Anyone else with 16 week app this week and 20 week scan end of June?

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
The title says it all really! So excited as my next appointment tomorrow and scan on the 30th! Wondered if anyone was around the same time and wanted to countdown with me! 29 days to go!
Also do they listen to the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment?
And for your 20 week one will you be finding out? xx

I am a little behind you although, I couldn't get a 16 week appointment until 17th June when I will be 17+6, but then I have my 20 week scan a day before you on the 29th so not too far apart !!

x

How exciting! Are u going to find out what your having or stay team yellow? x

I have my 16 week check up tomorrow and 20 week scan on 1st July so not too different from you! Im really hoping midwife will listen to the heartbeat tomorrow, I'm going to ask her too. And we are staying team yellow! How about you?x

I'm hoping to find out if bubba plays ball. I've never been very good at being patient!!! Let me know how it goes at your appointment - mines at 10.15 when's yours? We're going to ask her to listen to heartbeat too - we've been listening to it on the Doppler so hopefully she'll be able to find it easily! xx

I am definitely staying team yellow ! I have heard a couple of horror stories this week about women being told they are have 1 sex and then when it is born getting the other ! They were happy they baby was happy and healthy but at the same time a bit gutted everything they bought in either pink or blue and to be swapped ! Also, I have just seen there is a thread on here today about a lady who was told it was a boy (apparently they saw everything balls and penis) and then at the 20 week scan was told it was a girl ! Nightmare !

Are you finding out? Sorry hope I didn't put you off !!!

:hugs:

My appointment tomorrow is 2:40pm - yep Ive been listening on the doppler too so fingers crossed she'll be able to pick it up quickly! Any idea what else they do at the 16 week appointment?x

hi ive got my 16 weeks app tomorrow ill be 16+5 and ive got my 20weeks scan on 27th ill be 20+2 cant wait :) we're finding out, our son really wants a baby brother so he can teach him football bless him but we honestly dont mind, 3 weeks 5 days and counting till we find out :haha:

The title says it all really! So excited as my next appointment tomorrow and scan on the 30th! Wondered if anyone was around the same time and wanted to countdown with me! 29 days to go!

Yay a countdown buddy! I had my check up at 16+6 yesterday and am having my next scan on the 30th too!! I've just started a countdown on my facebook this morning too as i'm so excited! We're hoping to find out the sex, as i'm high risk i'm having another 2 scans after that one (28 weeks and 32 weeks) so i'm hoping we'll definitely know what we're having by the end of it all! My midwife just checked my blood pressure and urine yesterday and asked me if i felt ok. I was hoping to hear the baby but they didn't do it :wacko: I hope you get to hear your LO!

Yep im at midwifes Monday, but i'll be 17wks and my 20wk scan on the 30th June :happydance: Having a gender scan on Saturday '3 more sleeps' :haha:

Hi I had 16 week appointment last week. Was nowhere near a proper check up cos it was just a blood test for Down's by the mw at the hospital. I did ask her to listen for the heartbeat too though!
My 20 wk scan is 29th June and 99% sure we won't find out the sex though the percentage is starting to get lower as we get nearer!!

I've got my 16 week appt today at 2.45 and my scan is june 23rd. I'm sooooooo excited to hear the heartbeat today!x

I've got my 16 week appointment tomorrow but seeing the consultant due to panic attacks, feeling really nervous about it but I've been doing great. Have my scan on 29th June, it can't come quick enough x

im a little behind i have my 16 week appointment on the 9th of june and my 20 week scan on the 8th of july x

My 16 eeek appointment is the 7th but il be 17+3 and my scan Is the 22nd I can't wait and my and the OH still haven't decided to find out or not were going to wait till our scan x

Didn't get a chance to get back on BnB yesterday - was so busy, but thought I'd update... and try a multi quote post, so here goes....

Had the 16 week check - basically went through my blood test results and talked about having a tour at the hospital, and also what classes were available. She checked my urine, then had a feel for where my uterus was and then listened to the baby's heartbeat! It was really cool, and really reassuring to know it was the same as what we have been hearing on the home doppler!!! She said the 24 week check is with the GP and is a bit of medical where they will listen to my chest, and then the next appointment with her is the 28 week check where they will listen to the heartbeat again. Hope all of yours go well and you get to hear the heartbeat too! xx

I am definitely staying team yellow ! I have heard a couple of horror stories this week about women being told they are have 1 sex and then when it is born getting the other ! They were happy they baby was happy and healthy but at the same time a bit gutted everything they bought in either pink or blue and to be swapped ! Also, I have just seen there is a thread on here today about a lady who was told it was a boy (apparently they saw everything balls and penis) and then at the 20 week scan was told it was a girl ! Nightmare !

Are you finding out? Sorry hope I didn't put you off !!!

:hugs:

Not been put off - still going to find out - but waiting until the 20 week scan to find out because I had heard that sometimes it's not as accurate before as that area can be swollen.

Yay a countdown buddy! I had my check up at 16+6 yesterday and am having my next scan on the 30th too!! I've just started a countdown on my facebook this morning too as i'm so excited! We're hoping to find out the sex, as i'm high risk i'm having another 2 scans after that one (28 weeks and 32 weeks) so i'm hoping we'll definitely know what we're having by the end of it all! My midwife just checked my blood pressure and urine yesterday and asked me if i felt ok. I was hoping to hear the baby but they didn't do it :wacko: I hope you get to hear your LO!

I'm so excited - and I like having a countdown - only 28 days to go! I'm sure with those extra scans they should be able to tell pretty accurately what you're having - and hopefully they'll tell you the same at each one!!!

Hi I had 16 week appointment last week. Was nowhere near a proper check up cos it was just a blood test for Down's by the mw at the hospital. I did ask her to listen for the heartbeat too though!
My 20 wk scan is 29th June and 99% sure we won't find out the sex though the percentage is starting to get lower as we get nearer!!

Lol - we were the same! Right at the beginning DH didn't want to know at all, but he's now decided that as he doesn't mind that much, and I really want to know, then we'll find out. He also agreed that it's more practical in terms of planning for decorating and purchasing purposes! Plus I think he realises that it's meant I've brought nothing for the baby yet, and won't do until I know what we're having! Good Luck! xx

I had the midwife on Tuesday and heard the heartbeat. Was really amazing! 20 week scan booked for 23rd june! Will be staying team yellow!

Ha want2bmum we're definitely in the same boat then.
I felt so strongly that I didn't want to know and now this is changing. Think DH wants to know more than me now though!

It is difficult - it's the whole surprise vs planning piece I suppose. I just keep looking at clothes when I'm out and the unisex stuff is lovely - although there doesn't seem to be as much choice - but it's the pink/blue that I'm falling in love with. Most of the furniture and big stuff we buy will be fairly neutral, but love the thought of buying either pink or blue for everything else. Plus, with it being Christmas not long after the baby is born, I want to be able to do some shopping before hand, and to buy baby a really cute christmas outfit!! I know it's only silly reasons really, but it just makes me feel much more comfortable thinking I can plan ahead for a boy or girl!
I do envy people that don't find out - I just don't have the patience! x

Had 16 week check on Tuesday and all was really good and heard the little persons h/b for the first time, I melted!
Have my 20 week scan on the 28th June.

Like with our first, we are staying team yellow for this one.

It still brings tears to my eyes, about that moment, when our first child was born of my husband just saying through tears, its a boy, a beautiful boy our little Isaac Henry.

At first I did want to know what we were having, but I am so glad that I waited, the surprise for everyone was just the best.

164 days isn't that long to wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->