Anyone else paranoid about going into labour prematurely?

Noonoo1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I think I may be going nuts.

Recently, my friend went into labour at 28 weeks (baby thankfully okay). Today, I was reading about how Patsy Palmer's waters broke at 30 weeks and they made her cross her legs until week 34 because baby was too underdeveoped!

I am now 28 weeks and absolutely petrified about going into premature labour - both me and my sis were early too. Weeks ago, I had it in my head that if I could get to week 28 I would be out of the most dangerous zone but after reading about Patsy Palmer, I am now worrying even more.

Am I the only one?! :wacko:

Nah youre not the only one lol.

I didnt worry about it untill recently. Im 28 weeks too and in the past week Ive had 2 bleeds... one including something that looks kinda what a plug is described as. And then I heard on some tv show that bleeding means the baby wants out.
So now Im shitting bricks about him coming too early lol. He needs to bake a little bit more!

Just try not to worry about it too much hun or you might stress yourself out and end up in prem labour because of that!

thank you. I have everything crossed you're not about to drop and that baby keeps on cooking.

I thought there would be less to worry about in this trimester but it just seems I m destined to be worry for the rest of my life - and the baby isn't even here yet!

Haha Ive worried more than ever in this trimester!
I guess our little ones are just preparing us for parenthood! Its a mothers job to worry :p

Honestly if it's just stories you hear of others, don't waste your pregnancy worrying about it. It's all I've done this pregnancy, i had a 27weeker, and it's took the innocence right out of any further pregnancy.

If you haven't a reason to have a preemie or you haven't had a preemie, then enjoy your pregnancy as best as you can.

no, you arent the only one. I have had three close friends go early in the past year. One at 34 weeks (baby spent 2 weeks in NICU), the next at 27 weeks (mom and baby STILL in hospital) and the most recent had her baby at 36 weeks and was released two days later.

Its amazing what a few more weeks of cooking baby will do for the child's development. I dont want to go super early not only for the health of myself and my baby, but because I cant afford to take that much time off work either. If he comes at 39 weeks or anytime after that, I will get to spend almost 5 months with him. If he comes early, He will have to go to daycare for two or three weeks at the end of may, beginning of June:(

I am the same but my last baby was 5 weeks early and i am on high risk with a c sect provisionally booked for 36 weeks atm, as bubs is not growing as well as he should(they said that about my last baby and at 5 weeks early he was 9lb 6oz) so hoping this one is the same.
Plus I keep feeling my cervix open and shutting have spoken to mw and consultant about it and its common in mums who have had babies before but if it lasts longer than a min i am to go straight to hosp,nice so I am worrying all the more..
When i was first pregnant was looking forward to reaching v day then heard about lilly allen who mc at 6 months now my goal is get to 30 weeks, hopefully we are all panicking about nothing, i keep telling myself that all mums worry about theor babies and, that I am just worrying more due to having miscarried twice before this baby x

I have been at risk for premature labours with both pregnancies due to a number of conditions. Having reached 35 weeks now though I feel like I can relax a bit more - while DD would be prem if she arrived now it gets less serious with each passing week and I suspect now that this little one will stay in til induction at 38 weeks, but yes in the weeks from the start of third trimester til about 34 weeks I have been very worried about it.

Patsy Palmer had PPROM - where your membranes prematurely rupture (that is what Kym marsh had too) and there are often causes for it, the biggest one being infection - I know cause I had it at 20.6 weeks in my last pregnancy and lost my son due to complications from it. I was one of the cases where they found no reason for it. With PPROM you normally go into labour within 24 - 48 hours - but you can go for weeks I went 6 1/2 weeks after PPROM to birth.

If a baby is born AFTER 27 weeks with no complications before it has a 90% chance of survival, every day after 27 weeks you are pregnant increases the chances of the baby surviving.

Having a premature baby is very rare, and at your gestation you are really in a good place. We can't stop prem labour in some cases but by being vigilent and telling your midwife of any symptoms (suspected waters leaking, change in discharge to green which could mean infection etc..) you can minimize your chances.

I know there is nothing I could have done to stop my PPROM or prem labour - its just a fact of life. I worried like anything this time - but I am now 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with no signs of labour!.

I've been having a lot of problems with this pregnancy, granted. But my doctor told me if I can just keep her inside til 30 weeks, we're gonna let her come out if she wants to come out.

At 28 weeks, survival rate is OVER 90%... Yes I know, the less than 10% doesn't make your "shit bricks" any smaller, but just think! Your baby's lungs can breathe air now (with help yes).

I really pray I make it to full term (and all you as well), but comfort yourself with the thought that IF it can't be helped and baby decides it's time, you'll just get to hold your baby that much sooner!!!! *hugs*

I had PROM probably caused by group b strep and my son was born at 34 weeks exactly. He was 4lbs 14 1/2oz and was in NICU for 10 days. He's happy and healthy now though :)

I totally understand your worry, but it's highly unlikely that it will happen.

Try to forget about it :hugs:

Nope im not worried, im hoping it happens for me although at about 37-38 weeks.

My son was born by c-section at 39+5 after being told at 28 weeks i wouldnt make it to 30 weeks. I think he would have been late if i had gone into labour

I thought the same thing while pregnant with DD, that labor would be early. I was induced at 40+2 and she was born by C Section at 40+3. And that was after 2 weeks of early/pro dromal labor and contractions. I've been having contractions off and on for a week now, but never more than 1-2 per hour and I drink extra water when I get them to be sure it's not dehydration either. Normally when we think they'll be early the little bubs are late.

I have been worrying about it for awhile too mainly because I have lots of things happening this time that did not happen until late last time, I am assured its because its my 2nd baby. 6-7 hours of BH contractions per day since 28 weeks, I have lots of cervix pain and pressure for weeks too and never got that until 39 weeks last time.

I am sure we are all worrying for nothing, it just seems natural.

I'd be happy to get him coming naturally about now! Soooooo tired of being pregnant, I've been getting very bad pelvic and hip pain and just dying to have my baby on the outside! Obviously I'm far enough along now that he will be ok coming out but I get what you are saying.

I'd be happy to get him coming naturally about now! Soooooo tired of being pregnant, I've been getting very bad pelvic and hip pain and just dying to have my baby on the outside! Obviously I'm far enough along now that he will be ok coming out but I get what you are saying.

No, you are wrong.

My son was born at 34 weeks. How insulting!

All this SPD in the world couldnt make me wish for another preemie :nope: :dohh:

No, you are wrong.

What is she wrong about?? She said her baby would be fine at 34 weeks...

No, you are wrong.

What is she wrong about?? She said her baby would be fine at 34 weeks...

What makes anyone think their baby would be 'fine' at 34 weeks? It's premature? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->