Anyone else TTCing #1, in your 30s and have had 3+ IUI fails?

KatO79

Proud Mommy to Alexander
Reaction score
So for those who don't know me I'm 35 (turning 36 May 1st) and DH is 37. We've been TTCing #1 for 1½ years (started when I was 34½) and recently found out that our 4th IUI (with injectables) has failed so will be starting #5:cry: We're on the waiting list for IVF (got put on it after IUI #3 failed) but it can take 3-6 months before the hospital can take us. BTW we have unexplained infertility.

Anyone else in a similar position that wants to be buddies on this journey?

Yes! Me! I turned 35 in April and have had several failed IUI's started with clomid and 4 failed. then had a pelvic laparoscopy and moved to Gonal F which resulted in 3 failed. unexplained infertility here too!

Awww so sorry you have had so many failed CCClomidQueen:( Will you be trying more IUIs with Gonal F or moving on to IVF soon?

BTW I couldn't start IUI#5 as I apparently have a 20-25 mm cyst in the ovary I Oed from so have been NTNP this cycle. I'm expecting AF around the 18th-20th I think since I'm a bit unsure when I Oed. Wasn't paying much attention.

Hi Kat079! yes I actually had IUI this am lol first time at a new clinic. was on gonal f and all went well so far :) husbands post wash was 204 million! an all time high, but I only had one 20mm follicle. keeping my fingers crossed!!

Here's hoping this is it for you! Good luck :dust:

If IUIs don't work though, will you be moving on to IVF or...?

Yes we will move on to IVF. why is there a waiting list for IFV where you live?

Yes we will move on to IVF. why is there a waiting list for IFV where you live?

Because in Denmark, first you have to be TTCing for at least 12 months to get a referral (that is, if you want your free tries, hormones are out of pocket though, always). Here they refer you to a private clinic for the free 6 IUIs because even though it costs the state more, there's a higher success rate. If after the 3rd IUI you still have no BFP, you are then referred by the clinic to a hospital (the one closest to where you live) and put on the waiting list there for your 3 free IVF tries since it's cheaper for the state. Hospitals can only take a certain amount of couples, around 350 at a time. The waiting time to start at the hospital is between 3-6 months but it seems as there are many couples here having fertility issues so the waiting time is more like 6-7 months. It's a silly system but that's how they do things. I don't know why they just don't let you do IVF at the clinic you've already started at, despite the cost. Especially if you're over 35. But they don't care about your age here, you go through the same circus no matter if you're 25 or 40.

Wow, sounds like a lot of people going through the same in your area :( incredible process though! 3 Free IVF that is amazing! you are sure to be blessed with a gift like that!

Wow, sounds like a lot of people going through the same in your area :( incredible process though! 3 Free IVF that is amazing! you are sure to be blessed with a gift like that!

Well free and free. Taxes here are 45% on DH's wages (I'm a housewife) and then the taxes on everything here from food to clothes to the dentist are 25%. So in a a way, we're paying:winkwink: Hormones we pay for ourselves although I do think that after a certain amount, the state helps a bit with the cost.

Yikes! yes you sure are paying!!! my health insurance covers 12 IUI's and 5 rounds of injectable's. if I don't use last round of injectable's they will put the cost of drugs not used toward IVF which is about $7,000 they also pay for monitoring. my clinic has lowered there IVF price to about $13,000, so my out of pocket is about $6,000 which is starting to look better and better the more I go through!

Wow, 12 IUIs:wacko: I didn't think it was worth going for more than 6 since the likelihood of it working after the 6th is extremly low. I think your chances already go down for IUI after the 3rd one although I don't know how much. How many IUIs are you planning on going through?

Yes that doesn't sound too bad. But that's for 1 round of IVF, right?

AFM AF will definitely be here by tomorrow (have fresh blood at my cervix and cramping) so depending on when she's full flow, I can maybe call the clinic tomorrow, otherwise the day after. You have to be full flow before around noon for it to be considered CD1. Here's hoping I'm cyst free so I can go on with IUI #5.

Awwww crossing my fingers for you!!! I might try IUI once more if this doesn't work since I have a lot of meds unused in my fridge and have met many woman who got pregnant on their 5th 6th 7th and even 11th IUI! if I change my mind I can always donate the meds to the clinic for someone else before they expire. the cost noted above is for 3 trys

Awwww crossing my fingers for you!!! I might try IUI once more if this doesn't work since I have a lot of meds unused in my fridge and have met many woman who got pregnant on their 5th 6th 7th and even 11th IUI! if I change my mind I can always donate the meds to the clinic for someone else before they expire. the cost noted above is for 3 trys

Really??? I thought IUI had a lower chance of success after the 3rd one. So you've gotten meds for a certain amount of tries? I only get enough for each IUI although I will often have a tad left over that I can use for the next one. Ahh, ok the that isn't bad at all then:winkwink: But what happens if say the 1st or 2nd IVF works, do you get any money back?

I hadn't researched if I'd get my money back. hmm Ill have to check into that, but thinking no. were you able to schedule next appointment yet? hoping all goes well for you!!

I hadn't researched if I'd get my money back. hmm Ill have to check into that, but thinking no. were you able to schedule next appointment yet? hoping all goes well for you!!

Yep, going in today for cyst check:thumbup: So here's hoping I haven't made any new ones:wacko: I have to be at the clinic 10:45 AM so will update with the results. If I have a new cyst, I'm gonna go nuts:dohh:

UPDATE: It went well and had no cysts so going to start on 75 IU Puregon. The nurse doesn't get why I'm not pregnant yet since she looked over my CD3 hormone results again and said they were really good plus I'm 36 years young (don't agree much with the "Young" part:haha::winkwink:).

So here's hoping 5th time's the charm:thumbup:

Yayyyy that's great news! you're still young! there are woman in 40's just starting for #1!! we got this :)

Yayyyy that's great news! you're still young! there are woman in 40's just starting for #1!! we got this :)

Hahaha, I guess "young" is really a relative thing, I don't know if my eggs have gotten that memo:winkwink::haha: I think what has me a bit negative is this one member that was so lucky to get her BFP on her 1st IUI on Clomid at age 39-40:wacko: I'm here about to start IUI#5 at age 36 and have been on injectables each IUI. So it's making me wonder sometimes if something is wrong with me anyway:nope:

How's your 2WW going :)

ahhh know its so frustrating seeing all of these woman who do one iui and boom pregnant problem solved. makes me wonder if Im supposed to be doing all of this and whats the purpose since its not working. should I spend all this money on ivf if my body just cant be/get pregnant. met a very young couple today who adopted a new born for $15,000 was on a wait list during classes/meetings to adopt and 2 days after they had the final adoption meeting they received a call that a newborn was ready for them! they said it was the quickest adoption the agency ever had! never really though about adoption till today and seeing and hearing their situation. my tww is going ok. thanks for asking. you know how all the meds play tricks on you mind and body, so that's the most frustrating part. trying not to read into any symptoms. :( how are you holding up?

ahhh know its so frustrating seeing all of these woman who do one iui and boom pregnant problem solved. makes me wonder if Im supposed to be doing all of this and whats the purpose since its not working. should I spend all this money on ivf if my body just cant be/get pregnant. met a very young couple today who adopted a new born for $15,000 was on a wait list during classes/meetings to adopt and 2 days after they had the final adoption meeting they received a call that a newborn was ready for them! they said it was the quickest adoption the agency ever had! never really though about adoption till today and seeing and hearing their situation. my tww is going ok. thanks for asking. you know how all the meds play tricks on you mind and body, so that's the most frustrating part. trying not to read into any symptoms. :( how are you holding up?

One can hope that if the IUIs don't work that IVF will do the trick. I've heard some people are ineffective reproducers with IUI but effective reproducers with IVF. There are some ladies that had no luck with numerous IUI but e.g. IVF#1 worked. I'd think trying 3 IVFs should give you a good idea if it'll work for you. We'll most likely stop after IVF #3 if we get that far but we'll see. We're saving some money just in case we want to go for IVF #4.

Wow that sounds fast:wacko: Which is a good thing. It must suck to wait for years to get a baby, maybe even going through adoptions that fall through. Adoption can be a great thing but I think I'll first consider it if my 2nd IVF fails. I want to be sure we most likely can't get pregnant. Maybe it makes me a bad person but that's how I feel about it.

Oh I know all about those symptoms. Getting your hopes up only for AF to show. I try to just ignore them but it can be hard, yes. I've bought some stuff to make earrings and planning on buying more when DH pays me around the 1st of June. Need something to distract myself:winkwink: Maybe you could try finding a hobby to distract yourself? I can highly recommend it.

Going in for U/S #2 to see how many follies and when we can start the IUI on Wednesday. I'm hoping for 2-3 follies but we'll see. Definitely can't be more than 3 or they'll cancel the IUI.

So it went well and I have at least 1 follie ready to pop:happydance: Had a few smaller ones but not sure how many of them will mature in time and didn't ask the nurse. My IUI will be on Saturday morning so on our 6th wedding anniversary:thumbup:

Here's hoping it's lucky #5:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->