anyone else terrified of first poo after c-section??

LilianA

Reaction score
So I had a scan today and baby is breech so far and if he doesn't flip then of course it will be another c-section (my 3rd section)..one thing that really scares me is going to the bathroom #2 for the first time afterwards :wacko:. Last time I wasn't able to go till 8 days after and I was screaming in tears and something happened the toilet bowl was all bloody afterwards (sorry TMI):blush: :cry:
and that happened even though the doc had me on stool softeners but they obviously didn't work. :shrug:
Anyone have any idea how to avoid this? maybe the hospital food had something to do with it as well? not very healthy!
TIA ladies:hugs:

It's always nerve wracking thinking about that. This is my third section as well. Last time wasn't quite as bad bc I ate high fiber foods as soon as I could, took the stool softeners, and got out of bed (walked in the room and to NICU) at my first chance. It helped with my pain overall a ton as well, but I had a BM a lot sooner than with my first section. I wish you luck!!!

I have had two sections, my last delivery was a successful UNPLANNED VBAC. So this time were trying for one.... LONG STORY! Anyway.... From experience, all first poos are scary as hell. If this is causing you added anxiety your midwife can prescribe you for laxative for you to take ASAP, they can give you a slow working one that won't interfere with your breast milk. All you have to do is ask xx best of luck xx

I am not sure if this was what helped but I also had a high finer diet before my section. I don't remember exactly how many days it took to poop but I can say that I had no problems at all with my first poop. I made sure that I didn't push it and just let it happen when it was ready. Not sure if it always hurts or if you just had an unfortunate experience last time. I wish you the best of luck with your first poop!

I remember my first poo after dd1 I cried I was in so much pain, when I had dd2 I ate high fiber and luckily managed to go before I left the hospital naked bars was great they are really high in fibre, I think this time round I'll be taking naked bars again plus I love them anyway x

Thanks ladies! My first section was 10 years ago so i dont really remember what happened then but the last one was a nightmare for sure so i will make sure i take in plenty of fiber this time! And ask for something better than what they gave me last time for a stool softener

Magnesium is a natural stool softener, I've been taking it all throughout pregnancy and been completely constipation free. It also helps relax stressed muscles and heal you - in my baby & birth class they recommended magnesium + lots of fruit/veg right after birth for extra soft BM's. I don't think I'd take a laxative as it can cause pretty harsh intestinal contractions. Stool softeners are ok as long as you drink loads of water.

My first poo after my c-section was either the same day or the day after he was born. I don't know if they gave me stool softeners, I just know that they were pretty militant about me marking down if I passed any gas or pooped at all after surgery. Was kind of amusing. However... I was up and walking within a couple hours of surgery and was happy to do so. I think the quicker you're mobile, the better it's going to be and yes definitely eat high fiber in the week leading up to it. My last meal before C-Section was asparagus.

Thanks!! I LOVE asparagus 😀 i will definitely make sure the last two weeks are loaded with fiber.. I didnt move around till next day i think. I was in so much pain and exhausted... She tried to flip him so we can try for vbac but his heart rate dropped dramatically and they were all going nuts trying to get him out ASAP .. My belly was bruised from her pushing so hard to turn him! Never will try that again!!

Thanks!! I LOVE asparagus 😀 i will definitely make sure the last two weeks are loaded with fiber.. I didnt move around till next day i think. I was in so much pain and exhausted... She tried to flip him so we can try for vbac but his heart rate dropped dramatically and they were all going nuts trying to get him out ASAP .. My belly was bruised from her pushing so hard to turn him! Never will try that again!!

ACK!!!! Yeah no, just go with the C instead of stressing you and baby out. And if you like asparagus and bacon, let me know. I have an awesome recipe for bacon wrapped asparagus fries!

Oooh sounds delicious!!! Yes please would love the recipe

Not quite in the 3rd tri yet..forgive me for lurking over here! After my c section I had troubles with number 1 and 2 (had to have my bladder flushed, yuck!) and they finally gave me a stool softener for number 2 that went inside my bottom 😳 I was a bit hesitant but it was great!! It didn't feel like a laxative - more like a waterfall in there that flushed everything out, so no cramps or yucky runny poos 😂 haha the things we have to go through! Best of luck with your fourth c section x

Not quite in the 3rd tri yet..forgive me for lurking over here! After my c section I had troubles with number 1 and 2 (had to have my bladder flushed, yuck!) and they finally gave me a stool softener for number 2 that went inside my bottom 😳 I was a bit hesitant but it was great!! It didn't feel like a laxative - more like a waterfall in there that flushed everything out, so no cramps or yucky runny poos 😂 haha the things we have to go through! Best of luck with your fourth c section x

Thanks hun. Do you remember the name of it? Sounds like a dream looool

Thanks hun. Do you remember the name of it? Sounds like a dream looool

I don't know the name but I'm sure your hospital will have something like it. It was seriously amazing! Haha! I don't like the feeling of laxatives - especially with an already delicate tummy so this was fab. My dr said it would be and she was right! She said I didn't have an option, it was either take it and go to the loo or stay in the hospital! It all came out literally 10mins after the nurse popped it in 👍🏻

Was it a suppository or a liquid in a little squirt bottle? If suppository, it was likely dulcolax. If squirting bottle, probably a Fleets enema. Both of those can be purchased over the counter in any pharmacy.

I did eat plenty of fruit prior to my EMCS so maybe that helped and had a problem free poo 48 h after he was born. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->