Anyone else scared of giving birth ?

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
I am now a day overdue and I don't feel like anything is about to happen soon, but I am starting to get really scared about the pain of labour and the birth.

I keep reading posts how people can't wait to go into labour where as im dreading it. Im not good with pain at the best of times !

Anyone else feel like this ?!

:hugs: everyone gets feelings of scaredness and nervousness no matter how much they say they dont! Even for a few minutes they do! And so do those who have experienced labour before! I am sure you will do great tho!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am not so great with pain at all...but i will say thank god for the epidural LOL no pain at all during childbirth for me...it was great..i actually enjoyed it..

I have waves of panic but the optimist in me tells me that I will handle it well when (if!) I ever go in to labour.
I think i am more worried about needing to be induced as I plan to have baby at my local MLU I have to go naturally.
So yep, bring on the pain!!

I get panicked sometimes and this is number 3 so I kinda have an idea whats coming, thing is the more relaxed you can try and set your mind frame to the easier time hopefully you will have, its scarey but if you really have mega hang ups about it with todays modern medicine you can just have an epi and go to sleep! as soon as you are holding your new bubba in your arms you totally forget honestly, nature has a good way of ensuring that xxx

:hugs: everyone gets feelings of scaredness and nervousness no matter how much they say they dont! Even for a few minutes they do! And so do those who have experienced labour before! I am sure you will do great tho!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

so true...I have given birth before and I am still scared to death of doing it again. I want her to stay in lol

It is scary the build up to it but its an amazing experience and its all totally worth it. I would love to do it all again and I definately will
xx

I'm 29 years old, and I still don't understand how the HELL a baby fits out that small hole!!!!!!!!! Well, I do, but I just can't get it! hahaha......

I'm a little nervous, but it's more because I have a bleeding disorder. Also, cuz I still have a low lying placenta, and don't want a c-section. I think I'm gonna start standing on my head!

mama2b, you'll be fine. I'm sure it's perfectly normal to dread labour!

xx

Im excited for things to start happening, like plug or waters but not about the pain. As soon as i reckon im 3+cms im off the that hospital for some serious drugs!!!

Personally I'm terrified!! Beyond words actually....but I try to just block it and pretend it's not going to happen! lol. Maybe not the most mature attitude...but it works!
You're not alone...but remember whatever the labour is like, it will end...it won't go on forever...:hugs:

Im very scared too, and I keep hearing how the more you fear it the more painfull it will be etc..you are supposed to be calm and relaxed (yeah right!)
Here is an article someone posted a while back that helps me remind me to be calm.
https://www.empoweredforbirth.com/quick_facts_about_birth.htm

I just really hope baby comes now before sweep or induction, id rather just go into labour than know what date it might start happening !

This is my 2nd and although I have been through one labour before it still scares me as no two labours are ever the same. I try not to think about it at this stage to be honest and keep thinking well it got in, it has to come out!

I am going to do what I done the last time that when my waters partially broke I had a slight panic and then thought calm down it has to come out whether I freak out or not and am just going to deal with each bit at a time and just think of eventually meeting my baby and hoping that he/she is OK xx

Everyone worries about it (I would think in their own way) but just try to stay calm once it happens and enjoy as much as possible as this is not the kind of thing you go through every other day!

Good luck everybody xx

Petrified of it.. but also longing for it to be over... i wanna have my baby now and ive probably still got a month left.

Babe i am scared too :hugs: I think OH is even worry i wont deal with the pain we are having bubba at an MLU like lyndsey and i am a little scared i will need more than gas and air and pethadine, they will transport me in ambulance to big hosp if needs be, i am going to try as natural as poss, i have had dentist treatment throughout my pregnancy and some people have said thats even worse than labour.... so i figure if i can handle that treatment then i will be ok in labour hahaha xxx

We are strong women, and just remember if you are in pain throughout dont feel bad to take the drugs you need thats what they are there for hun xx

awww :hugs: i really think its the unknown that is the worst about labour. But in my experience it was amazing, and when u look back im sure you will love it :) good luck, can wait to hear when youve had little one xxx

i have har two and im a complete wuss but managed on just G&A

Im on my 4th and Im terrified too hun:rofl:

As 2nd time mum said though, its gonna happen no matter what, so take it one step at a time and try and stay calm...Good advice 2nd time mum!

I just want it all over now.....but would rather go natural than be induced either next week or week after, but hey as long as he comes out healthy the pain will be so worth it. x

This is my second baby but i still feel afraid of whats coming because its really true that you forget afterwards so i'm not sure what to expect if that makes any sense at all. I know it hurts but i can't remember what it feels like. I was really petrified from getting my positive test till about a week ago but now i'm just so fed up of being pregnant that i just want him out and i don't care what i have to go through to do it (that might change one i start contracting lol) xx

Aww hun, you will be fine. Im really looking forward to mine but I know Im having a section at 38 weeks, I think if I had to go vaginal I would be the same, Im just really scared of the recovery not the section its self. Hope it all goes well, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->