Anyone else TTC their third baby and worried about people's reactions?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We're NTNP for our third and final baby. It's never been a secret that I (the I soon became we :) ) wanted three children, but so far people's reactions to that news have been ones of surprise laced with slight negativity. I know my parents in law (who I love and get on with very very well) don't feel great about the idea of us having a third and I've heard from friends behind our backs that they can't understand why we want three. As the youngest of three myself, I don't understand people's reactions!! It's not like we're saying we want ten children, just three! Random strangers who say how lucky we are to have a girl and a boy (I just don't get why people stop me to tell me this, it's so bizarre) always seem shocked when I say that our family isn't complete yet and that there's someone missing. They look at me as if trying to work out why I could possibly want another when already have a girl and a boy. People are so peculiar! Perhaps I'm too defensive, but a part of me wonders if people are questioning our parenting abilities? I know I'm being silly, but I can't help being a little dramatic and over sensitive sometimes :haha:

So yes, these are the reactions I'm getting now. I'm a little worried about what people will say when I'm actually pregnant with the third child. Anyone else facing the same thing?

Well I think some people in my life might be taken back a little if i were to get pregnant with my 3rd. I also think it would be hard for a couple friends who want more but are having some difficulties themselves... Those would be difficult to tell. I have 2 girls right now. .. and honestly wouldn't mind another girl. ..I just want one more baby. .. I'm almost 35 so don't want to wait too long to start trying again!

I totally know what you mean I have a girl and a boy and always get the 'oh your so lucky' comments. I think everyone assumes we're done with having children now so a lot of people are going to be quite shocked when I do fall preg with number 3. I already know certain people in my family are going to have negative comments about it but I really couldn't care less. It's my life and if I want three children then damn it I will have three children :haha:

I really don't understand it though. I know me and OH are great parents and it's not like we can't afford it. OH has a good job and I'm fortunate enough to be a stay home mum. People are weird :shrug:

I am TTC my 5th and I know most of my family would not be happy about it but its my and hubby s choice not theirs, I am also risking my relationship with my sister ending because the last time I was pregnant she got so jealous she left town and stopped talking to me.

All i can say is this decision is for you and your oh to make! The negativity or nay says behind your backs are rude and uncalled for. Its not their lives its yours and if having one more makes ya`ll happy then they should respect that, they dont have to be thrilled about it but atleast they can respect your decision.

Im in the same boat too hon! A little diff of a situation but same boat non the less! I have 3 kids from my previous marriage (which ended due to dv and his substance abuse) i ended up finding comfort in the arms of my bestfriend of 7 years. We have been together now for 2 years of the 7 and i couldnt be happier and as of 6mo ago we decided to TTC. Only very few people know because we already experianced the negativity of our coming together and frankly expect a lot more if they knew we were actually planning a baby.

To me its sad our friends and family just cant be happy if we are, isnt that all that matters

We are TTC our third. I worried at first what people would think, but I come from a family of three kids and most of my family members have 4 kids. So I luckily haven't received too many negative comments. 3 kids is not that many. And who cares what ppl think anyways, it's your life :) Good luck TTC your third :)

Hi ladies,

We're NTNP for our third and final baby. It's never been a secret that I (the I soon became we :) ) wanted three children, but so far people's reactions to that news have been ones of surprise laced with slight negativity. I know my parents in law (who I love and get on with very very well) don't feel great about the idea of us having a third and I've heard from friends behind our backs that they can't understand why we want three. As the youngest of three myself, I don't understand people's reactions!! It's not like we're saying we want ten children, just three! Random strangers who say how lucky we are to have a girl and a boy (I just don't get why people stop me to tell me this, it's so bizarre) always seem shocked when I say that our family isn't complete yet and that there's someone missing. They look at me as if trying to work out why I could possibly want another when already have a girl and a boy. People are so peculiar! Perhaps I'm too defensive, but a part of me wonders if people are questioning our parenting abilities? I know I'm being silly, but I can't help being a little dramatic and over sensitive sometimes :haha:

So yes, these are the reactions I'm getting now. I'm a little worried about what people will say when I'm actually pregnant with the third child. Anyone else facing the same thing?

This could have been written by me :)

I am in the same situation and get annoyed at the approval looks that I have 'one of each' as though I have ticked all boxes with both sexes- how ridiculous!

I think I will get a lot of family saying that i won't cope (In-laws mainly) as I suffered with post natal anxiety with my last baby. For some reason that makes me feel like they think i'm a rubbish mum who can't cope- it was just a difficult few months as my baby had reflux and I found it hard work. It doesn't mean I shouldn't have more children :) , the in-laws mean well, but I will not look forward to telling them as I will be self conscious.

I am 37 and need to get going on this asap as I am worried I am getting too old.

I just got my BFP this morning and this will be number 9 between us. :huh: We know what we want for our family and made the decision. There will always be negative people - that is their problem, not ours.

"Those who mind don't matter and those matter don't mind"
-Dr. Seuss

His: 3 biological - DD 18, DS 14, DS 10 & 2 step-kids he raised from toddlers- DD20, DS 19
Mine: 3 biological - DD 13, DD 8, DS 6
Ours: EDD August 7, 2015

We are very busy and full of love! :cloud9:

I just got my BFP this morning and this will be number 9 between us. :huh: We know what we want for our family and made the decision. There will always be negative people - that is their problem, not ours.

"Those who mind don't matter and those matter don't mind"
-Dr. Seuss

His: 3 biological - DD 18, DS 14, DS 10 & 2 step-kids he raised from toddlers- DD20, DS 19
Mine: 3 biological - DD 13, DD 8, DS 6
Ours: EDD August 7, 2015

We are very busy and full of love! :cloud9:

Congratulations!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583