Anyone else still breastfeeding a toddler and TTC?

edthedog

Baking another pink one! #4
Reaction score
Hiya,

My daughter is 22 months but still loves a bit of boobie at night :baby:

I came of bcp nearly 6 weeks a go and have been doing opks but not ovulated yet (and no AF either, not even a withdrawal bleed).

Anyone else TTC (or has conceived!) whilst BFing a toddler?

From what I understand minimal BFing shouldn't affect ovulation but then as with everything TTC it depends on the woman/her cycles and hormone levels.

In no rush but would be nice to know what my body is doing!!

Cheers

xxxx

We are about to start trying/not preventing and we are in the same situation. My baby still breastfeeds quite often @16 months.

I'm still breastfeeding my 18 month old son, both at night and in the day. Mostly to help him sleep or nap and for comfort. My cycles came back around 4 months post partum, but were a mess. Cycles were only 17 - 21 days long, light bleeding lasting on average 12 days, no ovulation (which I didn't realise at the time), until about 6 months ago. Started ovulating again and periods got heavier and now only last 7 days THANK GOD! Was getting real sick of 12 day afs... anyway, been ttc since my cycles came back but no luck yet.

Breastfeeding my 22month old for naps, comfort and sleep even through night. My cycle returned after 2.5 years. I am on my 3rd pp cycle and 1st month ttc #2. Charting my temps in the morning are a bit tricky because of all the disturbances and my fertile window this month has been different - very little mucus, but still hopeful :)

Breastfeeding my 20 month old. Cycles came back at 17 months pp. She still nurses 4-5 times throughout day and once in the middle of the night. We have been ntnp since 4 months pp. But I have only had 4 cycles and they have been regular. I have been getting positive opks around the correct time. This cycle we are adding preseed (my daughter was conceived with it) and using the smep method (we also did worth my daughter) so hopefully it'll be our cycle. I am cycle day 12 so right now we are bding every 36 hours until I get my positive opk.

Ill Join! I don't know if I'm ovulating. My periods haven't returned. My son is just about 18 months. We are NTNP but I'm so tempted to buy opks! I'm sure I need to drop a few feeds to get my body to ovulate but my son nurses more now than he did as a newborn!!

We are trying to concieve number 3 and my 2.5 year old stil nurses at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->