Anyone else paranoid?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I got my bfp on Wednesday at 10 dpo and took another hpt yesterday and it had gotten darker. Then today I randomly just took my temp and it was very low.. Should I be concerned about this???

Congrats on your pregnancy, please try to relax and don't temp anymore, it wont give you any more useful information, I have read about quite some women temping after bfp and getting a bit lower temp and starting to worry. If you are really concerned why not ask for a bloodtest?

I wouldn't worry hun. A temp dip can be perfectly normal at this stage some women get a drop in temp when baby implants myself included. I'd suggest to keep on testing and not take your temp anymore. I stopped a few days after getting my bfp. x

Thanks ladies.. I have only one more hpt left and I'm waiting to take it since I just took one yesterday and they have been getting darker. I'm thinking about calling my dr tomorrow about getting betas done. I don't know what made me even take my temp, curiosity I suppose, but now I've been freaking out all day:(

Hi :wave: yup I'm paranoid too! Hugs xx

I was a little paranoid the first time around, but not at all this time. It's really best to not over-monitor things. If you do, you're just setting yourself up for worry.

I get paranoid too...about every little thing. My boobs aren't sore one day and I worry. I don't feel any nausea one day and I worry. I feel less fatigued and I worry. It's like every little thing makes me worry. But I just keep reminding myself that if something was really wrong, I'd probably know it. And I worried like this in the 1st trimester with my son, and he was perfectly healthy. I journaled that pregnancy. And when I worry, I sometimes go back to my journal and I see that I had the exact same fears in a perfectly healthy, normal pregnancy.

Paranoid here too..and fighting it!

We have been TTC for a very long time, and our chances were so slim of conceiving on our own it seems too good to be true. I know the statistics of how many pregnancies turn into MC's and other horrifying things, and I'm a nurse so I over analyze it all...but I'm trying to just be happy for now. We got our BFP today, still in total shock, I'm 17dpo and didn't have any drugs or treatments, none since Feb. so I'm hopeful that since we conceived on our own that this will be a strong normal pregnancy...here's to a H&H 9mo for all of us!

I am definitely paranoid.. I am having to take my own advice I have given to other friends and "stop peeing on shit".

No more temping for you mcw :flow:
I temped the other other day and it was low,
I didn't temp after that, and I enjoyed not having the bbt in my mouth as soon as I woke up :)
I am paranoid at times, but I think, I am doing the right things, I am healthy, and there should be a baby in there :)

I am paranoid at times, but I think, I am doing the right things, I am healthy, and there should be a baby in there :)

I had to laugh at that sharnw! You have a good point!

The hardest thing for me is that we've tried for so long and were told our chances were so very little on our own and barely better with assistance that I'm just shocked and feel like it's too good to be true. Guess I'll feel this way until I see a scan.

But you know, I am healthy (for the most part), I do what I'm supposed to and we deserve this!!! So here's to H&H 9mo to all of us!

Thanks ladies!! But now I just took my last hpt and it seems to be lighter or the same as the one I took Saturday pm and I expected it to be much darker as it was fmu and I am now 15dpo. I'm hoping these wondfos are just horrible at showing progression!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 4
Pregnancy turns me in to a psycho!

But I have reason to worry. I've had 2 previous MMC's and my body has shown it doesn't recognise when a bean stops growing. I also don't suffer bleeding/cramping as a sign of things going wrong so I'm a mess until I get that good scan with a heartbeat and all.

After that I chill out (a little) but pregnancy is not good for my blood pressure (ironic as I have high blood pressure to begin with! Ha)

:flow:

Bloody nora, i just want to go to sleep till my scan Thursday, I'm feeling really negative today, feel like baby's definitely not ok, and it must be mother's intuition or something. Feeling sick with fear, i just want to cry. God, first tri is SO hard.

OP, you can NOT trust wondfo HPTs to show you proper progression.
I had a lot left so kept using them and always gave myself a heart attack when one would come back A LOT lighter than the previous day.
The quality of those tests vary so dang much that if you try to get progression it's going to scare the bajeebus out of you.

Lisa, thank you for attempting to calm my nerves! I just need to stop all together but it's so hard!:( I thought about picking up some frers, but I'm scared to even take another test! I'm going I call the doc today and see about getting bloods done

Mcwhmm - So happy to see you here :) CONGRATS!! I agree with the others - STOP temping! My temp went low the day I got my BFP and I freaked out....I put the thermometer away after that! Just relax and enjoy as stressing can not and will not change anything except for the way you feel emotionally....push the bad thoughts aside and enjoy your rainbow pregnancy :)

Tmb- great to see you here too!! Thanks for your words! Everything is easier said than done:(

I am paranoid too but i've never temped, my weak point was taking tests to check on progression. However after getting my 3+ on a cb digi at 5+2 i've taken no more tests, actually made sure i dont have any in the house. Hide that thermometer and H&H 9 months! x

I've got an appointment scheduled for August 26th which was the earliest I could get in. I think I can calm down for the next two weeks! I hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->