Anyone else turn/turning 30 WHILE still TTC #1?

NeyNey

Love My IVF Munchkin
Reaction score
Well come this January I'll be turning 30, as if this is not bad enough...we are still trying to have baby # 1. It's such a depressing thought and when I sit and think about it too much the tears begin to flow.

I hate the fact that my chances are decreasing by the day...i feel like i'm trying to outrun time, and who in the heck can achive that?

:dohh:

What a shitty birthday it will be.....I think I'll try to run away, sit on a swing like a hobo and get drunk by myself on champange from the bottle! :rofl:

Scary thing is, I think my friends are trying to plan a surprise party...God I hope not! lol:hissy:

Awww honey it really is a shitty feeling, isn't it? I will be 29 November 9th and I look around at my friends who all have kids, and wonder what the hell happened to me.

I hope you start feeling better :hug:

don't feel bad i will be 34 in April !!!:(...

Yep - 31 here - another 10 months and I'll be 32 - so got used to the fact that I will not have children before I'm 32 now!

Aww girls...Thanks for the replies :hugs:

Suz and Miel - you guys don't look a day over 25!

Don;'t worry ladies I'm gonna be 36 Nov 12th! Been ttc for about 18 months and can totally understand how you feel!

I turned 33 last month - mind you, my goal was to own my own house before i turned 30 and i managed that.... now i'm a married lady, next stop kids!! x

I'm 32 in November ... whoop whoop!!! I have to say that I always just assumed that I'd have had a couple of kids by the time I was 30 - now I'll not even have conceived my first by my 32nd birthday.

Oh well - I'll just have to eat :cake:

:hug:

Think there must have been a BabyandBump babyboom in April '75, as I'm with Suz and Miel and will 34 next April!!!!!!

In a year I will be. Gutted about it. If I am not pregnant by January I will not have my firstborn by my 30th.

I'm going to be 30 next May and I always wanted a baby before I turned 30 and that isn't going to happen. Wish I had started TTC earlier but we waited until we were in a financial position that we were happy we could afford a baby.

Hi I am 34 in Feb, didn't feel that old until I read the threads. lol

I recall a thread from a girl, one. She was 19, had been TTC for three months and was "giving up" because it was too hard.

WTF? Too hard? For three months at age nineteen? Try being almost ten years older than that having been off the pill for probably coming up to three YEARS.

THAT made me feel old. And kind of annoyed, really.

As 30 approached for me, I was very upset about it all too. I'd been TTC for 7 years and I never dreamt I'd still not have children. When I was young I wanted to be finished with having kids by the time I was 25. I guess as time passes you realise planning these things just leads to trouble. Now I am just praying I don't get to 35 because of the 'mature mum' thing.

You're certainly not alone :hugs:

I started TTC while I was still in my 20's and remember being gutted turning 30 and it not having happened. Amazing how quick I got over that and started panicking about turning 35 without it ever happening!! I'm 32 now and it is approaching far too quickly!

I'm 32 (33 in Feb), so dont worry too much!! Old is the new young! LOL xx

I turned 30 in June of this year - which was also my two years of TTC mark. I was so worried about it for the months leading up to it and was so miserable - i was the same as you in that I wanted to just curl up alone somewhere. and then - i thought it was a wasted opportunity to have at least one happy day. I booked a spa two day break for my entire family for my actual birthday and then parties and clubbing with friends the weekend either side and took the whole week off work - so that it was one long week of fun and I didnt get upset once cos I was having too much fun.
i know its hard sweetie - but if you can - try to enjoy it - our lives are full of disappointment enough as it is - you deserve a little bit of happiness.

Bx x :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"