Anyone else wake up the baby?

W8ing4ours

Reaction score
I don't have a doppler, and maybe I should consider getting one, but I wake up the baby if I feel like I haven't felt her in awhile. Like, 10 minutes ago, i just softly pushed at my stomach and talked to her until I felt her move. Now I'm fine, but feeling bad that I woke her up. Does anyone else do this?

I do it all the time, And my husband gives me proper crap for it as well, I have an anterior placenta so I don't feel him move all the time so I like poking at him so he will kick back.
Gives me reassurance that hes still there

i did lat time i will TRY not to this time hehe

i wake him up by poking or tapping the bump sometimes :) or just rubbing it and talking to him. Doppler usually is worse - every time i put it on my bump, he starts kicking it very hard like he'd be very uncomfortable. So i don't use it that often anymore.

If I do it, my oh tells me to "leave the poor lil bugger alone" rofl !!! He also says that when I get the Doppler out :)

I do and my MIL is always saying i shouldn't but i like when my baby responds. With my son i was really mean, when i was in the bath i would tap a glass under the water against the side of the bath and he would jump starfish style... I did feel bad for that though.

xx

I'm not far enough along to do this but I'm loving this thread - very funny.

Enjoy it while it lasts - soon the little munchkins will be waking us up.

I do and my mum goes mad! she says i am too rough with it and cruel lol. i just tell her its well cushiond in there!!

I have an anterior placenta and wake him up too, only once in a while if I haven't felt him bopping around for a bit x

My OH used to blow raspberries on my belly to wake him up :blush::haha: was really funny watching my belly go all alien lol

i wake him up by poking or tapping the bump sometimes :) or just rubbing it and talking to him. Doppler usually is worse - every time i put it on my bump, he starts kicking it very hard like he'd be very uncomfortable. So i don't use it that often anymore.

Haha, mine's exactly the same. As soon as the Doppler comes out! *BOOT* get away! LOL.

This just doesn't work for me. I think my baby is incredibly lazy. Me and OH are always trying to get him to move/wake up but he's having none of it.

When i haven't felt my baby in a while, i use this app called wake up belly along with a glass of lemonade. That usually wakes her up :)

Well I'm 15wks and think I've felt flutters more after a bath so no I've started using the flash light on my phone and press it on my tummy might be in my head but I think it works. When I feel stronger movements I'm gonna be poking loads. X

haha I do this all the time. Most of the time its not because I'm worried but just because I want to feel her. But I've definitely spent some days pushing and jiggling my belly if I haven't felt her. Most of the time she gets mad and really kicks me and I'm like "oh yup hey there"

Yes! I just do it because I like feeling the movement. I put my phone torch to my belly too and it gets the baby going every time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->