Anyone else with a 9 month old still waking at night?

Aimee1003

Reaction score
I will admit it is better...from 5 months to 7 months, he was waking 5-6 times a night. Then months 7 and 8 he was waking 3-4 times with at least an hour of awake time. Now he wakes up 2-3 times a night and each time takes him 20-30 min to get back to sleep.

Just that I thought by 9 months my baby would be sleeping through the night again. He slept through the night from 2 months old to 5 months old. Are we destined to always wake up at night? When can I realistically expect him to sleep through the night?

14 months here and still wakes... no advice just sympathizing with you! haha. We bed share a lot of the night though so it's not so bad...

My LO is still waking 2+ times most nights. She's only slept through twice in her life and that was at 4 months old. Honestly at this point I'd be happy with 1-2 wakings as long as she consistently had a long stretch of sleep at the beginning of the night, but I don't know if/when she's going to get there.

PS: Happy 9 months! :flower:

ummmm my 1 year old wakes up every 30mins - 2 hours at night every night.

mine's almost 9 months and still takes 1-2 bottles a night and also wakes up for no reason

This is depressing to read. I will have a 13 month old and a newborn, if he is still waking til he is two I will likely go insane. Only thing that makes me feel better is that Coen sttn from 7 weeks to 4 months. Hoping me baby does that too.

Yes, I can relate. My son is almost 10 months and wakes at least 2-3 times per night. I can't complain too much though because it is defintly much better then it was in the past. I used to have to physically get out of bed to console him. Now, since we cosleep, I just roll over and nurse him.

I regret reading this thread. Thanks a lot guys!! Lol

Yeah :( LO wakes 2-5 times but most nights has a 2 hour middle of the night wake time where she's just WIDE awake :coffee:

No idea when it will end but I don't have any hope for any time soon, keep your expectations low and one day you might be pleasantly suprised, I reckon!

My boy is 9 months now and sadly everything has gone a bit tits up for me. He always woke about twice a night from 5 months ( before then it was every hour or two for feeds) and he is still doing it now, only on top of that he wont go to sleep at his normal bedtime anymore (7pm) and I am lucky if he gets tired by 11pm now. So draining... sigh :-(

Hopefully he will STTN at some point. Dont know how mums who work cope with babies who still wake frequently. Its bad enough when you are a SAHM!

Yep still wakes 4-6 times, with at least one 2 hour awake stretch. Soul destroying.

Till about 10 days ago Dominic woke for a bottle every night. And till he was about 9 months old he woke for 2 bottles every night. I am so grateful that is over now lol

If this is case, is sleep training answer, or can they eventually wean themselves??? Dd wakes 2/3 times a night, and I am getting so judged for it

Charlotte usually STTN about 5 days a week, but will wake once or twice sometimes. I think it's very normal - 9 months is a big time for developmental milestones and their brains just won't shut off!

Yes, I am up and down anywhere between 2-5 times a night, sometimes I just have to give him his dummy and other times i have to take him out and put him back to sleep in my arms and back into the cot.

I don't actually mind that much as I assume he will eventually grow out of it but it is sooooooooooooo tiring and I work full time and commute so I am literally in bed every night by about 9, meaning hardly any quality time with hubby!!!

He is in bed from about 7 as he does be exhausted and his first wake up might not be till about 2 then it could be another 3 times until he is awake for the day about 6.10!!

I really hope he starts to sleep through before new baba arrives!!!

Last night I was only up once at about 3 and it took about 20 mins to get him back to sleep and he slept till 6.30 when I get up anyway, what a difference it made to me today, don't feel like the walking dead!!!

So no advice only good to know I am not alone x

Rowan is almost 11 months and is still up 2-5 times a night:dohh:

Yep, not only does he wake in the night but he wakes for the day at 5.45am!!! It's not too bad now but I start back at work next month so I'm not sure how I'll cope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->