Anyone else trying & failing to conceive number 2?

lauraemily17

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Just wandering if there is anyone else out there like me.

Took a year and 2mcs to conceive my little boy, the light of my life. I'm just about to start month 9 TTC number 2 and finding it really hard to deal with. Got my first bfp in the 8th month last time so I guess it appears I'm even less fertile than last time?!?!

I'm struggling with dealing with feeling like a total failure, and I really wanted a close age gap between my kids which just doesn't look possible now.

I've used bnb for a long time now and have some lovely followers on my journal but I miss sharing the specific ups and downs of the whole TTC journey that I had when I first came on here, so I'm hoping to find some ladies in the same boat, wanting to share the highs, lows, drama and of course :dust:

Just wandering if there is anyone else out there like me.

Took a year and 2mcs to conceive my little boy, the light of my life. I'm just about to start month 9 TTC number 2 and finding it really hard to deal with. Got my first bfp in the 8th month last time so I guess it appears I'm even less fertile than last time?!?!

I'm struggling with dealing with feeling like a total failure, and I really wanted a close age gap between my kids which just doesn't look possible now.

I've used bnb for a long time now and have some lovely followers on my journal but I miss sharing the specific ups and downs of the whole TTC journey that I had when I first came on here, so I'm hoping to find some ladies in the same boat, wanting to share the highs, lows, drama and of course :dust:

Awwwww :hugs: I totally understand we took 24 cycles to get ds and we decided to ttc #2, but we didn't do anything about it with one thing and another. I'm terrified it's going to be like last time too, if not longer :cry: and I really don't think I could handle that all over again but I don't want ds to be an only child and i'll be 41 next yr so I don't feel like I have time on my side? It's so hard not to end up feeling like a failure having one certainly makes you feel like a pro at out witting mother nature, sadly our bodies have other ideas. Your not a failure :hugs: we will get there, together x I swore no ov's, charts etc this time but the desire to have some control is taking over :dohh:

This is just cycle #2 for us TTC #2. But I had to wait 2 years for my lupus to go into remission for me to get the OK from my doctor to TTC. So I feel like we've been working on #2 for a while....I wanted my kids to be closer in age but my son is already 4...anyway, just praying that my lupus stays quiet long enough for me to have another baby...

Well were ttc #2 for myself and #1 for my dh. I just hit cycle 11 this month and ..... 11 month mark yesterday. I am 25 and dh is 29 next week. My son is 8.5!! I have never been on bc and ..... We have been actively trying for almost a year....I'm desperate .... Now. And its definitely NOT easy for me I feel broken and empty every time I look down at mg stomach.....I'm CD9 & I have cried every day since CD1 this cycle. I feel more depressed then ever....and honestly I'm on the verge of giving it all up.....but something keeps making me keep trying even tho I'm broken inside most of the time....I'm just extremely sadd. I understand. Trust me.....I have had every thought run thru my head that ur thinkin

Hi ladies,

I'm in the same boat as all of u, TTC #2 since March, we have a gorgeous little man who is our whole world, but would love nothing more then to give him a sibling!! This whole TTC process is not something we faced the first time we conceived, we were obviously super lucky and fell quickly, so the fact that it has unexpectedly taken us this long is frustrating and heartbreaking!! Feel like I'm failing at something my body was made to do!!! I have a new respect for anyone who has had trouble TTC, it isn't something I would wish on anyone!!!

Good luck ladies, wishing us all BFP's in the near future!! It's nice to know there are others out there who are going through the same highs and low on this journey!!

Yep! Had too many losses since starting TTC #2 in February.

I have a daughter from a previous relationship so #2 will be DH's first biological child. It's been a rough year and we do have answers for why it's happened so many times. So I'm thankful for being one of the few that knows the reason. But I'm just ready to be pregnant. I miss it! Although I've been pregnant literally half of this year. Just no take home baby.. But we'll get there!

Baby dust to us all!! Prayers for bfps ASAP!! :haha: :dust:

Laura and Ellie your little boys are SO stinkin cute!!

Yep! Had too many losses since starting TTC #2 in February.

I have a daughter from a previous relationship so #2 will be DH's first biological child. It's been a rough year and we do have answers for why it's happened so many times. So I'm thankful for being one of the few that knows the reason. But I'm just ready to be pregnant. I miss it! Although I've been pregnant literally half of this year. Just no take home baby.. But we'll get there!

Baby dust to us all!! Prayers for bfps ASAP!! :haha: :dust:

Laura and Ellie your little boys are SO stinkin cute!!

Sorry for ur losses :hugs: Can't imagine how hard it must be to MC!! That's great that u have got some answers tho, so many ppl never know!! Good luck, hope u get ur BFP soon!!! What CD r u??

Thanks, we think so!!! How old is ur little girl??

Hi ladies. My beautiful daughter is almost 3 1/2. I conceived her very easily but since then I had a medical problem which pretty much destroyed my fertility. We always intended on having more children and now that I'm healthy again we have been ttc #2 for about a year and a half. I managed to get pregnant two months ago but lost it :sad1: I really want Emily to have a sibling and I'm hoping that they won't be too far apart in age. Plus I'm 37 so the clock is ticking. I'm going back on fertility treatments this next cycle.

Just because I'm curious: what is your biggest reason for wanting another child?

I want Emily to have a sibling so that when DH and I are gone (assuming we are gone first as it should be) Emily will still have a sibling and hopefully nieces and nephews.

Thanks Ellie :hugs: it's not easy to go through but there are amazing people on here like Sara (slg76) that have made it easier!!
I'm on CD 12 waiting for a + opk!

She's 2 :flower: Acts more like 13 already... :haha:

We're TTC because we want a big-ish family (3-5 kids) while we're still young enough to have the energy for it :p , we want Emilia to have a sibling to grow up with, and I'd love for my dad (he's 85) to see a grandchild from my hubby and I. I'd love him to see all my kids but he was diagnosed with dementia and is declining pretty fast even with medicine.

aww thanks, Leah :hugs:

I recently heard the word threenager and that is exactly what Emily is!

I'm sorry about your dad. Jeff's mom passed away when Emily was almost 2. It meant the world to Jeff that his mom got to meet one of our kids. Emily has memories of her which is wonderful. We've been struggling a bit lately because Emily wants to understand exactly what heaven is and where it is. you know...the easy questions :laugh2:

16th month ttc #2 now.
#1 is going to be 5yrs old by the time we have another, took 11 months off bc to get pregnant with him.

We're on cycle 5 ttc number 2. Our dd was a complete surprise so this is our first time ttc and I'm finding it a bit hardgoing to be honest. Hoping it happens soon :dust: to all of you ladies too :)

Hi ladies. This is cycle number 2 for us trying to conceive #2. It took us roughly 21 months to get pregnant with our DD so I not expecting this time to be much quicker. But we can hope!
It's bittersweet reading everyone's stories - it's nice to know we aren't alone but at the same time I wouldn't wish this struggle on anyone.
I'm TTC because I don't want DD to be an only child. I would love to have a sibling for her, Of course I will always be grateful to have even 1 child (I was sure it would never happen) but I do feel that something is missing and our family isn't quite complete yet!
Baby dust to all of you! X

we're TTC number 2 aswell. Took my just 2 cycles with my daughter, I felt incredibly lucky as I know how long some ladies are TTC for. She's now 3 and we felt ready to try for another and stupidly I was under the impression that it would happen just as quickly again and here we are on cycle 5!

frustrating each month that passes by :( xx

Wow, thank you so much for the replies ladies. I really was feeling so alone in it this time. I'm also sorry that we are all in this and for some a second time. That's something which really gets to me, that it's happening again. I really hoped I could be one of the lucky ones who conceived quicker second time round. It obviously wasn't meant to be!!

Tigerlilly - I thought the same about opks ect, it lasted 2 months! I now do everything!!

Curligurl - I hope your lupus stays quiet for you. Must have been a long 2 years. I see you've also had mc's too, so sorry, I've had 2 and they are devastating.

Gonnagetabump - I'm so sorry. I totally relate to how you feel. I find that first week the hardest and cry a lot, although this month it's happened throughout. I've also felt like giving up, but I just can't. We will get there.

Ellie_baby2 - it is nice to know we're not alone. I completely agree about feeling like our bodies are failing. It makes me feel totally inadequate. I see you're from Australia. My favourite place in the whole world! I have family there so have been lucky enough to go 3 times, most recently in May this year. I would love to live there. Where abouts are you from?

LeahLou - thank you, I'm a very proud Mummy! So sorry about the mc's. That's great though that you know the reason. Do you have a treatment plan for the next pregnancy? I had some tests after mine, nothing conclusive but possibly auto-immune related, I was advised to take baby aspirin and conceived Xander first month taking it! Sorry about your father.

Slg76 - good luck for next cycle. I hope the fertility treatment works for you. I was an only child until I was 7 so I remember it. I certainly wasn't unhappy as an only child but I was happier with a sibling so it's important for me to give that to Xander, ideally before he's old enough to remember being an only child. Xander is very clingy to me too and as much as I love it now, I think he'll benefit more in the long run from having to share me!! Xander really should have been the younger sibling though as he's much better with older children!

291 - sorry you're in the same boat. 16 months must be heart breaking.

Buttercup84 - thanks for the :dust: sending some back your way!

Miwi - absolutely about something being missing. I am soooo ready for a baby right now. Xander is at such a good age, sleeps well, eats well, not massively tantrummy, yet!! I recon I could handle the nastiness of first tri right now! I hope it happens much quicker for you this time.

Tinadecember - definitely frustrating. With each month that goes by I count the extra month age gap they'll have. I really shouldn't do that to myself!!

So where are we all on our cycles? Anyone going to be testing soon or due to ovulate?

I'm actually 13dpo today. AF due tomorrow. Zero symptoms, rubbish chart and bfn so certain AF will be here tomorrow.

I'm due to O any day now.. today is CD17. My luteal phase is kind of short (10 days) but not really concerned just yet because I know it may take some time for my cycles to regulate after being off BCP. If I don't get a BFP this cycle I might look into some natural herbs/teas to help my ovulate a little earlier and lengthen my LP.

I think Vitamin B complex is good for lengthening LP. I had a short one last time 10/11 days. Ended up using progesterone cream to lengthen it, worked great.

I take it throughout the cycle. I take a 100 complex which covers all the B vits, I need extra though due to a food intolerance. For me it's not delayed ovulation, I always ovulate between cd12 - cd14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->