anyone else terrified of first poo after c-section??

A big spoonful of coconut oil is always guaranteed to give me the runs 30 minutes later, and I did that after m scheduled section with Sophie.

After I had my first child, it took days and days to go, even with the stool softeners. So when I had my second child, I started taking my own stool softeners in the week before the c-section, and continued taking them for about a week after. I took the highest dose allowed on the label -- two pills a day. (I'm doing the same thing right now, in fact.)

I did check with the doctor first and got the okay. The nurses on the recovery floor weren't happy about it, but I reminded them that it was MY rear, not theirs. :thumbup:

thanks for the tips ladies! I guess eating junk at the hospital for 3 days in a row didn't help with this issue either but I plan on changing a lot of things this time!
I will continue taking miralax after the section and I like the coconut oil idea too but i worry it will make me throw up!! can't imagine swallowing a spoon of pure oil with out gagging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->