cheese last night which i had with ketchup. I was starving but really didnt want it, ate it anyway and paid the price half hour later! Made my sickness come back two fold!! I feel ok just now so i have braved it and bought some chicken slices for tea which il have roasties with. What an unhealthy diet!!

I really hope it will change in a few weeks time....hurry up 12 weeks please! x

Same here. Food make me sick and dont want to eat but worried about the baby though. I'll see my midwife this thurs! x

I've been like this for awhile during this pregnancy. I normally have a huge appetite and crave things all the time but this pregnancy nothing really seems appealing. This is so odd for me since I'm incredibly food motivated. I've been lucky in that my MS hasn't been intolerable but I find I have to eat snacks constantly to keep my nausea in check. It's hard though since nothing really sounds yummy. It's a very odd feeling. Yet despite that and the fact that I don't crave sugar anymore I've definitely gained weight and my middle is VERY jiggly.

Right around 6 weeks I completly lost my appetite. I would go all day on just a few crackers, anything else would make me queasy just to think about. All in all I have lost 6 pounds since finding out I was pregnant. I will be 10 weeks on Wednesday and it is finally subsiding a little, however I still don't eat the way I once did. I can't wait until I can eat a whole plate of food again.

I wish, i want to eat everything! im going to end up the size of a house, really trying to resist today but my stomach keeps rumbling really loudly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"