Anyone else spending the next 9 months on the dreaded clexane?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
ive jsut come back from GP who has px’d my clexane! I’ve certainly missed injecting myself for a year (NOT) ha!

I have antiphospholipid syndrome, a blood clotting disorder that means I’m of high risk of MC, still birth and premature baby so this injection keeps my blood thin.

My last baby was a preemie due to this!

Anyone else with me on the pincushion journey?

Me too. I do it in my legs. There a mess. I have lupus xx

I’m going back on them again. I have to do two a day (so much fun) as I had a DVT at 38 weeks in a previous pregnancy. I’m surprised I need to have them in first trimester tho, but apparently I do.

I’ve got tinzaparin this time. Still stings like mad lol xx

I just got my BFP on Wednesday and my doctor put me back on the injections straight away. Twice a day, *sigh*
Enoxaparin here in the States, but I think that's the same thing as Clexane?

I didn't find out I had antiphospholipid syndrome until my 2nd trimester with my son... I had switched doctors due to my current doctor not being concerned over a placental bleed. The doctor I switched to read my history (infertility, miscarriages) and did immediate testing. I'm so glad he figured it all out.

At any rate, I'm with you! It's worth it for healthy pregnancies & babies, but it's such a pain to deal with.

I have been told that I have to have the injections if I was ever to get pregnant again., due to having Lupus Sle. Is it daily injections or weekly?

I have been told that I have to have the injections if I was ever to get pregnant again., due to having Lupus Sle. Is it daily injections or weekly?
I have lupus too xxx

Sammie, did you develop it after pregnancy? What triggered it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->