• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else trying to conceive with a youngish baby?

Unexpected212

Reaction score
I posted earlier on here about coming off the pill to start trying November or maybe even sooner as I'm so broody!!

We can afford another baby and we have childcare sorted as I work part time...but a lot of the BFP announcements and people TTC seem to have older children.

Am I just mad? Is anyone else TTC with young babies? Seeing everyone's tickers is making me second guess whether it's too soon?

I'm also a bit worried about work. I've been back 2 months so I will qualify for maternity pay but just worried they'll be annoyed at me. I started the job already pregnant (didn't know at the time!) and went off after only 7 months there. I've had 9ish months off and so I'll have been back about a year before I go off again. Hoping they won't be too annoyed!

Anyone else in the same boat?

My situation is a bit different but we lost our son on July 18th at 31 weeks. We are waiting for my AF to come and then after that we will be trying again. So I will hopefully have two children, within a year. We were going to wait until our son was 1 to try again so I am a bit caught off guard but we are ready to be parents. It is so hard not having our son here and I truly think getting pregnant again will help my husband cope a little with the loss of our son...wishing you much luck as you try for baby #2!!!

Yup my little man is 7 months, we were a bit unsure but ntnp and last week I had a early mc. That week I was pregnant we got so excited now we are so eager be pregnant again!!

Me! Our daughter just turned one on July 10th.. Definitely want them close in age. :) Hoping we don't have to wait long. Good luck!

I had my girls close together (planned) It has pro's and con's like any age gap. I felt ready for another so we had one we felt that there wasn't any need to wait don't doubt yourself. Good luck x

Thanks guys

Castaway bride I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Thank you Unexpected :hugs:

The one thing I am struggling with is the weight gain and redistribution from the first pregnancy and getting pregnant again. I lost all the weight but I have this loose tummy, I wonder what it will be like after being pregnant again...guess it is a good reason for a personal trainer :winkwink:

We know our son would love a sibling to look after from Heaven and we are ready to be parents. Hope you all get BFP's!

Thank you :)

I struggled with the changes to my body, my boobs are not anywhere near as perky and more and even though I'm a UK size 8/10 I still have the loose skin/belly pouch. I know they do say you show a lot quicker with the second.

My situation is a bit different but we lost our son on July 18th at 31 weeks. We are waiting for my AF to come and then after that we will be trying again. So I will hopefully have two children, within a year. We were going to wait until our son was 1 to try again so I am a bit caught off guard but we are ready to be parents. It is so hard not having our son here and I truly think getting pregnant again will help my husband cope a little with the loss of our son...wishing you much luck as you try for baby #2!!!

Just wanted to say that I am soo sorry for your loss and I wish you the best of luck!:hugs:

Babydust for all!:dust::dust::dust:

Just wanted to say that I am soo sorry for your loss and I wish you the best of luck!:hugs:

Babydust for all!:dust::dust::dust:

Thank you so much :hugs:

My daughter will be 14 months when we start ttc.

Sorry for your loss Castaway.

Castaway - Sorry for your loss :hugs: good luck and lucky dust for your Rainbow :flow:

Unexpected - it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, what's right for one isn't right the other and so on. Our gap won't be TOO big but I'll be judged from the moment I announce another pregnancy as my OH cheated on me a year ago and right now we live separate (and will for the near future as my lease on here is until April next year) but we've spoke about things and the future this is just where I feel comfortable right now without feeling overwhelmed. It may not be other people's vision of perfect but right now it works

You do what you gotta do hun :) good luck! :flow:

Yeah I feel like I already get judged for being married and having one child at 23. My parents are like 'will you cope with 2?' which offends me because I work 24 hours a week, I keep the house spotless, I'm on top of everything, we are ok financially and my son is so happy and well rounded.

Sorry to hear about the cheating. We had a situation when our son was very small where my OH was flirting online with random women. We worked through it and he's never done anything since, so I know it can be hard.

My daughter will be 14 months when we start ttc.

Sorry for your loss Castaway.

lysh, thank you so much!

Castaway - Sorry for your loss :hugs: good luck and lucky dust for your Rainbow :flow:

Unexpected - it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, what's right for one isn't right the other and so on. Our gap won't be TOO big but I'll be judged from the moment I announce another pregnancy as my OH cheated on me a year ago and right now we live separate (and will for the near future as my lease on here is until April next year) but we've spoke about things and the future this is just where I feel comfortable right now without feeling overwhelmed. It may not be other people's vision of perfect but right now it works

You do what you gotta do hun :) good luck! :flow:

Kylie, Thank you so much! I also agree do what is right for your family. People by nature will judge and I feel we have to do what we are comfortable with and not what other people think....

we started NTNP in June, DS was 13 months. I wanted a small age gap between my babies

I'm not sure!!

I've just come off the pill on Thursday. I'm waiting for my withdrawl bleed and then I want to test for ovulation and mark when my next period is after that.

Does the period after your withdrawl bleed usually count or is a proper period?? It confuses me.

If my proper period comes and I get a positive OPK next month I think I'm going to go for it then yeah :)

I'm not sure!!

I've just come off the pill on Thursday. I'm waiting for my withdrawl bleed and then I want to test for ovulation and mark when my next period is after that.

Does the period after your withdrawl bleed usually count or is a proper period?? It confuses me.

If my proper period comes and I get a positive OPK next month I think I'm going to go for it then yeah :)

My first period off the pill was miserable (very heavy and cramps) :( I hope you have a better experience then I did! lol I did the same got my first period and started up watching my cycle and ended up with a stomach bug LOL I then bought a fertility monitor and bam, pregnant first cycle! Hoping for good luck this time around as well!!

Yeah I always hard horrible periods when I wasn't on the pill so not looking forward to it at all!

Since DS was born I've literally hardly been on birth control because none of it seemed to agree with me. Only been on Yasmin for 2 months so hopefully it will come out of my system nicely :)

Lots of baby dust to you....:) So will you be starting around next month too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"