• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else with short luteal phase?

BunnyN

Reaction score
Did OPKs last cycle and was a bit crushed to discover I had a 6/7 day lp. I'm still Breastfeeding our 11 month old so I'm sure that's why but I was hoping things were close to getting back to normal as I started my periods again in January. What are other ladies experiences with a short lp?

Hello, sorry to jump in here, but I didn't want you to lose hope...I had a 6-8 day LP (when I even ovulated) and got pregnant my second month trying, unassisted. So it does happen. Some doctors are starting to think the LP length isn't as big a deal as they first thought. Some people do have issues with it, but not everyone. FX for you!

Thanks so much Tigerlily. There seems to be so much contradicting information about it but a positive experience really helps. I don't think it is permanent thing for me, just my body not being quite back to normal because of the breastfeeding but I was hoping that I would be able to get pregnant again soon because of my age and I don't want to stop BFing.

Did you try supplements or anything?

No, I didn't take anything other than prenatals. I'm in my 30's, so not exactly my prime fertility years either. I hope it goes well for you! I know some ladies on here talk about taking vitamin B (not sure what kind), but I never tried it.

I fell pregnant in one try with our little girl so hoping it wont take too long with #2 but I'm not quite sure what the short lp will mean for me. I don't tend to go in for supliments much but I was wondering if I should try vit b.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"