Anyone else waiting for their first period after coming off the pill?

Vickster1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Just wondering whether there was anyone else that's waiting for their first AF after coming off the pill? I'm not TTC until July but wanted to get my body back into its normal pattern beforehand so we're as prepared as can be before we TTC!

I took my last yasmin pill on the 2nd of Feb. Had my normal Withdrawal bleed then nothing yet! Hoping by the weekend something will happen!

Hi,

I'm also trying to get my cycles back on track before we TTC.

I took my last yasmin pill on 1st Feb. and I'm expecting my period in 9 days providing I'm back to my 29 day cycle as before going on the pill.

I always had regular periods (+/- 1 day). But with coming off the pill I'm not so sure it will be on time, might be early or late..

I'll let you know!

PS. How are you feeling? I'm feeling a lot moodier unfortunately. And also had ovulation cramps.

I don't know what to do when we come to TTC. Part of me wants to come off the pill and have a couple of months to prepare my body and get back into normal cycles, but then part of me says just go for it. My periods were quite heavy and painful before I started to take the pill so I only want to be off it for as little time as necessary and there's also the fertility surge!
Argghhh!! We're not even going to TTC until spring 2015 at the earliest and I'm already confused!

I have changed my mind back and forth, for the last 6 months, between coming off the pill immediately before TTC or give my body a chance to regulate before we TTC. Now TTC is only about a month away and it looks like we are taking the pill right up until we start TTC. DH and I didn't want the potential of an "opps" before our planned TTC date.

I'm hoping with TTC right after coming off the pill we get a fertility serge, but if it takes a few months for me to start ovulating then it will be no big deal, as we will just have the "whatever happens - happens" mentality.

Everybody will find what works for them and their OH.

Please keep updating us ladies. I'm wttc but on yasmin too and not sure what to do. I think best to give your body at least one cycle to regulate because even though the pill leaves your system right away, it can leave you with extra thick cm and lining which can make it harder for the egg to implant.

Hi,

I'm also trying to get my cycles back on track before we TTC.

I took my last yasmin pill on 1st Feb. and I'm expecting my period in 9 days providing I'm back to my 29 day cycle as before going on the pill.

I always had regular periods (+/- 1 day). But with coming off the pill I'm not so sure it will be on time, might be early or late..

I'll let you know!

I'm expecting my period soon too (i hope) i was always regular too prior to taking the pill but have been on yasmin for 2 years and microgynon 3 before that. I really hope I get back to normal soon. Just feels rubbish not knowing!!

I have changed my mind back and forth, for the last 6 months, between coming off the pill immediately before TTC or give my body a chance to regulate before we TTC. Now TTC is only about a month away and it looks like we are taking the pill right up until we start TTC. DH and I didn't want the potential of an "opps" before our planned TTC date.

I'm hoping with TTC right after coming off the pill we get a fertility serge, but if it takes a few months for me to start ovulating then it will be no big deal, as we will just have the "whatever happens - happens" mentality.

Everybody will find what works for them and their OH.

I wouldn't worry about any 'Oops" as if you weren't ready you could just use a barrier method until you were eg condoms. I thought it would be awful going from been on the pill for so long to using condoms again but DH doesn't mind and it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

I am waiting now for my first period after going off hormonal birth control pills. I took the last one on February 28th and DH and I are now using condoms. The idea is to wait and see if I get a regular cycle then TTC :happydance: . . . I am overweight and I also had irregular periods before going on the pills 9 years ago, so we would like to see how my cycles are before we start.

Still nothing I'm afraid but feel like I've got really dull Menstrual cramps (happening for atleast the last week) got a docs app tomorrow too so fingers crossed for some positive news. Really hoping something will happen soon. I just feel really on edge all the time constantly checking whether I've come on af or not!!

I hope you ladies don't have any trouble with your cycle after the pill. I was on various pills for about 9 years and when I stopped to ntnp ds I didn't have a period for 80 days! Yep 11 weeks.
But the positive was that I came off the pill first week in aug and fell pregnant in December bfp just before new year.
Xx

I am very confused ... I took my last pill on Feb 28 and so far nothing (no bleeding at all . . . but on this pill I often had little to no bleeding during the 'off' week). Today still no AF, but instead I noticed some discharge that is thick and white . . . kind of stringy/slimy. Not much, but I notice when I wipe, and if I check there is def more. What can this be? I wondered about yeast infection . . . but it is not the cottage cheese stuff I remember from when I had one many years ago . . . and no itching at all. I doubt I am pregnant (DH and I have been using condoms).

Advice???

Egg white cervical mucus - fertile mucus indicates ovulation. You won't have had any on the pill as it suppresses ovulation and thickens cervical mucus. Xx

Hmm, it seems very soon to ovulate . . . maybe my body is doing weird things as it tries to settle into a rhythm. Thanks :)

Actually I noticed se mild cramping as well . . . but only on the left side, which I guess can be ovulation cramps. I wonder if it is possible to go straight into a cycle w/o AF after coming off the pills? It is all so confusing :(

Anyway, please keep up the replies ladies -- it is comforting to think of others in similar position who are waiting for things to go back to normal :)

Any bleeding straight off the pill isn't really af is breakthrough bleeding, real af is only triggered after ovulation and progesterone drop -I think although you can get the odd cycle where you don't ovulate and the lining gets too much and breaks down anyway ( often a late heavy period.
You can start ov straight away or it can take time.
Have you looked up the cervical mucus cycle? It can be helpful xx

Hi ladies,

Well today I got my period. Looks like I'm in for a painful one too.

So my cycle lasted 31 days. Only 2 days longer than expected so looks like I'm getting back to normal.

Good look to the rest of you, keep us posted!

**waiting for ibuprofen to kick in**

Starlight, so happy you are getting back to a regular cycle! Def hoping it continues that way.

RaspberryK, I didn't realize it isn't 'real' AF when coming off the pill. That makes sense then. I will look up the cervical mucus cycle and maybe start tracking what symptoms I see.

I am also getting a CB fertility monitor, but supposed to wait until 2 cycles after the pill to start using it.

I am so hoping it goes well for all of us. Hard for me to grasp that I am finally starting this journey :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->