Anyone else pregnant with their 4th?

We have our 4th (and last) baby on the way. We originally settled on 2 because DS2 has severe ADHD but DS3 happened unexpectedly (we weren't trying) and after months of denial, got used to the idea. But there almost a 10 year gap between DS1 and DS3 then a 6.5 year age gap between DS2 and DS3. I was adamant I was having my tubes tied after DS3 until a friend opened her mouth and pointed out the age gaps. My mother is the youngest of 4 with the largest gap being 13 years, smallest being 7 and I remember her saying she often felt alone as the eldest had moved out and started her own family and that her 2 older brothers didn't want their baby sister dragging behind them and their friends. Hubby was an only child for his mother - he has siblings but his father is in a different relationship so he didn't grow up particularly close with them. We sat down and talked and decided we don't want DS3 to feel alone as he grows up so decided that #4 was it. But there were conditions too - if I wasn't pregnant by the time he was 9 months old, I wasn't doing it because I'm 33 this year and feel I am too old to have anymore babies. So we have a 17 month age gap. I don't think it's going to be any more difficult than it was having 21 months between the first 2 especially now they are older and more independent and like to help out with the baby but we will see how time plays out.

Congratulations!!! The reasoning seems great! :) I think it's great you thought about all of that and I do think it will help you that your older kids will be older. We have talked about having one more but in a few years so this was a surprise :) A good one.. But not sure I'm really feeling ready yet. I guess there is time for that though.

We announced by posting our ultrasound photo and simply put that we were due in December (this is on facebook). I waited longer and I'm not sure why, I guess fear. We told close family and friends but kept more extended family out for a bit. Ive actually not received any down right rude or negative comments thus far aside from "you've got your hands full" or sometimes at work people make jokes about how my house may be as we have so many kids. But none of that is enough to bother me. My house is a technically a madhouse about 70% of the time but I love it! (Usually)

We just announced we were having a baby girl, and that was well received too. :shrug: This is actually my 6th pregnancy so I possibly could have had more than 4 children. All my kids are blessings and let someone talk crazy to me! I don't ask anyone for anything so I don't need opinions. I work a full time job as well, and it's my life. We have it all figured out and if something arises we'll handle it. I don't need any negative around me. And if I can't handle it in a calm manner then I'll just walk away. They aren't really worth it. (within reason of course. It's rough with close family)

I am currently expecting our fourth and final baby. This baby was an accident that happened on New Years of all times lol. It was a good surprise though because we had wanted a fourth eventually and weren't really using protection since after my third was born, but we weren't expecting it to happen this quickly. I too have a history of MC so I was surprised and excited that this bean stuck, although it was nerve wracking in the beginning, as I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

I was so afraid to announce this time that I waited until I was about 14 weeks, which is late for me, as usually I'm announcing as soon as the pee dries on the stick lol. However after losing several babies, I'm a bit cautious now. Also because it was so close to our third, who is only 11 months old tomorrow, and I was afraid of the negative comments I would get. I ended up announcing by changing my profile picture to show my growing belly - I was pretty large for 14 weeks and I'm now measuring 34 weeks at 30 weeks - and everyone got it right away. I didn't even have to write anything. After three other babies, they are probably used to it by now :haha:

Hi!! I'm
Preggie for 3rd time with # 4. Hoping just # 4...not #4 & #5 😂😂😂

My daughter is 5.5yrs and my twin boys will be 4 in few days

Super excited, told a few people, only ones not seeming excited or happy st all are hubby's parents but they are joy kills on lots of stuff lol

Me, though it's our 8th pregnancy, we haven't announced on social media, only close family and friends know, not because its our 4th, because of our losses,though I have a rather large bump which I'm struggling to hide it now x

I love the announcement ideas so far! Simple yet do the trick :)

I am so so sorry to you ladies who have gone through losses and multiple losses. It's so heartbreaking and I know how difficult it is to be pregnant after going through that. I'm happy to hear everyone is doing really well though and your little ones are growing well!!

Today.. Nausea has kicked in with force. Bleh.

Congratulations!!! The reasoning seems great! :) I think it's great you thought about all of that and I do think it will help you that your older kids will be older. We have talked about having one more but in a few years so this was a surprise :) A good one.. But not sure I'm really feeling ready yet. I guess there is time for that though.

I've mixed it all in with part time work, full time study and various other things for the 2 eldest. It's going to be hard emotionally and financially for a bit but it means I can enjoy a career and not take time out for anymore babies. A surprise baby is a shock to take in and takes time regardless of it being a happy moment or not - believe me I was not happy with my DS3 surprise. Announce when you are ready. :) Enjoy your surprise and your secret for now. <3

Hello Everyone!

I am expecting my 4th also. I am 4 weeks now.Just found out today when I took the pregnancy test. I knew something wasn't right since I am 4 days late. This one is a surprise. I have 14 & 9 year old daughters and a son who is 2 which he is about to turn 3 August 17 and my 9 year old daughter will be 10 on August 17!! So far my due date is March 28. This will me and dh last baby! I think 4 is quite enough!!:happydance: Congrats to all you wonderful ladies!

I've mixed it all in with part time work, full time study and various other things for the 2 eldest. It's going to be hard emotionally and financially for a bit but it means I can enjoy a career and not take time out for anymore babies. A surprise baby is a shock to take in and takes time regardless of it being a happy moment or not - believe me I was not happy with my DS3 surprise. Announce when you are ready. :) Enjoy your surprise and your secret for now. <3

Wow that's amazing! You are so busy!! I can definitely see the reasoning though and I think it's really great you are going after a career of your own!

Thank you for understanding. I hate the feeling of not wanting this I get at times. I know that I will love this baby as the others but it's taking longer than I thought to process for me. My dh is already so excited.. But he told a few of his Co workers who are SO excited for him and it's really helped. I don't have any friends like that and my parents and sisters are such negative people I absolutely dread telling them :/

Hello Everyone!

I am expecting my 4th also. I am 4 weeks now.Just found out today when I took the pregnancy test. I knew something wasn't right since I am 4 days late. This one is a surprise. I have 14 & 9 year old daughters and a son who is 2 which he is about to turn 3 August 17 and my 9 year old daughter will be 10 on August 17!! So far my due date is March 28. This will me and dh last baby! I think 4 is quite enough!!:happydance: Congrats to all you wonderful ladies!

Congrats!!!! What a lovely surprise for you all! :)

Wow that's amazing! You are so busy!! I can definitely see the reasoning though and I think it's really great you are going after a career of your own!

Thank you for understanding. I hate the feeling of not wanting this I get at times. I know that I will love this baby as the others but it's taking longer than I thought to process for me. My dh is already so excited.. But he told a few of his Co workers who are SO excited for him and it's really helped. I don't have any friends like that and my parents and sisters are such negative people I absolutely dread telling them :/

Lol. Thank you. Not sure if it's stupidity, madness or the fact I need to be busy. :haha: But I am my own worst ememy. :dohh:

No worries. I understand how the emotional rollercoaster on something you weren't trying for feels. Hubby got excited even though he didn't want another - I didn't but I started shopping anyhow because I need to be in control. Damn Scorpio. I broke down when my mother rung and I told her. I honestly thought I was going to be lectured. But she was really good as was my 2 sisters, partner and close friend. It was the emotions that didn't want me announcing but that was taken from me by a so called friend who decided to tell the world something I hadn't confirmed. So I was exposed to the world in such a vulnerable state and I was in no way ready at all. It's a terrible feeling to have everyone see you like that. Do it when it's right for you. This is something you need to feel good about first and if it takes you a week or half your pregnancy to come around to the idea, you need to do that first. Negative reactions will make dealing with an unplanned pregnancy harder than it needs to be and after my experience, I would NEVER wish that on anyone. <3

Me I am pregnant with number 4. I have a 5 3 and 18 month old and this one was not expected at all!!! But after a few days of shock we couldnt be happier. Our eldest is sssoooo excited but is dying for a little sister as I have 3 boys and he said he has had enough of having little brothers lol bless. I am not bothered either way as long as baby is healthy :)
I am due I think March 26 I ovulated on cd10 I was tracking to not fall pregnant lol and don't usually ovulate until cd14-16 so I knew we were most likely going to fall pregnant as we had dts 2 days before I o'd we have told close family and a few close friends.
I have been great this pregnancy and hoping it lasts!! I had bleeding with all 3 previous until 17 weeks with 1st 24 weeks with 2nd and the whole pregnancy with 3rd which turned out to be a placental abrupt ion and I also suffered terribly with hg BUT I have not had a single bit of nausea no vomiting or bleeding yet either so I am feeling great! I truely hope it lasts!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->