Anyone else turned off to water suddenly?

DevotedMommy

Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2
Reaction score
The strangest thing... I have been drinking tons of water every day because I know it's good for the baby... and I have been soooo thirsty too. Now, today, I can barely drink it, can only sip, and it seems to be making me sick. :-( I ate when i got up and was fine, now it's 10am and am nauseated from water? Yuck... I have heartburn / burping really bad too... I hope I don't vomit! Please, God, don't let me vomit! :hissy:

I am not a water person but I force myself. 2 glasses before decafe, 2 glasses at lunch , 2 glasses at dinner, and two before bed. Just try youre best to keep up the water. Lacking water can cause cramping and contractions then when its let to stay that way it can cause preterm labour.

I am not a water person but I force myself. 2 glasses before decafe, 2 glasses at lunch , 2 glasses at dinner, and two before bed. Just try youre best to keep up the water. Lacking water can cause cramping and contractions then when its let to stay that way it can cause preterm labour.

Yes, I know! That actually happened to me with #1, not because I wouldn't drink water but because I couldn't keep it down, not even sips. I was around 5-6 mos and went to the hospital for dehydration due to severe morning sickness (a regular occurence with that pregnancy)... I started to go into preterm labor! They gave me a shot through an IV to stop it and it did stop it... but it was SO scary!

Luckily I haven't vomited yet, just bad nausea... so I will keep sipping a lot, trying to get as much water in as possible.

I can't drink water but orange squash seems to work with me. I found pure water aggrevates my stomach and made me feel sick

YES!! For the past 6 weeks I cannot drink water, it makes me feel sick! I can't even have bottled water as it tastes so chalky and meugh.
I am going to buy a britta filter thing to see if that helps as it seems to be cos the water tastes so chemically that is putting me off. That said, I can VERY easily drink Soda water!

oh yes amen! But I still drink soo much water all day as I have 3 kidney stones...and well you're supposed to but it makes me feel so yucky and sick afterwards. I can also only drink the purified water from the work water cooler, not my britta water filtered water. So I fill up aVOSS water bottle (27 oz/800 ml) before I go home each night! I'm just worried about when I get further along.

I'm having to force myself to drink it. I normally drink at least 3 litres a day and I'm finding that drinking less is making my wee much darker so I think I am a bit dehydrated.

It's also worth noting that dehydration makes you tired so I'm using that as an incentive to get through the pain!

Hx

I've always hated plain water. I find adding just a bit of orange juice helps to give it some flavour and then my stomach doesn't get upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->