Anyone else suprised about how much they like/ don't like being pregnant?

Oh, ladies, everyone's stories are so honest!

Sometimes I feel a bit alone in the pregnancy saga, but these kind of responses are what makes the hard times easier and the good times even better.

Really, thanks.:flower:

I felt the same as you in first tri because i was just feeling crappy all the time. But now, as weird as it sounds, i sort of wish i was still experiencing some of those horrible symptoms. This is just because in second tri most people start feeling absolutely fine, just as they did pre-pregnancy. So to no longer be having any symptoms which are a constant reminder of LO, it can get very worrying because you feel TOO good, if that makes sense? I have nothing telling me i'm pregnant anymore so sometimes it's hard to believe and that really is a worry for a lot of pg women. Although i have had my first movements this evening so from now on i think i'll be constantly reminded i'm pregnant by baby's little kicking feet :) YOU'LL BE FINEEEE :) xxx

I too feel much more reassured hearing that I'm not the only one, I was feeling like such an awful person! I'm going to try and force myself to eat more things from now on :) just wish I could shift the constant horrible taste in my mouth...and teeth cleaning doesn't help as that makes me throw up 50% of the time too :( xxxx

I like it. Despite the aches/pains/anxiety I do like it. It's such a special time.

But let me tell you...weeks 5-20 were hellish. It's only in the past few weeks that I've really started enjoying my pregnancy.

I thought I was going to love it, but I don't. I have been sick and tired for the whole thing.

Despite hyperemesis (which comes with constant nausea/vomiting), constipation, hemorrhoids, constant worrying, fatigue, etc.... I actually LOVE being pregnant. I love the feeling that I am growing a life and that I have this bond that no one can ever break. This baby has been the biggest blessing to me.

After 3 years TTC and IVF I've been very much looking forward to being pregnant and always told myself I'd not complain if I felt rough while pregnant (yeah, that hasn't really worked!).

IVF and 1st tri left me feeling emotional and exhausted and into 2nd tri I'm still tired and cranky. I hate how ratty I get (and how quickly!) but I'm loving starting to get a bump.

I've started having sleeping problems and hip pain so that's not fun but I'm hoping it won't spoil this time for me. It's not at all how I imagined it would be but so far I'm not complaining. I know there will be elements I love and elements I hate, I just have to ride out the hard times.

Hubby and I TTC for a year before becoming pregnant and then only with the help of Clomid. I have wanted to be a mommy for longer than I can remember. I used to think so badly of pregnant women who complained and whined and I would say, "don't they realize how lucky they are? They're not disabled, just pregnant!" But now...now I understand.

I have been sick since day 1 and even now that I'm in 2 tri, I am sick several days out of the week. I have not felt well at all at any point during the pregnancy so far. I had several bouts of bleeding early on so that was scary. I'm exhausted all the time. I cry over everything. I've been off and on bedrest about 6 times. I've developed pregnancy induced asthma. I pulled a muscle in my stomach a couple of weeks ago that made life suck for a bit. And, last but not least, I can't ever sleep. Ever.

Needless to say, I have been pretty miserable. I am so grateful that I have a little one growing inside of me and that I will finally be able to have a child of my own, but I'm not sure that I ever want to do this again. And this is coming from the girl who always said she wanted 7 kids.

So sorry for the rant, but it does feel good to get it out.

My morning sickness wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, even though I was signed off work for a week with hyperemises most of the time it was just nausea. My spots have been worse than I thought they would be and I hate the attention I've had because of them. Other than that and especially since I stopped feeling nauseas at 16 weeks and even more so since I started feeling baby kick I've absolutely loved being pregnant.

I had no idea how I would feel about it before and expected to be moody and irritable but I've actually been a lot calmer even during moving house stress. Oh and I love having a bump, it's so much fun!

Before I was pregnant I had an idea of what kind of pregnant lady I would be and, of course, I was completely wrong :haha:

I waited, planned and TTC for a while before getting pregnant, so I was so sure I would love it and that any discomfort would be overshadowed by joy,... but that's not so much how I've been feeling lately!

In my case, I am surprised about how hard this is for me and how alien my body feels. I did not expect to mind the weight gain at all, but I do, and I did not expect to be so irritable. I thought I would feel closer to my bean by now, but the baby still seems surreal (which may be due to a touch and go first tri).
I don't feel bad about these feelings, because I think it is normal to run the gamut, but I am surprised about how different it has been than I expected. I am just entering 2nd tri, so maybe once I consistently feel better I will start experiencing some of that joy I had planned :winkwink:

Anyone else feeling different than they expected (good or bad)? Or has it been more or less how you thought it would be?

You have articulated exactly how I've been feeling. I thought when I became pregnant that this deeply spiritual feeling will come over me and so far it has not happened. Instead I am preoccupied with just making it through the day without falling asleep, committing a terrible blunder (due to my pregnancy brain), or screaming out when a round ligament pain strikes. And yes, me being pregnant and having a baby seems surreal. If it weren't my growing stomach I would think I was hallucinating.

At times I've felt guilty because I have prayed for this moment for many years. But I think you're right, I shouldn't feel bad because my feelings are normal AND I had no idea what pregnancy was going to be like for me. (Somehow I imagined myself symptomless until the end.)

I love every minute of it i had bad nausea and now have bad spd in my hips every. Step hurts buut i still love it all iv waited my whole life for this after trying for this baby the absulute relief when i got pregnant was overwhelming i had a ruff start with exploading cyst near ovaries when i was 3 weeks and 4 weeks pregnant and so much pain in hosp thats even made me apreciate even the sickness lol im exactly how i imagined id be accept more able lol i thought id be wadling and old acting like a grandma and not able to do anything but i can still dance and feel normal xx

After 3 years TTC and IVF I've been very much looking forward to being pregnant and always told myself I'd not complain if I felt rough while pregnant (yeah, that hasn't really worked!).
I always feel a twinge when I see LTTTC ladies who swear they won't complain when they're pregnant. I think it's their right to complain as much as they want, especially after waiting so long for a baby! I feel bad thinking that women see their pregnancy as something that has to be earned with good behavior. I say groan away, it's practically a sacred duty. :rofl:

I was ttc for 13 months, so I thought that when I finally got pregnant I could relax.

The fact is, worrying exhausts me, truly.

I love being pregnant. I love feeling her kicking me, moving around inside me, I love my pregnant body and I love showing off my bump.

But there are times I worry myself so sick I just wish time would pass quickly and I finally have her in my arms, safe and sound.

Our little one wasn't planned and it was very touch and go for a while but now I just feel amazing. I was expecting to have horriable morninbg sickness and be a B**** but amazingly, the only downside are the stretchmarks (on my back... really?? lol thanks hips) and back pain. I totally missed the whole "can't leave the toilet" thing (very happy about that) and I just feel all this joy and happiness it's crazy. A little TMI but the private time spent with my Fiance is even better :winkwink: just sayin :sex: :haha: for me, it seems pregnancy is just the ultimate drug. and feeling my LO's kicks (and seeing them now) just makes it better :happydance:

I never wanted kids but when I got pregnant with my 10 year old, I LOVED being pregnant! Mind you, I didn't have any issues other than sciatic nerve pain but I really loved the baby belly. This time is the same...I love it. I will love it more when my belly pops. <3

I thought I would be miserable and feel unattractive and be grossed out feeling the baby move in me. Its been so much the opposite! I love being pregnant! I love feeling her move around and I still feel just as sexy and attractive as I did before being pregnant.

I used to think I would be the happiest pregnant lady ever, especially considering I've wanted kids for the last 11 years and this is the miracle baby that we weren't supposed to be able to have because of DH's cancer

But first trimester SUCKED. I was exhausted, nauseaus and irritable 24/7. DH kept saying "this is supposed to be the happiest time of your life and you're just angry and depressed all the time" (I wasn't depressed, just too tired and sick to be anything but apathetic about most things)

Since the first trimester yuck ended, I've loved every minute of being pregnant. I love my growing/changing body, I can't wait to feel my LO move around inside of me and I love when people want to touch my belly!
I'm hoping I can continue to be happy glowy pregnant lady as long as possible!

I am not surprised at how much I dislike pregnancy because this is my second one. I do like feeling baby kick - which has barely just started for me. Other than that - I hate everything about it.

I had been successfully losing weight - well I can kiss that goodbye now. Everything back to square -1. No drinking - not that I did much before but it's annoying to know that I just can't choose to whenever. It's expensive buying new clothes I will only wear for a few months. I am tired. I have to endure endless comments and/or unwanted conversations about pregnancy and children from just about - everyone (yes regardless of the fact that I've done this before). Oh - and then the actual delivery... yay...

The things I do like about it - being doted on a bit by husband and family, and also using the bump to my advantage to get priority seating or being moved ahead in lines. mwahaha.

I don't feel less attractive - I'd say I feel about the same. It's just inconvenient, costly - and painful. That's why I dislike it.

I am never a big kid lover. So after getting married for 3 years, my husband and I decided to have a child. I thought eventhough I may not be ready to be a mom, I will love my bb all the same.
But, I never expected this to be so hard. I hate being pregnant. I am sick almost all the time from 6weeks till now... Dont get me wrong, I still love my bb, I just hate all the symptoms associated with pregnancy.
Do I ever regret doing this? No.
Would I ever want another child? No.

i always wanted a baby even though i know what mum went through she had it bad when pregnant with all of us! but since i found out i was pregnant i had a surprise i had no symptoms - i don't even know why i took a pregnancy test- i know i had a pain on my left for a few minutes but that wouldnt usually trigger you saying that you are pregnant... and then i had nothing to say i am pregnant so no one would of known except for 3 weeks ago when my stomach got bigger

so yeah i was surprise how i am liking the pregnancy - even though can't have alcohol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->