Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
Ok, I know we won’t have the grotto for a while yet, and it’s ages off, and everything else that’s going on in the world; But I just really want to start getting organized. Anyone else?

I'm starting to think about planning for Christmas, not started yet though x

I’m so excited this year. My daughter has asked for a couple of expensive lol things so need to keep an eye out if they’re available at a good price!

have you made any plans yet bevziibubble?

No plans as yet. I have no idea what we will be doing this year or where we're going. Hopefully everything will have calmed down with the virus by then!

I booked our santa weekend 6 months ago, not sure if we'll be able to go though, depends what's happening by December. Not anywhere gift wise, one of the girls is hoping for expensive stuff, the others haven't even begun to think about it yet.

I just refuse to accept the the naughty virus could ruin Christmas. I’m not having it!! That said, in 9 years as a registered nurse I’ve only worked Christmas twice so I have a feeling it may be my year this year so it may not matter either way. All the more reason to get planning though.

Fingers crossed you don't have to work over Christmas!

Omg yayy thank you for this thread !!

So meeee !!

I’ve been collecting mason jars to make a few decorations with the girls and DS. I’ve got a list of potential presents for the girls - things they have commented that they would like!

Roll on September , starting earlier this year as DS will be having around the same amount the girls yet !

There’s alrady been a few places cancelling their grotto for this year . I hope not as it was be the last year DD1 believes although we may squeeze next year too because she fully believes still ! Why do they have to grow up !!

Oo just remembered we have the “proper” elves coming this year we have 2 girls and 1 boy ! DD1 wrote a letter to Santa on Xmas eve asking for them ! So excited to use hem ! I love Xmas !! Covid 19 best not ruin it !!!

I was just thinking about our Santa visit the other day and wondering what effect Covid would have on that. We were thinking of going to centreparcs this year but don’t want to commit all that money for it just to be cancelled.

It looks like your eldest girl is a similar age to mine babybump, what sort of things is she mentioning? Mine really wants the lol winter disco chalet. I really want to get it for her but it’s just so expensive and I generally don’t find the lol toys worth the money. She also wants the orbeez foot spa

I just refuse to accept the the naughty virus could ruin Christmas. I’m not having it!! That said, in 9 years as a registered nurse I’ve only worked Christmas twice so I have a feeling it may be my year this year so it may not matter either way. All the more reason to get planning though.

Like you I refuse to let the naughty virus spoil things for us, all the things we would usually do at home will be fine it just our weekend away with grotto visit that may not happen sadly - like some others this was the last one that I think Ds (10) will believe, and his friend was coming with us this year for the first time, they were very excited.

I was a nurse (in a previous life) and always took the Christmas day shifts to let anyone with a family have at least the morning at home. I hope it works out for you.

I really hope we get it under control before Xmas . Couldn’t bear it if it was ruined as we love Xmas and being with the family it’s very special to us! As many other families too !

DD1 is 7 1/2 now. Oh god she loves the LOL things too! They are so expensive for what they are ! I don’t really like buying them either ! She’s still into dolls/barbies , she’s recently been collecting the plush Disney princess dolls . So has asked for them. She loves make up / nail varnish etc. I like the look of the foot spa , that’s going on her list now too! She loves Minecraft too so will be getting a few bits of that!

DD2 is desperate for the big barbie dream house . I really can’t justify spending that much on one present ! Been looking at alternatives!

CrZy talking about christmas in July ! Haha

Hey! I have a few bits already, and a few more bits in my amazon wishlists. I have my new note pad for my Christmas plans, I have to have a fresh note pad for Christmas :haha:

I love a good list, and there's nothing better than a fresh pad to write it in. I do a card list, family gifts list, then each boy has a page for presents and a page for stockings, and at the back I do a food and drink list, sectioned off in to snacks, Christmas eve buffet, Christmas morning breakfast, christmas dinner (including desserts) drinks, and a cheese/pate list :haha: :haha:
It makes me so happy :haha:

I love a good list - and any excuse for a pretty note book!
I've not started yet but have had a look at my gift spending spread sheets from the past couple of years - never thought I'd be a spread sheet person but it's so much easier keeping track of how much has been spent on each person and what they got so that I don't re-buy anything.

With lockdown and everything I've found it hard holding back. I've already got all ds4 birthday presents for October. Ds2 birthday is before his!

Oh wow super organised mother !

I love a good list too! Especially for my children!

I tend to use a secret note pad on my phone because I’d leave a hand held note pad laying around and the girls would look for sure !

I’ve already got a few ideas for family too. We have really cut back over the last few years . We were buying for nearly everyone and their children ! Myself and my siblings just buy the children in the family now and we concentrate more on birthdays for the adults !

There's only 1 niece my side, and DH nieces and nephews are all grown up now, 1 even has a son of her own. We usually do BIL, SIL, the niece with a son as she buys for us.
I always put my note pad in the same place on a shelve where no one would take any notice at all of it.

I think I'm doing movie buckets for family this year. Was going to do them for the boys and then thought why not do them for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->