Anyone else unexplained RPL?

Thanks Rachel. Me too. End of May is far too far away.
Oh awesome! Will be interesting to see 😊
I think we are going to be an unexplained case from what was said. So guess it will be a case of trying again in the summer. Guess we need to give it one more shot

Hi Rachel.

Just seen your original post so hope you don't mind me jumping on here. I had 4 losses and an ectopic before my DS with no explanation as the cause from all the NHS testing. I went to see Prof Quenby in Coventry for NK cell testing (biopsy) which came back positive. She then prescribed prednisolone and heparin until 12 weeks which is what worked. Had another mc (wasn't on treatment and didn't realise I was pregnant) and another ectopic but am now 14 weeks pregnant with number 2 after taking same cocktail of drugs again. Are you in the UK? Definitely try and see prof Quenby if you can-so many people on here have had success with prednisolone after finding out they have high NK cells. Not available on NHS but certainly worth the few hundred pound if you get you rainbow. Jump over to the RPL thread as so much support and advice there too. Hope this helps you.

xx

Hi Rachel.

Just seen your original post so hope you don't mind me jumping on here. I had 4 losses and an ectopic before my DS with no explanation as the cause from all the NHS testing. I went to see Prof Quenby in Coventry for NK cell testing (biopsy) which came back positive. She then prescribed prednisolone and heparin until 12 weeks which is what worked. Had another mc (wasn't on treatment and didn't realise I was pregnant) and another ectopic but am now 14 weeks pregnant with number 2 after taking same cocktail of drugs again. Are you in the UK? Definitely try and see prof Quenby if you can-so many people on here have had success with prednisolone after finding out they have high NK cells. Not available on NHS but certainly worth the few hundred pound if you get you rainbow. Jump over to the RPL thread as so much support and advice there too. Hope this helps you.

xx

Thank you so much for your reply :hugs: I am in the states and see a reproductive endocrinologist. He never tested me for natural killer cells. I asked him about it and he said he has me take a 20 day course of doxycycline which helps with the NK cells if that is an issue. I asked about prednisone because I read about it but he didn't seem to want to put me on it. We are trying lovenox (heparin) for my next pregnancy. If I have another loss I will push for the prednisone or possibly seek a 2nd opinion. My dh and I decided if we have two more mcs which would put us at 5 in a row then we will likely stop trying and try to be happy with our dd. This is just too hard on us.

Ah ok. I've not heard of using doxycycline before for NK cells, but definitely lots of evidence for prednisolone. Definitely push your doc for it! Good luck on your journey. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->