Anyone else still keeping their "secret"??

cowgirl21

Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone else is still keeping the big secret?? We have told only a couple of close friends and they are trustworthy to keep it to themselves but definitely not told any of our families. We are trying to wait until we find out the gender.
Its hard because my sister just had a baby and my sister-in-law is due just a couple months ahead of me.
Ahh!

We're kind of half and half. We haven't made it public knowledge yet, but the important people in my work know, most of our extended family know now, but most of our friends don't know. I'm starting to show now, so won't be able to hide it for much longer, I think I'll be moving past the "is she fat or pregnant" stage in the next few weeks!

We didn't announce it to the wider public (ie FB et al) until after our anomaly scan, which was at 21+6. Close friends and family knew, but it somehow didn't feel right until then to make it more widely known.

I've only told family and close friends so far, I will keep it quiet from other friends and facebook etc until after the anomaly scan if I can (depends on how big the bump gets!)

I didn't tell most of my family until after the 16 week appointment, when we heard the heartbeat for the third time (8w, 12w, and 16w). Won't know gender until probably this Friday at our anomaly scan... but planning on telling most of my family about the gender at Thanksgiving. :)

We haven't made any sort of 'official announcement' yet. So far our families know and close friends are finding out. But as for everyone else - I figure that eventually the bump will be a good-enough 'indicator'.

We didnt tell anyone really until our 12 week scan. It was hard enough keeping quiet for that long, trying to make excuses about why i was so sick and had to keep cancelling appointments.

My OH, my mum and one of my friends know. Apart from that finding it hard to figure out how to tell OH's family as his mum lost at 17w only 2 months ago so that wound is still very raw.

Very difficult to keep the bump hidden at the moment though :-(

Xx

Not me.. Everyone knew shortly after we did. I couldnt keep it in. Now I couldn't hide if i I tried.

We told close family at 4 weeks and then other family/friends found out between weeks 9-12! Couldnt keep it in! xx

We have just recently told our extended families (just before 16 weeks) and I just recently told my coworkers at work (at 16 weeks). I have not posted it on FB yet, but I'm undecided as to whether or not I will at all. I'm thinking I won't and if anything post a baby pic after baby is born. If that.

meee!! well we've both told our close family, but not told friends or the hole fmaily circle. im debating weather to tell them after i find out the sex or after i have the baby hahaha

I am 16 weeks and only my mum and two best girls know. We are waiting until our 18 week scan to tell everyone.

I had planned to keep it a secret, but a lot of people found out right away because I couldn't lie, and then they started spreading. I still have several friends who don't know though (I'm 17 weeks).

We told family and close friends at 14 weeks and now people in general are figuring it out because my bump is getting pretty big.

Our immediate families know, my boss and some coworkers know (just so if the topic came up at work no one would be like "WHAAaaat?!?") and a few close friends know. I am waiting until after my first ultrasound (1 more month!!) until I tell anyone else...it's easy to keep it a secret though since we moved and no close friends are in town. Not quite sure how we will tell the extended families who are all over the country!

Family know and a few close friends know but we're waiting for the full amnio results (which we should have by the end of the week) and then the anomaly scan on 1 December before it becomes widely known. Not putting anything on FB or any social media or anything like that either way.

.. well i kept mine a secret and was planning on it a little longer but my nosey mother opened up my mail and saw a OB ultrasound. haha ( i dont live there but i forgot my doctor still has my old address) sooo.. needless to say it failed.

Before we got pregnant we sort of planned to keep it secret a while, until we knew the baby was ok, but when it happened we couldn't keep quiet!
We told my parents, husbands parents and v close friends the day after we found out at 6 weeks. Told my boss about 8 weeks because of docs and hospital appointments, told everyone else at work (it's a small place) 2 weeks later cos they guessed and I couldn't lie. Started telling other family and friends after 12 week scan, and posted scan pic on Facebook last week, at almost 15 weeks.
Might try and keep the sex a secret for a while when we find out, and keeping names a secret until the birth if possible, although I cracked and told my mum, so not going well so far lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->