Anyone else ttc no.2 without full backing of OH?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Think the title sounds worse than it is!! Lol
We have an amazing 22 month old that has slept through the night since she was 7 weeks and is good as gold! In fact she's so good that we said one was enough.
However recently I've started thinking that its not fair on her to be an only child, I am and vowed I would never do it to my child as felt I missed having siblings growing up.

I've now 100% decided I want another one after months of deliberating.

I came off the pill last week, made hubby aware, told him my reasons and although he has stated he doesn't particularly want another one he hasn't stopped doing the deed with me and will discuss baby names etc.

His reasons for not being overly keen are that he doesn't feel he could cope with sleepless nights etc if we get a 'bad' one. Even though I understand and partly agree I don't feel that this is reason enough not to give our DD a sibling.
He also wants me to go back to work first, although I feel that it's better and easier to get the babies done and dusted before continuing my career and tbh I'm not ready to leave DD yet!

Am I being mean? Anyone else in similar situation?

Btw we have a very happy relationship and a perfect family set up

I think a lot of men arnt very good at communicating how they feel,if hes ok for you to be off BC and willing to discuss baby names then he is on board.Any man that wasnt would let you know very clearly!
His reasons for perhaps not wanting #2 are the same things you probably deliberated months earlier,they are always slower than us women!
I say carry on the way you are,and just see what happens.
Im behind all your reasons for wanting #2 as im in a similar situation
:dust:

I agree with what you are doing. He would have let you know if he was against it by not continuing BD knowing what you wanted. He said he doesn't feel he can cope with sleepless nights if you get a "bad one"? Maybe you should remind him that when you were planning for baby #1, he didn't know if you were gonna get a "bad one" and it didn't stop him then. Why now?

Just keep doing what you are doing, he will tell you if he is against it. Maybe he does want another baby but just has reservation he needs to over come.

Hi I'm in a similar situation. Our ds turns 2 in just over a week and is good as gold. DH has always known I want a 2nd but wants us to be better off financially before we start ttc but I'm worried that day will never come and I dont want a huge gap between siblings. I came off bcp in july after discussing it with dh but 90% we dtd he either pulls out or uses protection so my chances of falling pg are very slim!

Oh no, I would go mad if DH pulled out!!! Lol
Hopefully it will happen quickly then he will think it was meant to be lol

Hoping it's going to happen this month as we dtd without him pulling out right on the outside of my fertile window (I think about 4/5 days before O). I know it's a very slim chance but keeping everything crossed. Just in the 2 week wait now, AF due on 9th if 1st cycle off bcp is anything to go by!

Men can be like that. Though I think once he knows your pregnant, he wouldn't worry about the sleepless nights cause he'd be too excited! It's the way I look at it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->