Anyone else trying for no. 2 in Jan 2016?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hello :)

Just wanting to touch base with anyone who is going to start ttc in Jan! It will be my second child, but my son wasn't planned, so the WTT and TTC concepts are all new to me!

How are you preparing for ttc?

Currently I am
- Trying to track my cycles after stopping birth control in Oct
- Trying to get down maybe 2kgs
- Saving money!

Mee!!

Currently trying to track my cycles but they're a bit irregular at the moment so it's quite frustrating. Going by a rough guide I'm due to ovulate around the 29th of December so we will most likely try then.
I'm sooo excited! I've done the TTC part before and I secretly love it. All the tracking and the testing and the symptom spotting. I can't wait. I'm sure I'll regret saying that when it comes to it though 😂

How old is your first son?

Hi Hanni :)

I hope I like the ttc and all that comes with it! Haha! I hope it doesn't frustrate me and take away from the fun of it if it doesn't happen quickly. My son is turning 6 this month, it's crazy how fast they grow up!

Are you planning on just estimating your cycle or going the full wack with ovulation sticks and measuring your temp?

I totally hated it at the time but once pregnant I realised I was all just part of the jorney that I wished away. Next time I want to relax and enjoy the excitement of it. If that makes sense?

That makes sense! What a good way of looking at it :)

I am temping at the moment, so I will probably do that out of habit. I tried using opks this cycle and never got a positive, but my temps say I O'd 6 days ago.. it's my first time temping since I only stopped taking the pill a month ago.. I hope it's reliable! As I didn't have an actual cycle day 1 to go off, so I counted the first day of my last withdrawal bleed as cd1.. Are you going to track it all again?

Snap! I'm trying for number 2, starting to try in January 2016. My first was conceived within 6 weeks of coming off the pill. We didn't track anything or go by temps/date, he just happened very quickly. This time I've decided to come off the pill a little early (I stopped taking it at the beginning of the week) as in my head it's going to take longer. I don't know why I'm thinking that, just paranoid I guess!! I'm so excited, but am going to hold off until January as ds is starting school in September and would like him to settle first.

The losing weight and saving money sound familiar too!

Hello oneday123!

I'm paranoid it will take a while too! That's great you fell pregnant after 6 weeks the first time, gives me hope! My problem is that I REALLY want to conceive in Jan, because if I conceive in Feb the due date will be very close to my son's bday and I don't want them too close if possible, if I conceive in March then it will Xmas, New year and Dp's bday, and if I conceive in April then it would mean a whole year longer before the child would start school than if they were born next year (our school years start in feb) which is like an extra year of childcare! I know it sounds silly and selfish, and of course it wouldn't actually matter if it happened in those months.. it's just I over think everything!

I do understand what you mean. I definitely over think things too! I know at the end of the day it doesn't matter when a child is born, but I think lots of people have reasons for preferring to not have a child around certain dates, for example Christmas.

I'm glad it's not just me! Feels so selfish to say, but of course it actually wouldn't matter :)

Hello ladies! I too will be TTC no.2 in December/January. Only just over a month really! I have a daughter who is 13 months. I have so far this year lost almost 4 stone & would like to lose 1 more to be totally happy and feel fit.

Hello HazzaB :flower: Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! My scales broke (that sounds bad! :haha: ) So I have no idea how much I weigh right now! I hope I have at least maintained my last known weight, and not put any on.. I may need to buy some new ones!

Ooh, yes just over a month! :happydance: So exciting!

Hello!

Well we were hoping to try in Jan. But now I've got to have an op, really hoping that will be Jan and have everything crossed we can start trying in Feb. Not sure if we'd try in March as my daughters birthday is 3 Dec...but then again I'm already so broody and the wait is killing me!

I'm temping and charting cm - had problems ttc first time round so trying to do my homework this time! Also trying to eat better to help with weight and hormones.

Roll on 2016! Xx

That's a shame you have to wait Scarlett! Hopefully you get your op in Jan so you can get to business! Lol.

Hey ladies- I am planning to start ttc #2 in mid February. We have been ttc/ntnp for awhile but have decided to take a break for 3 months. I plan to lose some weight and start clomid in February.

Hi Krissie :) isn't it funny how we all want to lose weight before we get chubby with a baby! Haha

Hi Krissie :) isn't it funny how we all want to lose weight before we get chubby with a baby! Haha

Oh I know! I have thought that was ironic. I'm just hoping it helps me ovulate. Even though I'm the exact weight I was when I conceived ds on clomid. But hey I've got 3 months I might as well put them to good use.

I worry I will put it all back on as soon as I fall pregnant! Knowing me, I would :haha: But yes, any chance to improve any chances of conceiving easier is definitely worth it! :thumbup:

With my ds I initially lost 15 lbs in first tri. I wasn't sick or anthing. Second tri I gained a few lbs. Quite a bit in third I think 20-25. But when I had ds I was back to my pre pregnancy weight within 2 weeks. I'm hoping this time to gain less. I was super hungry towards the end and ate tons. So I'm sure that's why it piled on the last month.

I was sooooo hungry in third tri with my LO too, I would wake every morning at 2am and have to have a bowl of cereal before I could go back to sleep :haha: I also had malteser cravings all through my pregnancy, it wasn't just the chocolate but the crunching them. They do say you need extra in third tri (although it's not that much) but I think we're programmed to put on weight then to help with making milk maybe?!

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment too - would love 10lbs off, but would be happy with 5. I'm looking at it like weight off now means guilt free malteser crunching if I have the same cravings again!

Thanks Mumma, it seems I'm not ovulating at the moment anyway so trying to put a positive spin on it, WTT rather than TTC is a better place to be when things aren't working the way they should!

xxx

Malteser must me a UK thing. I have never heard of them. I craved canned pears. I think I ate a can a day almost every day of my pregnancy. I also really craved grilled steak. Which is funny since before pregnancy I didn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->