Anyone else sleeping like crap???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by 1st time mom, Oct 7, 2008.

1. 1st time mom

1st time mom Well-Known Member

For the last couple of weeks I can't seem to get a decent nights sleep... I always seem to wake up between 3:00 and 3:30 and I'm wide awake and don't seem to get back to sleep until after 4:00, which really sucks because my alarm goes off at 5:00!!! I don't know why I'm having trouble sleeping, I can get comfortable just fine, it just seems to be something that happens every night and it's getting really frustrating... I know I'm not going to be sleeping very much come four months from now, so I'd really like to be able to enjoy my sleep while I can... Is it just me, or is anyone else having this problem too?

2. traceydixon78

traceydixon78 Well-Known Member

Yep - every second night or so, I wake up at about 11, and am wide awake until about 3. I've started getting up and being productive.

3. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I slept through the night.

4. kitty1987

kitty1987 Mum of 1

lol been having this problem for weeks and weeks. woke up at 4am this morning and havent really gone back to sleep since, just lay there trying! its gna be a great day at work

5. Logiebear

Logiebear Mum to 4 darlings

I go to bed really early for me around 9pm then I'm awake about 5 times and usually around 3am I am awake for ages, about an hour. Then my youngest gets me up at about 5am so I know how you feel. And it's EVERY night too :sleep:

6. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I have a terrible time sleeping but I've just ordered a dreamgenii maternity pillow so hopefully that'll help! I do advise you not to get up. I know it's frustrating but your body is still getting rest if you lie still in the dark, even if you're not actually asleep.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

Me ! Its stupid o clock when I woke up! put it this way it was still dark and I went to bed at 1.30 and was awake in pain a few hours later with back and feeling all stroppy like some kid that cant sleep. GRR!

8. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

Yup I am on and off throughout the night mostly due to my bladder. I too wake up around 3 - 3.30 and cannot get back to sleep for at least an hour some nights. It sucks but I see it as getting me used to nightly feeds :)

9. aurora32

aurora32 Mum to my Angels

same here for the past god knows how many weeks im seeing almost every hour then when alarm goes off i could sleep for Great Britain then, typical, the things we go through lol

:hug:

10. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

yep im waking up all through the night!

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

Where never going to sleep again! BAAAAAA!

12. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I ordered a maternity pillow last night. I'm desperate for a good night's sleep. :(

13. enigma

enigma mum of 3 nearly 4.

Ive not had a good solid night sleep for months, ive sort of got used to it now.

14. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Im not sleeping well either i wake up atleast once a night then its difficult to get comfy again and takes me ages to get to sleep again. Doesnt help that LO wakes up when i do and starts kicking me!

15. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

To be honest i sleep really well!!

16. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

I was sobbing at 1am this morning!:cry: I've got a stinking cold and still woke up and couldn't get sleep!!! :hissy:

Luckily I've been off work sick today and Charlie's still gone to nursery, so I've been back bed for 2 hours this afternoon.

17. Sweetpea7830

Sweetpea7830 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The maternity pillow helps but honestly, I toss and turn most of the night...and I wake up a lot to use the bathroom or because my stomach is growling. I have gained so much in the past 4 weeks because I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!

18. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

whats a dreamgenii maternity pillow?
    my preg pillow from mothercare has gone funny in the middle and all the stuffing is separating too
    its a load of crap lol

19. izzy29

izzy29 Well-Known Member

same here, waking at either 3 or 5 for at least an hour, then fall asleep and cant get up when my alarm goes off at 7!

20. Beltane

Beltane Mother of 3 Boys!

*raises hand*