Anyone else super nervous when RE starts fertility drugs?

Rq120

Reaction score
Hubby and I have been TTC for 12 cycles. I started seeing a RE sometime after my 6th month because I have endometriosis. I had a lap performed on Nov 13 and tried naturally for 2 cycles with no BFP. Called the RE to report my ovulation dates, cycle length, etc. My luteal phase was short (10 days) both natural cycles and shorter than that before my lap.
RE called back today and I will start Femara this cycle (no clomid due to the endo - makes it grow) and a trigger shot. I am so nervous! I guess mostly because I'm afraid of multiples.

Anyone else freak out the first time that doc started talking medicine treatments??

You thoughts and feelings would be appreciated. This journey is hard without support.

I am currently on my 1st cycle for IUI (cd 11). I took 100mg of clomid cd 3-7 and am going tomorrow for an u/s to see how mature my follicles are. Once they are mature enough we're to use Ovidrel. I am extremely nervous that the meds and IUI wont work. They suspect that I have pcos due to a large egg reserve and lack of growth, so I know the clomid should help. My dh has low count/motility which is what worries me the most.

I've been having a terrible time with accepting that this is the way it is and this is what I need to do to have a child with my dh. I'm filled with so many emotions, but luckily bnb is a great place for support.

I was told by my RE that there is little to no risk of multiples with Femara. Clomid however, has a 10% chance. Femara also has less side effects.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm supposed to start the femera tomorrow and u/s is scheduled for 1/18. I was super nervous when the office first called me, but I feel a little better now that I have had time to process it all.

I was very nervous my first cycle when I was ttc #1. But now I am starting clomid this cycle ttc #2 and I am feeling good about it. More nervous it won't work than how it will impact me.

I love femara!! I am just about to start my 6th cycle. On my 3rd cycle I got pregnant but it ended in mc. Now I am on the 3rd cycle after that (hoping third time's the charm again).

Femara is great because there is litle side effects compared to clomid. Clomid thins the lining of the uterus (counter productive to what we want) and has more of a chance of multiples. Femara has only a 1% chance of multiples compared with 10% with clomid.

I found clomid made me gain weight and was crazy on my emotions. Femara doesn't do any of that. I would recommend this drug to anyone needing fertility treatment.

Thanks for the support. Good luck on this cycle Aayla. This is my first cycle and I'm hoping I have good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->