Anyone else suffering from a short luteal phase?

proudwifey

Reaction score
My luteal phase was only 9 days, and I had traces of spotting from 8dpo. I have read that this is not long enough to conceive. I am going to start to take a B6 vitamin for this month and see if that lengthens my luteal phase. I am CD5 today. I usually don't ovulate until after CD20. Anyone else in this boat? Or had a similar experience? Anyone have feedback on B6 vitamin?

My lp was 8 days and extended to 9/10 following a vitamin b complex. There was 50mg of every b vitamin, not just b6 (except maybe folic acid?) It's important to take a complex as the b vits can get out of balance.

I got a bfp in November with a usual lp of 9/10 days so it can happen hun :hugs:

Good luck!

Thank you! How far in advance did you start taking the B vitamins to see a difference in your LP. I'm going to start tomorrow at cd6 and hope for a longer LP this cycle.

Thank you! How far in advance did you start taking the B vitamins to see a difference in your LP. I'm going to start tomorrow at cd6 and hope for a longer LP this cycle.

You do need to take it thoughout your cycle to get a good egg, good corpus luteum and good progesterone. I would have thought you might still see some improvement this cycle - but if it's not much, don't be disheartened, next months might be much better (if you even have a cycle next month - hopefully not :) )

I have 3 kids and have had 3 losses. My LP is about 9 days. Vit b didn't increase mine from what I could tell but I also rarely get blazing positives on opk.

Are you sure its your actual period starting or could it be pre period spotting that shouldnt count as start of period?
My luteal phase seems slightly different each cycle. I have some that are 9-10 days before actual period, and then I have some really short ones like this month 6 day luteal phase.
I have also read about vitimin b complex helping. I am currently taking this to try and help.
When I conceived my ds I was taking vitimin b6, folic acid, bee propolis, royal jelly supplements too! Can simply say this worked.
I was also told when going for a 4 week preg scan (internal) that the lining of my womb (endometrium) was too thin to withstand a pregnancy and there was no way I could be pregnant. Lady scanning me said it may be an ectopic preg!!! I was devastated in tears, and in disbelief. Only to return a week later for a follow up scan and be told i was 5 weeks preg.
Anything is possible.
However I should add this luteal phase was 12 days long. I wish mine were that long now.
I'm all ears for any suggestions and tips please
Should a doctor help if I posed this to them? I did tell one doctor (new surgery) already and she was reluctant to help at all and simply said I shouldn't be trying for baby number 2 so soon. I was shocked because she doesn't know anything about my health history or have a right to lectur me.
I thought GPS could and should help women in this situation...?

I'm not sure if it was my period or pre-period spotting because my period is so light. It's so light that I can't tell the difference between AF and spotting most times. I did start taking a B6 vitamin this month so hopefully it does the trick. Let me know if you hear of anything from a doctor that you should be doing.

I started taking vit B and complex from a couple of cycles ago but have had chemicals each time (have a 10 day LP) so I have no idea if it has lengthened my LP but I am trying baby aspirin too this month to help with the lining of my uterus. Took that from cycle day 1. I am going to my doctor on Thursday (will be 3dpo) to see about progesterone cream too. It is a minefield but good luck :thumbup:

I had 2 healthy pregnancies before I knew I had this problem (3yr old and nearly 2 yr old), so plenty hope :thumbup:

this thread may help you...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/two-week-wait/2287087-short-luteal-phase-ladies-tww.html

Is the bleeding a different colour at all when you have spotting/period? Maybe a colour change could help tell you whether you're having an actual period or just spotting.
Instead of b6 you could take the b complex, Iv read this can be even better for regulating cycles and helping luteal phase.
I'm looking I to starting to take chasteberry supplement. Iv been unsure whether to start taking it as I'm partially breastfeeding my 7month old. If I wasn't I'd take it in a heartbeat to help my luteal phase and endo! Read so many good things about this supplement.

Good luck

The vitamin b6 seems like it's working. Already at 10dpo. Last few months I started period spotting at 8dpo.

That's amazing. One more day then it'll be long enough time for conception to happen. Happy to hear the luteal phase is getting a bit longer. Anywhere between 11 to 15 is good, hope it gets to 11 for you.

X

Brilliant improvement already though. Give it more time and you'll get there x

I was wrong! It wasn't AF! It was implantation spotting. 2 positive hpt today!!!

I was wrong! It wasn't AF! It was implantation spotting. 2 positive hpt today!!!

Congratulations!!!! :happydance:

I kept taking my b supplements throughout my first trimester just to be on the safe side.

H&h 9 months to you!!!

Thank you ladies! I feel so accomplished. By taking my BBT every morning, I was able to see that my weakness was my short LP. If I didn't take BBT and notice short LP and start taking b6, I do not think I would be pregnant right now. Thank you ladies for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->