Anyone else permanantly congested? grr!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by tootsy1987, Dec 16, 2009.

1. tootsy1987

tootsy1987 Abbi and Alfie - My World

i permanantly sound like im coming down with cold!! i wake up in the morning all bunged up and have to blow blow blow my nose then 2 mins later its full again, mainly only on the left nostril / sinus side! yuk!! its soo congested that its blocking my ear and i get terrible pressure in it like it needs to pop! its been like this weeks now but hasnt turned into a cold or anything, started when i started getting terrible nose bleeds.. they have calmed down and left me with this rubbish.. its all bloody though when i blow (sorry if tmi!) just wondered if anyone else had it as i remember in first tri people said congestion or cold like symptoms are preg side effects? on a night i can sometimes feel really crap like im coming down with a cold but then in the morning im just really congested.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

LMAO you really shud have just come to me LOL
    i have same problem, like a constant head cold you cant shake off??

Can have a few days or a week of releif
    then the sniffles start , then stuffy nose and once nose starts
    My ears go mental
    Think mine is trigged by my ears
    and get the dizziness and all to accompany it.. NOT nice..

the Nose bleeds ARE linked to the sinus hun iv the same at the mo

I do have the same, some nights i do be that bonged up i feel
    nauseas then cus does be that bad and in morning i be that congested i cant catch my breath...

i was told its all linked to my inner ears, and i get vertigo too when my ears start to annoy me. soooo not nice... never was like this pre-pregnancy.. well never as often used to only happen me when the weather changed considerably now its the entire pregnancy so far xx

3. tootsy1987

OMG are you my long lost twin or something!!!!!!??????

ahhhhhh hahahahaha its like talking to myself... thats exactly how i feel! and i get dizzy when my ears start playing up... its horrible when you sniff and your ear blocks too, like when your on a aeroplane and it needs to pop! haha i have found my long lost sister here hahahaha xxxxx

4. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

yea hun thats it..... i was been treated for vertigo pre pregnancy
    due to the ears and dizziness, you prob av tha too.. and the hormones jus add to everythin.. OMG the ear thing is sooo annoying tho :growlmad:
    i feel like ripping them off when they start at that crap ...i put up with headcahe or anythin but when my ears start to do that i crack up :shock:

I deffo think we must be lost twins LOL

my throat and nose started feeling lil stuffy tonight
    was runny all day.... I think weather makes it worse too doll
    i find that when its cold out and am out init the runny nose and eyes start
    and then when get home and comfie , any sorta heat or heating on makes me all congested then , and it kicks off xxx

5. tootsy1987

Yeah thats exactly same with me... starts in the cold then makes it worse when you get into the warmth.. then i start feeling like im getting a sore throat but it normally turns out to be heartburn burning my throat and it settles down, espesh as i ate 3 big oranges before :blush: haha :lol: serves me right then!! but vitamin C and all that!! haha

hope your feeling less congested in the morning sweetie :D xxxxx

6. suzanne108

suzanne108 Well-Known Member

I have this too!!

Had it all the way through pregnancy really on and off....I hate it! x

7. Winehouse

Winehouse Mum of 1st Princess

I went to the dr about this as I had it from very early on and was struggling to sleep as my nose was always blocked and my sinuses killed...she prescribed me a nasal spray and although I have literally been living on it, it has really done the trick! x

8. twiggy56

twiggy56 Mummy expecting #2

Iv had a horrible cold lately and really wanted to get rid of it non-medicinally....

so my OH went into Boots for me and spoke to the pharmacist and she gave him a natural isotonic nasal spray... its pretty much salt water but MY GOD it works a bloody treat!! Its totally safe and has no chemicals in it but it cleans your head out and feels really good for a stuff nose/head.

Maybe try this...?

9. mummyjax

mummyjax Well-Known Member

I am so glad you posted this, I had no idea it was related to pregancy, I just thought I had something permanently hanging about me. It's just my head, constant stuff running down my throat, blocked nose and I can hardly hear out of one ear.

10. IvyBaby

IvyBaby Well-Known Member

I have the same problem now :dohh: and especially at night get totally congested and can't breath properly. I have used the saline spray before, but you can also make saltwater at home and wash your nose with a neti pot. I use about one teaspoon sea salt on a cup of warm water in am and pm and it has helped me so much since I started doing it (instead of neti pot which i left back home I am using a similar plastic thing that came with our iron lol).
    You can find instructions on how to use neti pot on internet, may not be pleasant for the first time, but relief that it brings is worth it :).

Another important thing is that it helps to prevent sinusitis. I was down with it for months last year and never ever want to go there again...

11. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

i get it on and off, no way near as bad as yourself.

but i feel bunged up and then get a burning sensation at the top of my nose, then i have a pulsing in my ear like my heartbeat. i've been bunged up for the past week and the pulsing started yesterday afternoon and is still there now but that burning at the top of my nose has stopped!

weird pregnancy tricks our bodys like to play lol

12. tootsy1987

ooo im soo pleased to see im not the only one haha!! thanks for the spray suggestion i shall deffo be looking into that!! its horrible when u try and sleep cause the pressure of baby on lungs and a blocked nose dont go together lol = panick!! xxx

13. sophxx

sophxx Well-Known Member

I hve it to majnly at night! I use those breath right strips! I don't wake up with a blocked nose any more! Might be worth a try! X