Anyone else suffering from this at 20 weeks??

pinkmac85

Mom & pregnant with #2
Reaction score
So I am ALMOST 20 weeks..yay..but for the last few days, especially today, I have been VERY crampy!! There has been no blood or anything but just been VERY crampy..I'm alright when I'm sitting in the recliner but when I'm moving about or laying down its really bad! Not sure if its just stretching pains maybe?? I would call my MW but she doesn't work on Tuesdays and I know its her job but I don't want to have to call her in on a day off and bother her, I'll just wait and call her tomorrow when shes working.
Anyone else suffering from a lot of cramping around 20 weeks??

I'd say if it's really bad, it's definatly worth a call in.

I've had that - it sounds like it's round ligament pain from your uterus stretching. If you have a retroverted uterus, apparently it is worse (mine is retro, so I don't know what normal moms go through)

If you get no reprieve, call your doctor.

I've had that - it sounds like it's round ligament pain from your uterus stretching. If you have a retroverted uterus, apparently it is worse (mine is retro, so I don't know what normal moms go through)

If you get no reprieve, call your doctor.

I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow because I have an appointment on Monday with her. Will my 20 week scan have picked up on that?? Im hoping she will have my scan results by monday so she can go over it all with me.

I've definitely felt a bit more crampy this last week. Nothing too bad, but lots of little twinges and aches. I tend to have an early night, paracetemol and put a hot water bottle on where it hurts to ease it. Seems to do the trick (or i just fall asleep and it's better when i wake up!)

Maybe you're doing too much - on your feet all day. I'm def worse if i've been up all day x

iv been a bit more crampy this last week i think its just stretching mine felt a bit like period pains and there wernt agony or anything if urs r really bad go docs

I've not really been having crampings but I did have quite a scare a week ago when I had bleeding (bright red blood :cry:), but it was right after :sex: so my Dr said there's nothing to worry about (ya right..poor OH can't get near me now :rofl: )

If the cramping is only moderate and intermittent (especially if after some activity like walking, etc), then I think that's pretty normal. Otherwise, it's always better to check with your doctor or MW to be sure.

Let us know how it goes. Try not to stress out over it :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've not really been having crampings but I did have quite a scare a week ago when I had bleeding (bright red blood :cry:), but it was right after :sex: so my Dr said there's nothing to worry about (ya right..poor OH can't get near me now :rofl: )

If the cramping is only moderate and intermittent (especially if after some activity like walking, etc), then I think that's pretty normal. Otherwise, it's always better to check with your doctor or MW to be sure.

Let us know how it goes. Try not to stress out over it :hug: :hug: :hug:

I called my MW and apparently from where I described my pain she said it was my bowel..which could make sense because I was really constipated the last few days so she said it might be over working itself now.

Glad you resolved it hun. I've had pretty bad stretching pains on and off right the way through so far, one the other night that was a bit scary.

This week I have been dreadful in that respect. One night I had absolutely no sleep, so I totally understand how you feel. Kateqpr is spot on, I take two paracetemols before bed a warm hot water bottle, rather than hot, but I also bring my knees up towards my tummy which seems to ease it that bit more.
Working lots of physical hours of work during the day, and particularly busy days do not help either.

Def round ligament pain by the sounds of it, but I would still ring midwife to be reassured by her, it does make you feel better hearing it from them. It shouldnt last any longer than 3 weeks apparently! And can be as short as just a few days. Mine is a lot better today.

Hope you are starting to feel a wee bit better,

Shimmy,
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583