Anyone else trying to move house?

Vix79

Reaction score
I'm new to Babyandbump and have already spent hours reading all the great advice and threads on here. I just wanted to ask whether anyone else is trying to sell their house and how it's going ...

We've just sold our lovely, but very small house to a first time buyer and had an offer agreed on the house we want, which fortunately is empty. It's now just the waiting game and I'm finding it very stressful as I know if it falls through we're unlikely to get moved before baby is here. I'm trying not to panic too much at the moment, but I'm such a stresshead I can't help it! Is anyone else in the same situation? Anyone have any great tips on keeping calm!?

Thanks, Vix

Yeah, im currently looking for new place to rent.
I did thread about it, few people seem to be in same situation atm. I have no tips though, i enjoy looking & moving.

Hope all goes well in your hunt. I know what you mean - I'm really excited about moving and getting the nursery ready, just not sure I'll have any fingernails left by then!

hey hun, im looking for a place to rent atm, its sooo stressful, but it can only get better :) x x

I like your positive outlook Emma - hope you find somewhere perfect soon! x

We sold out house in April... it was bought by an investment buyer, so we are currently renting back. Would LOVE to be in a new home before Christmas... might need a minor miracle, though... (not much on the market here).

Good luck everyone :hugs:
QT

We are hoping to move countries once bubs is here. We are originally from England but emigrated to Spain a couple of years ago. We are hoping to move back home a couple of months after I give birth so we can be nearer our family & friends. Luckily, we still own our house there (we rent it out at the moment) so wont have to find somewhere to live but its still going to be pretty stressful moving all our stuff plus 2 large dogs & a baby.

Im on my own and im moving from London to Central Scotland on saturday. I just packed up a huge case i had to get my mum to send back after i had sent it full of stuff! Anyways now i got it back mon and have re packed it, only to find i still have too much stuff. So i have 3 days to get boxes, pack them, and send them either via courier again or by postoffice. While still working (i look after 3 kids,but their cousin is here atm so 4).
Its costing me a fortune and im not sleeping at all cos i just dont know what to do.

when i get home to my parents i have so little space and so much to sort out, aswell as looking, viewing flats to rent. And i have to move into a flat about 25 mins away from my parents house, before the end of jan.Baby due Dec, so just trying to figure out when is best to move. it would cost less in Jan as then id have no rent to pay.Its a nightmare. And i cant get a council flat so i have to go down the route of private, so basically once i go back to work ill probably have to move again as i wont be able to afford the full rent. Its so hard.

good luck with your searching!

We are planning on moving but I think we've kind of stopped looking as the houses we want are JUST out of our price range and also it seems that if we carry on looking we'll be moving when I'm expecting!!! :shock:

SO we're gonna wait till next year now.

As for you guys, Don't worry but just be prepared to rent for a few months if the worst happens! Hopefully the move will go smoothly. :hugs:

we are moving in to our new house this weekend. Have had the keys for a week or so, so have been moving stuff in slowly, but I know how stressful it all is. Keep your eye on the prize... i am sooooo excited to be in there now!! xx

We are in the moving process. OH's dad passed away in January and the estate is being split between him and his sister, there is a house just round the corner form us plus some money. His sister is living there at the moment but it was agreed that we would buy her out and take over the house in October. After spending the summer clearning the place out and planning what we are going to do there, she just announced last week that she doesn't want to move out and she wants to buy us out. She has some health issues and hasn't really come to terms with the death of her dad, I think she wants to keep the house just the way it is and didn't like the fact that we were planning on changing it. It is kind of frustrating as she is going to be sitting on her own in a four bed house which she doesn't need, and we are now not likley to have anything soreted before the baby gets here. I just wish she had told us this at the start of the summer (I am a teacher so have just had 6 weeks off) then we could have spent the time looking for something.

On the other hand, when she buys us out we will have the money for a house, and there are not many people luckuy enough to be in that position, so whilst I am annoyed with her, I am extremley grateful for the situation. Obviously OH would rather have his dad back with us and getting the money is tinged with sadness in that way. I am just not looking forward to house hunting with the new school term about to start and trying to get something sorted before December, or else having to move with a new baby.

we are moving too
in sept - just starting the sorting and packing now before the move
stressful xx

Not exactly the same situation but my OH moved in to my place last weekend and I "helped" out as much as I could by being at his flat for a few days before and packing etc. The move itself went very smoothly, helped out by a couple of mates and now his stuff is here, we're still in the process of unpacking etc... chaos rains in this household!!!

Good luck to all the girls looking for places to rent/buy/live!! :hugs:

I'm not in exactly the same boat, but at the moment me and my OH are living at his Mum's house.

We need to move into our own flat, but cant afford it yet. We should have some money saved up by November, so will be looking to move then!

I'm not looking forward to it! Its all very much the unknown to me....we will be on housing benefit.....so it's going to be very very hard to find somewhere to rent in a decent area.

Plus we dont know if it'll be furnished or unfurnished....if its the latter, i've then got to worry about furniture etc.....plus the actually moving day could be interesting as i'll be around 8 months pregnant! LOL.....there's nothing I can do about it at the moment except worry, so i'm trying to put it at the back of my mind!

Hi All,

We are moving.. or should I say in the process of moving. Currently renting, but have had an offer accepted on a property and like you say we are at the waiting game stage.

The property we are buying is empty, and we are 1st time buyers so luckly no chain either end... In theory quite a simple transaction!!! We have everything in place, they are just dordling at their end, and it is really starting to get to me. As we were hoping to complete next week, however they have told our soliciter they are not ready (there are three sellors and one is abroad), and the date will have to be put back.

I just hope it all doesn't fall through, as we have to be out of out current house by 30th Sep!!

I can't wait to get in there and decorate the nursery... it is now looking like the rest of the house will just have to stay as it is until after LO is born... as I have spent all my saved 'maternity money' on the move!!!

we are in the process of moving from a one bedroom cottage to a bedroom house and it is very stressful! i am on hols for the next 12 days so tomorrow i am starting major cleaning, painting etc. we hope to be in on Friday 4th sep.....good luck to you hun.

Yup; we're due to move in about a week, and the stress is unreal! We're only moving into rented though - however, making ends meet right now is a massive stretch...

Stress reigns here too, apparently!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the comments ladies - fingers crossed for all of us that the various moves work out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->