Anyone else starting to think about Christmas?

I don't trust our garage since ds4 car seat came out of it moldy. It had only been in there a couple of months. We have the loft but getting up there would be noisy and the hatch is right in front of the bedroom of the 2 that still believe in Santa.

I had the autumn winter studio book through this morning, can't remember if there's a separate dedicated christmas one or if this is the one I'm supposed to get excited about haha

I literally said to DH today we need to clear some hiding space ! God knows where especially with 3 sets of presents to hide !

My home Bargains has started to get Xmas stuff in this week ! So excited !

Those wooden toys are great ! They will last her ages!

I had the autumn winter studio book through this morning, can't remember if there's a separate dedicated christmas one or if this is the one I'm supposed to get excited about haha
Get excited about both haha of another one should arrive bonus

I need to clear out the big cupboard, we seem to have accumulated a lot of clutter in there!

I think this is it, first page was christmas trees haha
I ordered a couple of rolls of wrapping paper. I nees to check what I have still, can't remember if it was last year or the year before I used up everything I had from previous years, but the print was just too nice to miss out on and they were low stock. One had dinosaurs in christmas hats, another had pigs wrapped in knitted blankets.... it was pigs in blankets!!! So excited for paper the kids are just going to tear up :haha:

I just ordered one of these

They do a general disney one and a frozen one too.

I've started browsing for MILs gift as she's one of the few not getting a movie bucket. She loves anything art deco and 1920s, and i found a vintage comb in a case and got so excited. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but for vintage I was willing to over look it. Then saw it qas from America and they wanted over £30 postage! I wasn't paying that.
But this is a perfect example of how much I love buying for people. I dont even LIKE MIL!! but I still get so excited to shop for her and find something she will love rather than just getting a token gift.

Oh wow, I've never seen an amazon link show like that before haha!

I've never done more than the chocolate calenders but at 50p a book I couldn't say no. Even if the stories turn out to be a bit pants the kids will still enjoy a new story and the counting down

Hi all

Such a busy week. Both girls back to school and we decorated both their bedrooms....all done now and looks lovely and fresh.

I have done all the girls birthday presents now (for both birthdays next week) so can start to think about Christmas but to be honest I can't even get a basic list together. I have no idea what to get them and don't want to just buy random for the sake of it.
For their birthdays my mum got them the Barbie dreamhouse, it's massive. I've had to re arrange the whole house to fit it in (only fits into DD1 bedroom) they have the camper,ambulance,boat....so no more Barbie! They also love designer friends from Argos but have that from me for their birthdays....I'm clueless!
Been looking at winter clothes online, want to get them some nice jumpers/hoodys/leggings.

With Christmas, our local market, fair and light switch on has all been cancelled...wonder how much of the usual stuff we will be able to do (grottos, shop decorations/music. The run up is usually the most exciting part so I'll be sad if it's not the same :-(

I hope your girls have lovely birthdays :)

I can't think of what to get for Christmas either. Really struggling with ideas!

Thats so sad about the lights and Christmas Market etc
I have 2 of my boys birthdays a week apart in October. I've finished one but the other still doesn't know what he wants!

I think this year if events keep getting cancelled it’s going to be make the most of it at home and think of a few exciting projects to do ! I just hope the grottos don’t get cancelled this may be the last year DD1 believes although I am determined to stretch it out until next year !

I’ve got no wrapping paper at all I used the last of mine up last year ! So looking forward to buying some nice new ones ! I’ve been thinking about ideas for the elf box that comes on 1 December . They all have the official elves this year 2 girls and 1 boy ! So excited for these , we never had them in the past because the girls didn’t like the look of them haha we just had some soft toy ones but I’m doing it proper this year !! I need some grown up ideas ! I’ve got the skittles rainbow on my list Bev what you did last year ! Wanted to do it but kept forgetting

I’m going to B&M this morning to have a little look the girls are staying in with DH ! Soooo excited !! Going to start picking little bits up this week !

I had forgotten all about the elf as last year was the first time we did it. I put him somewhere safe but God knows where that was.

I'm hoping I was sensible and put it in the decorations boxes, I'll just have to get them out early won't I?;)

Wow amazing very organised !!

I’m going for a little nosey tomorrow cause DD2 starts reception for 2 hours ! I need something to take my mind off her !

Ahh my son starts on Monday, no more little ones at home and no more babies for me so its going to feel quite strange once he's in full-time on Thursday.
We went to B&M yesterday and they had loads of Xmas sweets in and quite a lot of toys too :) Got a few ideas for stocking fillers there.

I hope so much that we can still do a lot of the things we normally do but I’m also mentally preparing to have to do things differently. I was actually talking to my sister about this this morning and we were saying we need to have a back up plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->