Anyone else overdue and completely fed up?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by natz123, Apr 4, 2011.

1. natz123

natz123 Well-Known Member

So I was due on Saturday and i never realised how upsetting it would be to get to my due date with nothing. Then it made it worse that yesterday was mothers day and I had so wanted to have my baby for mothers day.
    I have tried practically every natural method going to get baby out but no luck.
    For over a week I have been having twinges etc at night and often go to bed wondering if it's the start of something. I had what I thought was a clear out on Thursday and spent the whole day having painful BH's but again nothing happened.
    Baby was fully engaged on Friday but I have had no signs that labour is anywhere near :-(.
    I am getting so fed up and upset and just feeling drained, I feel like I can't go on with this torture for any longer.

Is anyone else finding it so hard mentally being overdue? Xx

2. shimmy

shimmy mummy , daddy and baby

I am getting really down, like really down. I just want to hold my baby . Hugs for you xxx

3. parkgirl

parkgirl Mom to Iris

It is very frustrating. I at first thought I would go early due to amount of contractions and such at 37-38 weeks. Now there is nothing. Just mild cramps every once in a while. I started my maternity leave last week, thinking she would arrive. Now I'm waisting time that I could spend with her and if I go another week, I'll only have 4 weeks home to recover and spend with the baby before returning to work.

4. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Im not due til friday but feel your pain!
    I was in full blown labour at this point in my last pregnancy so feeling more than deflated!

& I don't know how much more of this back pain I can take =[

5. natz123

natz123 Well-Known Member

**hugs** to us all... I was also so sure I was going to be early, no idea why I just had a gut instinct since the start :-(. I have a sweep on Friday then I won't be induced until the following Thursday seems so far away!!!
    Fingers crossed none of us will be waiting too much longer xxx

6. cosmotbear

cosmotbear Expecting number 2 :-)

I felt a bit like this on my due date and just after. Weirdly I feel better now, am just resigned to the fact that the baby will come when it's ready and if not I've probably only got about a week left anyway before I get induced. Just try and rest and enjoy yourself. I had two massive blubbing sessions on Fri and Sat and felt much better after! x

7. tas1

tas1 Mummy of 2 Beautiful Boys

I'm not due yet but i am very fed up as I have really bad SPD which ends up making me cry and one MW said they would induce me early but my consultant said no as it's not a medical condition! I just want to be pain free now and be able to move and play with my son go for a walk etc!
    I was 5 days over due with my son so I know how upsetting it is and I've been praying not to go over but know I prob will which will be worse this time x